General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Does not make it a bad idea though!

If MBNA wont do it I bet others would

I love it that you post here just love it, cant see any other Club in the country with this sort of access to a board memeber.

General,

I believe that as part of the successful bid to bring the olympics to London in 2012, Villa Park was nominated to host matches in the football tournament. Can you confirm........

1. If this is correct? and if yes........

2. Is the ground capacity to be increased for the event?

3. Will we be receiving government funding towards the improvements?

4. Are there any provisional plans in place?

Cheers

General,

I believe that as part of the successful bid to bring the olympics to London in 2012, Villa Park was nominated to host matches in the football tournament. Can you confirm........

1. If this is correct? and if yes........

2. Is the ground capacity to be increased for the event?

3. Will we be receiving government funding towards the improvements?

4. Are there any provisional plans in place?

Cheers

Excellent points, especially the government funding. IF they can give lottery funding to some lesian arts group then help toa club that is to be used for the Olynpics is justifiable.

Also, I see that Franz Beckenbeaur has stated that England is the ONLY choie for the 2018 World Cup. VIlla Park it seems will be a busy place for national teams!

General, love the story about your father's enterprising way to reach the height requirements to join the USN, having a grandfather who served in Burma with the Gurkas against the Japanese in WW2 and another in the desert against the Germans in WW2 (though they've both sadly passed away now) it's always good to hear such stories about old soldiers. And your dad, now 94, sound slike a real fighter!! God be with him.

General Krulak here:

1. I am no where near convinced that we cannot compete for the Premiership title in the time frame we have discussed. We have a strong young team...getting stronger with every game and every new player. Other teams are slowly aging...have not taken the youth move we have. Don't sell us short.

2. I need to do some research on the Olympic issue...it sounds very good.

Also, I see that Franz Beckenbeaur has stated that England is the ONLY choie for the 2018 World Cup. VIlla Park it seems will be a busy place for national teams!

Actually. i know that this and the olympics is a long way off. But. if we was to host these events would it be possible to get Season ticket holders first refusal on tickets?

Actually. i know that this and the olympics is a long way off. But. if we was to host these events would it be possible to get Season ticket holders first refusal on tickets?

Absolutely no chance! If every club did that there would be about 8 tickets left for the rest of the World after the touts had got their hands on them and they would probably be for North Korea v Togo.

England would have got the 2006 World Cup if we hadnt made an agreement for them to get that if they allowed us Euro 96, worst kept secret ever, not sure if the FA can do anything without cocking it up.

As far as I know we don't get any funding for the ground because of the Olympics, remember that it is only a under 23 tournament. Not much to get excited about really.

Hi General, this is a silly question really but I know that we can now get Cleveland Browns Shirts at Villa Village but is there any chance we could also get a baseball cap there (not as much money as a shirt and a little way of showing our support for the Browns/Villa thing) :notworthy:

General, I don't think for one minute this would be viable , but is it possible to set up and run a Heli pad at VP.

Then would it be viable to organise regular flights from Ireland to North Wales as there once was and then on to Villa Park and back.

No silly question

General Krulak here

1. This may come as a shock but I don't play golf. I have probably been on a golf course twice in my life.

2. Age of squad was my observation...but one that is not too difficult to understand when you are around Martin and Randy. The sense you get is a "long term" view of the Club...not going out and buying lads who only have a year or two left in their legs...but who are young and "hungry" and yet to fulfill their total potentiaL.

3. Let me talk to Randy about the ball caps.

General,

It has been brought to our attention that you have posted on another site that there will be no more signings this window. Is this true?

As it stands the business we have done is great and there is no point signing players for the sake of it and 3 points tonight are more important.

Thanks!

General Krulak here:

1. My comment was basically that things do not look like we are going to sign anyone else...it is, obviously, between Randy and Martin but the key is "right player" and "available." You hit the nail on the head, no need to buy someone who is not what we need.

General

I have been suspecting for some time now that you are a fine upstanding gent

However the fact that you do not play golf has now confirmed this to me.

Many is the time I have been standing amongst a group of golf bores longing for a machine gun

General, I think considering how notoriously difficult it is to sign quality players in Jan, you guys have done very well to get the players in you have.

Summer time is when the major rebuild should take place and providing we have a decent second half to the season I am sure the real quality players ( Keane, Barton, Bent, SWP etc) could then be lured to Villa Park.

General Krulak here:

As I have mentioned about 10 times on this site, I take ALL comments in the spirit given. I do NOT view a nice word as arse kissing...likewise I don't look at some comment about us "slow to buy" (like we saw two weeks ago) as ass-kicking! I know it may seem strange but...I take every comment in the spirit intended. If I miss the "meaning", well, shame on me.