General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General K

On Saturday me and my son got up at 6am had our breakfast and left the house at 7am for the long journey down to Villa Park. We arrived at the car park for 1.30 , had a bite to eat , wandered round the shop, and just enjoyed the sunshine. We also took the opportunity to take some nice pictures in the sun. Our seats in the upper trinity were perfect , we didnt have to queue for long to get drinks either. The last time we came down the upper trinity was half empty, this time it was full !! Cracking atmosphere , and there was singing up there as well !! We enjoyed the game tremendously, really happy to see some new faces, with my son being a closet celtic fan he was a little dissapointed not to see wee shaun but there will be other times. We left at full time and started the long trip up to scotland. We got home at eleven,,,,,, knackered !! 650 miles , almost 16 hours and a truckload of fuel and coffee !!!!

General my point is this Sir,,, when I have made this horrible trip before , Ive always wondered why when I get home.

This time I got home and I started making plans for my next visit !!!!!!

Once again I salute you, and I thank Randy, and all at Villa Park for bringing happiness back to our team.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General sir,

I thought you'd might appreciate a report from my week-end trip down from Oslo to see the boys entertain West Ham. Needless to say I had a great time, however the trip turned out even better than I'd dreamt it could be.

I booked my trip only two weeks ago while listening to the Watford game on VillaWorld. Too late, I thought, to join the Norwegian Supporter's club, who I knew had a planned a trip up to Bodymoor Heath and a tour of Villa Park. Ah well, I thought, I'll just spend friday sightseeing around Birmingham. Luckily, I bumped into a couple of the guys from the AVSCN in the airport and they invited me along. Before I knew it, I was at Villa's training ground waiting for the players to show up for training.

I soon forgot all about the players though, when a certain American pulled up in his car. We waved and cheered, and out stepped the most down to earth billionaire you could imagine. His t-shirt not even tucked properly in like he'd just got out of bed, mr Randy Lerner greeted thirty crazy Norwegians like he was one of us. I got to shake his hand and thank him, and he was more than happy to pose for photos for everyone. I was stunned by how real this man really appeared, and you could tell how he thouroughly enjoys being a part of Aston Villa. A couple of the guys from the AVSCN had arranged a meeting with Martin O'Neill, and returned full of praise for the manager as well. According to them, a fantastic character.

We then made our way in to Villa Park for a nice lunch at the Corner Flag and an interesting tour of the stadium. I thought the tour guide was a top man, and the old fellow made no effort to hide how pleased he was with Ellis being gone and Randy taking over. He also said he expected there to be an announcement regarding the North Stand in the near future, however he made it very clear that was only an educated guess and that he had no inside information. Then the club gave us a special discount in the Villa Shop, a fine gesture I think appreciating the effort put in to come all the way from Norway to support the club.

On saturday I got to the stadium early, having walked from the hotel to get a feel of the local area surrounding Villa Park. The weather was excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Villa News&Record on the steps of the Holte End. I presume everyone know all about the game by now, but I must say the atmosphere was fantastic and seeing as this was my first win at Villa Park in five attempts, I've never felt better being a Villa fan. Obviously, having a Norwegian player whom I've followed since he was a mere kid scoring the winner contributed to that feeling of pride I had walking through Aston Park on my way home.

This club is going places, General sir, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to the man I had the honour of shaking hands with on friday for making it all possible. The whole trip was such a fantastic success for me personally, I wish I could do it every week-end. Hopefully I'll be back in April for more of the same.

Up the Villa!

Fantastic post Michelsen, great to hear things like this about the club.

How about putting it up on the front page?

Cheers, Paddy, believe me the club deserves every bit of praise it can get. Though I'm sure you're well aware of that already.

If the mods would put my post on the front page, that would be great.

General Krulak here:

I just got off the phone with Randy...and I passed on these two great posts. He was VERY pleased! He remembered the incident at Bodymoor Heath...and said to tell you that he got more out of meeting the fans than visa versa. He cracked up about the t-shirt comment. Like I have been telling you all, Randy is DOWN TO EARTH!! What you see is what you get...and you will see good things. He is a very good man.

Thanks for both posts....they made my day!!

General Krulak here:

I just got off the phone with Randy...and I passed on these two great posts. He was VERY pleased! He remembered the incident at Bodymoor Heath...and said to tell you that he got more out of meeting the fans than visa versa. He cracked up about the t-shirt comment. Like I have been telling you all, Randy is DOWN TO EARTH!! What you see is what you get...and you will see good things. He is a very good man.

Thanks for both posts....they made my day!!

That is excellent General, I'm glad Randy appreciated it as well.

