General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General.

A little cheeky question, any tidbits of info on any further player purchases, if not any clues? ;)

Any news on the online ticketing system and improvements? Perhaps picking your actual seats online, a cinema chain in the UK Odeon do this with there online booking. I know a cinema is a much smaller scale but an example of what can be done with online seat booking.

Up the Villa :)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, not sure if this idea has been suggested before.

There has been some talk about reducing prices and making season tickets better value for money. My opinion is that they are already amongst the lowest in the league and if the team plans come to fruition they should be great value. However, one idea I have had is if they cannot be reduced in price how about keeping them the same level but also including in them all home cup tie's. This used to be the norm but the previous owner made a change in the mid to late 80's if I recall.

Adding the cup games back into the season ticket could be a good way of helping the fans

Besides which with our recent history of cupp success, and the fact that we tend to have away draws it would hardly cost anything!

Just to raise something, this thread is huge so I haven't had chance to see what others views are on this, but I've seen there is talk of a star being included in Villa's new badge? I am personally against this, and don't think we need a star at all, I think it would look tacky and would ruin the badge. If we were to get to the champs league in 5 years time (hopefully sooner!) we would have a star above anyway. It is unnecessary and I hope this is decided against.

I think we should only have the star above the badge WHEN we are competing in the Champions League in Europe. Don't see why we should have a star above our badge for league, league cup games or FA Cup games when those competitions themselves have nout to do with the European Cup.

I have not seen the possible new crests. But I would like to see an option to buy

an official Villa shirt with sponsor logo and normal crest (One player wore on the pitch) for 35 pounds

or

an official Villa shirt without sponsor logo (I mean main one in middle) and normal crest with a star for 40 pounds. (We can call it 25th anniversity kit edition ;) )

Can we do that as I don't like wearing advertising companies.

an official Villa shirt without sponsor logo

I agree, think this would be a great idea. Not sure about the £40 though!

Here's a ticketing idea for you, as some fans cannot afford a season ticket or maybe simply know that they cannot attend every home game maybe we could batch a selection of, say, 5 games together across the season. You could do it 1 category A game 2 B's and 2 C's or 5 A's at one price, 5 B's at another. It might encourage people along.

Anyway thanks to you General for taking the time to start and regularly contribute to this thread.

General, with the excitment of the new players and hopefully one or two more :nod: the idea above could be tried now.

Why not offer the last three home games as a package for say £65, similar I know to the Liverpool/Arse/Everton deal but as these are less glamourous games the interest could be lower.

For these games why not offer a family deal - 1 Adult - two kids for say £75

an official Villa shirt without sponsor logo

if villa agreed to do this, and make any sort of official villa shirt without the sponsor logo, our sponsership deal would be significantly less than it would be if every shirt had it.

this could affect progress on or off the pitch for our club

is it really worth even thinking about having a shirt without a sponser? when lets face it, its for selfish reasons and would only hinder the clubs progress.

General Krulak here:

2. I am not sure how many US Forces are currently in the UK...but ALL the Marines are now Villa Fans!!!

Fight, fight, wherever you may be.

We are the boys of the Holte Army, 2nd Brigade, USMC. :D

thats a great song....

:D

Just got me and my son tickets for the west ham game ,, for the first time in years im actually looking forward to the 800 mile 12 hour round trip to villa park !! Thats all down to yourself and the new regime general !!!

Just got me and my son tickets for the west ham game ,, for the first time in years im actually looking forward to the 800 mile 12 hour round trip to villa park !! Thats all down to yourself and the new regime general !!!

me too 4 tickets for the holte wife daughter and son up from devon 7 hours round trip not as bad as yours

looking forward to a cracking atmosphere full house and seeing villa turning over the kitstealers

With the current influx of migrants it might be possible to increase a fan base by looking into expanding support. I know a few migrants who see the Villa, and a few more that look into setting up trips for non local football fans (not necc. Villa fans...you see my point???).

Maybe it is something to look into, especially with the possibilities available in increasing international reputation, and fan base/links.

Obviously there is much happening at Villa Park, and priorities need to be in order but maybe this is a way to increase and reach capacity?

General...over to you! And the rest of you opinionated sirs ;)

When the rumour first surfaced linking Radoslaw Matusiak to Villa my first thought was that if he was good enough to command a regular first team place it could potentially add thousands of Polish supporters to the Villa attendance.

I have done some work recently on the integration of eastern europeans into local education and I was astounded to learn the number of Poles who have moved into the West Midlands in the past couple of years. They have a very good work ethic and are here with the intention of staying. It seems a shame that Matusiak didn't want to come to Villa for a trial as he could well have become a beacon for a whole new section of our community.

Buying a player solely for ethnic reasons is never the best policy, but if a player was available and good enough it would be very astute business.