General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy all

First of all it's great to see such positive things happening at the Villa, and I am enjoying the season so far in comparison to last season!

Just a couple of things to mention though about the Watford game (not the game itself, but pregame). Had to work most the morning so made a mad trip to get back in time and assumed It would be easy enough to get some cash from somewhere at Villa park. Was surprised to see that there was no cash machine and the Villa shop would not give cash back on purchases (contrary to what I was told by information).

Took a walk to a local shop but there cash machine had no cash (the irony!) so ended up walking quite some way to find a cash point machine.

Was then queueing to get a beer (whilst a mate was queueing for food) and I was last in the queue, and had queued for about 5 minutes. A member of staff then came up to me and told me that they were no longer serving beer. Managed to persuade him to let me get served but it would have been better if he has just told new people trying to get served that it was closed.

Are there plans to get some cash machines in or around Villa park? It would have saved me a lot of hassle and I would have got in much quicker (hence no problems getting a beer!).

Also, one must note that Villa's PR machine is so poor it is unbelievable. Whereas we can talk to David Gold whenever we want (and he always returns our calls), the best we can do with Villa is try to contract a "media executive" who, for what ever reason, is rarely available and hardly ever returns calls. When Ellis was running Villa, there was always a negativity surrounding the place and, for better or worse, the newspaper coverage merely reflected this.

I am hoping that Villa's attitude to their own PR will change now that professional and successful people are running the club.

General,

The above is a quote from a local journalist who joined the forum recently. A sore point for Villa fans in the past has been the supposedly negative attitude of the local press towards Villa, and a seeming bias towards Birmingham City (I don't like to call them that, prefer small heath alliance). Anyway, he gave the above as an explanation, and while we would not expect things to change overnight, and I suspect changes have already taken place, it is perhaps something to take on board.

Hi General

Noticed an amusing story on Sky Sports News last night that a potential spy plane was spotted over the Manchester United training ground.

Rather funny I though but completely ridiculous. I mean it's not as if anyone connected to another premier league football club would have the possibility of accessing anything like a spy plane is it eh General?

Anyway why use planes when satellites are much more covert!

Hi General

I know it's old news now but as Baros has openly admitted that Mouriniho tapped him up after the Villa v Chelsea game , can we make a formal complaint to the FA. Chelsea are already on dangerous ground tapping up players from other clubs and it's time they were stopped , after all if we don't act , imagine next season after we've just spanked them 3-0 to win the title and he try's to tap up Ashley Young

Before your team Villa were charged by the FA for tapping up a player who didn't even join us , so precedent has already been set in this regard

General, I have noticed even for th big attendances how much the beer queues have gone down. Even in the lower Holte one which used to be impossible, you can now easily get a beer.

well done for implemnting a new system

Here, here. In the upper Holte it's quicker than I ever thought it could be.

I drink coffee and sit in the Upper Trinity.

The service is fair to crap -- especially if you're in a hurry before kick off - the staff certainly aren't in a hurry, they don't seem to be aware that there's a match on.

Same at half time -- maybe you get what you pay for in terms of staff enthusiasm..........still a Doug £llis run off problem I hope !

I've given up trying to get food / drink at half time in the Upper Witton as things are so damn tight in the concourse, you can't move when there's a bigish crowd at the game.

Now I just send my Dad :lol:

Hi General,

I know that there has been a lot of discussion regarding the renaming of the Ellis Stand.

Maybe instead it could be considered to rename the North Stand when its rebuilt to "The Ron Saunders Stand"

Also at the same time maybe move out the away fans from that stand to the bottom of the Ellis stand (IMO it would be better to have Villa fans behind each goal)

Putting extra away support in the Ellis stand has been done for cup games so I'm sure the logistics could be sorted out.

What do you think General ? Also any news on its development ?

Up The Villa

General Krulak here:

1. Standing. The answer given was correct, it is against the law. We have no choice but to obey the law or suffer some significant consequences.

2. Ticketing. As I have mentioned many times before, ticketing, prices, "deals", options, etc. etc. are ALL being looked at by the leadership at Villa Park. We know we need to do something in this area and will be taking action. As you can imagine, there are many "unintended consequences" from some of the actions we might take...so we have to really think through what we do.

3. Steam Cleaning was done over a two week period. I can absolutely see the improvement.

4. Carew as a Marine. Let me tell you, this guy is really big!!! Of course I am only 5'6" so most people look big to me BUT, this guy is huge. I would hate to get in his way as he drives towards the goal.

5. Underwear. You all are not going to get me in trouble again. I mentioned "thongs" and it makes headlines....my wife ready to rip my lips off. No way am I going there again.

6. Cash Machines. Let me take that one to Villa Park and see what we can do.

7. Media. As you know by now, Richard has met with media and Randy will meet in February. The simple fact is that we will never satisfy the media...they will want more and more. Randy's view is simple: Let our actions speak for us...on the pitch, in the community, in the UK. We aren't trying to hide anything nor are we being illusive. We have been totally upfront from the beginning. EVERYONE knows that Randy is not big on publicity...so he will keep a low profile and let his actions speak.

8. Platini's Plan will not impact us when we win the Premiership.

Hi General, popped into Villa Village today to get "Carew 10" printed on my home shirt. Whilst i was in the shop I noticed that there was a selection of 'pre-printed' name and number home shirts available for sale. I thought it was a good idea, however they were priced at £60. Now a home shirt from Villa Village costs £40 on its own, if you add name and numbers then you're looking to pay anywhere from £7 to about £15 (for a name like Agbonlahor) Although I agree that having pre printed shirts on sale is a good idea, I can't see many people buying them for £60 (especially the Baros ones that were on the pegs!)

last home shirt i got was the 200/04 "rover" one, with a players name, nunber, badge, etc...

that cost me around £60...

last one i bought too, cos the quality was rubbish...

got retro shirts now, until we get a decent manufacturer...