General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I'd like to go a different direction to the questions I see on this thread and ask how YOU feel about the potential of this club and how YOU have settled into your role?

Your comments are refreshing and always ooze belief.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, well done to everyone at VP for a very satisfactory transfer window. If we make the same kind of progress during the next few transfer windows we will be a real force to be reckoned with in two/three years time. Last nights result was disappointing but the manner in which we dominated large parts of the game is an exciting sign of good things to come. Keep up the good work, see you on saturday. Up the Villa!

my brother bought me a day out at villa park for the sheffield united game on the last day of the season. i hope i will manage to shake your hand to thank you personally for all you have done for this club, and continue to do so. fantastic work.

General Krulak here:

1. It was a good transfer window...some wonderful, young, players who will certainly help us in the future. The summer is the summer....hopefully we will see MON and Randy continue to work their magic. Again, it will be up to MON as to who he wants (to help the team now and in the future.) Randy will NOT be dictating player choices...he trusts MON.

2. The game. It was a disappointment...we should have won or, at a minimum, tied. Our lads dominated large portions of the game...Carew and Young gave us a glimpse of what will come. I am NOT worried. We have a helluva team and a great manager...we will be winners.

3. "What do I think of our team?" First and foremost, I need to qualify what I say based upon my background in the Forces...because I sure as hell am not an expert in football. I would start by saying that we have a tremendous "General" by the name of Martin O'Neill. He is a great tactician, a great teacher, a great evaluator of talent, and a great motivator. His qualities can be summed up with the term, LEADER. Our Team mirrors its General in its determination, stamina, desire and guts. I confess that in all the games I have seen them play, they only disappointed me for about 15 total minutes. The VAST, VAST, majority of the time, they play their hearts out. They do NOT give up...they keep pressing...they keep trying. Give me that kind of Team any day over the "perfumed princes" that make mega-millions and only worry about how they look. We have a hugely talented group of Coaches and a superb "front office" that is only going to get better under the new CEO, Richard Fitzgerald. My sincere belief is that we will be a Championship Team...play for the Premiership title and for a dominent spot in Europe within the next 3 seasons. Yes, I know, I am probably going to be accused of delusions of grandeur...but I BELIEVE in what we are doing...I believe in Randy, I believe in Martin. What I have laid out is not impossible. A key to our success will be the Fans!!! When our lads are spilling their guts on the Pitch, we need 45,000 maniacs screaming their lungs out in the stands.

My sincere belief is that we will be a Championship Team

Just so that you don't make the faux pas in future - the 'Championship' is the division below the Premiership ;) I/We know exactly what you meant, but just for your own knowledge I thought I'd straighten it up :)

General Krulak here:

A key to our success will be the Fans!!! When our lads are spilling their guts on the Pitch, we need 45,000 maniacs screaming their lungs out in the stands.

So, for all you stayaway fans, let those words be ringing in your ears; no pun intended!

And I would attend Villa Park every week if I could, although I'm currently in a foreign land!

UP the VILLA.

General Krulak here:

I told you I was in the Forces....Champions are Champions! Forgive me for using the term improperly! For any who question what I meant, I meant WINNING IT ALL!!!! A huge silver cup with nice tassles hanging off of it that signifies we are the best around.

General Krulak here:

I told you I was in the Forces....Champions are Champions! Forgive me for using the term improperly! For any who question what I meant, I meant WINNING IT ALL!!!! A huge silver cup with nice tassles hanging off of it that signifies we are the best around.

Yeah it's a stupid name to give to the second division :roll: I still call it the second, don't worry about it we know what you meant.

I think we're probably a little short in some departments still but this transfer window has been excellent for us. We're just a few quality additions from challenging properly for a UEFA cup spot next season. This season should be about finishing as high as we can and I think we'll start to move up the league now thanks to the new signings.

Winning top honours, such as the Premiership or the European Champions League is a whole different matter though General. I don't think we should underestimate just how good the top sides are, it's going to take a lot of work, and I'm afraid to say, an awful lot of money to catch them up.

Edit - We'll have bloody good fun trying though! :D

General, no ass kissing intended, but you might possibly be the first board member of a premiership club who would be bought a beer by almost any of the 38lk people in the ground.......

Pass on my compliments re the transfer window. We have been big spenders - first time ever, but our signings dont have the hint of "desperation" that taints the likes of say the players being bought by West Ham.

The league position is a touch disappointing, but I still have every confidence it will improve, and im impressed by the boards confidence in Martin O Neill. We see, in the posts from you, representing the board, a belief in his long term vision. And when a manager has that, he knows the immediate pressure is off, and can work to the future.

Nice one.

General Krulak here:

I look forward to seeing you with it held above your head.

General can you look into some kind of early renewal reward scheme for season ticket holders?

or maybe a reward scheme for long standing season ticket holders?

I would be willing to commit now for another season at least depending on funds avaliable and especially if it meant saving a bit of cash!

Even if it was just £10 it would be nice...

Having said that whether you rewarded early renewals or not I am sure to still be sat at Villa park every other saturday anyway!!!

9 seasons and counting!!!

is not having a brilliant board, and some great signings and a great manager enough of a reward for you?

why should we be rewarded for watching the team we love, when we have a top board who is shelling out money to buy quality etc

your reward is having your seat, and able to watch a team building into future european champions

Of course thats true, however, having heard our new CEO talking about adding value and wanting to reward fans I thought it might be a way of doing it. Other teams have similar schemes in place and seem to have been succesful. Anyway it is only an idea!

General Krulak here:

1. Gareth Barry called up for the full England Squad in friendly vs. Spain. Great news.

2. Gabby, Gary Cahill and Ashley called up for the U21 England Squad in friendly vs. Spain.

3. Says alot about the direction the Club is moving...especially the youth that we have and will have for years to come. Great news for the Lads.

General,

Did you have a chance to look at my idea of the re-vamp of ordering tickets online with the Odeon Cinema chain here in the UK as an example for you to individually pick your seats in the stadium? Obviously this might cause problems with people picking seats with 1 gap in between etc but it was just an idea.

Cheers

Up the villa :)

Don´t forget Bouma as well General. He has played his part this season.

I´m so delighted for Barry though, it has been long overdue really! (I know this should be in the other thread), but I wanted to share the excitement in the Generals thread, hehe.

I must say i am absolutely stunned with the way things are being done with the club (sorry my bad engkish). I would also like to say thank you to the General for being in this forum and answering the fans. For me personal as a fan this means a lot and i must say i am loving the club more and more each day. When i get married it has to be at Villa Park (since i have never been there, and it will bee a honeymoon and wedding in one) Question: is it possible to get married at Villa Park (with my girlfriend...not the club...)?