That really made my day.

And to Joey, about the photos I'll see what I can do. I'm not too learned in the art of linking camera to computer to web. I'm sure there'll be somthing on www.villans.no , though.

General Krulak,

I noticed a few posts back that you mentioned something about being stuck in the U.S. watching the match on the internet.

If you or Randy ever find yourself in that unfortunate predicament in the future and yearn for a bit more than a spotty internet broadcast, please feel free to come join the New York Villans, an AVSC, at Nevada Smiths in the East Village. We are out in force for all the fixtures and are quite possibly one of the most loyal, passionate group of fans you are likely to meet.

I know it's a long shot/big ask, but hey, if you don't ask......

General, may have been raised before but please could you confirm (or reconfirm) if the club has any plans for a celebration/party/get together etc etc etc for the silver anniversary of our European Cup win?

General, Do you follow the thread about "New Kit Suggestions"? There is a shirt on there that I think would be a very good design for Villa...on side 11. It has a modern design and I love it...

What are the talks around this issue at Villa Park?

General, do the board have any plans to re-locate the away supporters. I have firmly believed that for a good few years it has given the away teams an advantage with them being located behind the witton goal. Many other teams seem to give the away support an area either to the side of the goal or up in the gods. I think villa fans behind both goals would increase an already fabulous atmosphere and give us the home advantage we should have, making villa park a true fortress. Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated.

General, do the board have any plans to re-locate the away supporters. I have firmly believed that for a good few years it has given the away teams an advantage with them being located behind the witton goal. Many other teams seem to give the away support an area either to the side of the goal or up in the gods. I think villa fans behind both goals would increase an already fabulous atmosphere and give us the home advantage we should have, making villa park a true fortress. Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated.

Absolutely - away fans should sit in the Witton Lane Stand ( Doug £llis) - then we can get surround sound support :-)

Also am I right in thinking he is also part of the Browns coaching staff?

Jim's not a coach. He's kind of a consultant to the team and mentor to the players. His exact role isn't really all that well defined...except for the fact that he's the best running back to ever play the game and played his entire career for the Cleveland Browns.

While I'm here, one of the local TV stations was trying to start a rumor that Randy was selling the Browns. He's categorically denied that to another station. A little bit of background: this station had the contract to cover Browns pre-season games. They are also basically the sensationalist sewer of the local media. When Randy's 5 year old niece was killed in an accident, they grossly violated the family's privacy and implied all sorts of shady modell about the incident. Randy bought out the contract and refuses to have anything to do with them. So of course they have a badly inflamed hemmorhoid about him and the Browns.

This station is the local CBS affiliate. CBS is the network that embarrased itself in 2004 by running a story featuring some memos about President Bush's National Guard service that turned out to be quite obvious forgeries.

One of their "reasons" for speculation was the amount of money Randy is spending on your team.

Hi General

I just wanted to say that I have been confused by some of the attendance figures so far this year. But I think the West Ham game showed (West Ham are not a big club - please can I avoid any Rafa type criticism though) that if we have some players that excite people, and the games have some relevance (which they all will when we are challenging) that the fans will come.

A couple more players and a higher league position will see a full Villa Park every week. I think so far people have still needed convincing.

You may have noticed a thread on this site relating to possible songs to sing about Carew. My personal vote in strongly in the Vindaloo camp. Please can you ask he DJ to play Vindaloo by Fat Les at some time in the next home game as I am sure this would kick people off into what will be one of the best player chants in the league.

Thank you

Hello General!

I've never posted in here before, so here goes. There is a thread elsewhere (as has been mentioned in a post previous to this one) for new kit designs, so a few fans have been slapping together some designs and posting them on the site. I decided to have a crack and well... a lot of people seem to like it!

:oops:

cokevilla.jpg

Obviously the Coke sponsorship was just thrown in there to fill up some space! Do you think the new Villa regime would let the fans have some input on designing the Villa shirt...??? Quite a lot of fans on the thread do seem to like this one and say that they'd buy it!!! :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. We are absolutely going to have a 25th Anniversary Celebration. It will be announced soon and will be VERY special. It will not just be a one day event...it will include a couple of days and some special events.

2. We are absolutely working on a plan to shift the away fans from behind the goals. It will be done.

3. Cannot go into the thought of a new kit. Just let things play out and you will be happy.

4. Randy will be speaking to media very soon. He will describe his vision for the Club, talk about MON and the Team and discuss a bit about why he will not be "visible" to the Press...at least to the degree they would like. "Measure me by my actions, not by my words."

5. E_rocc hit the nail on the head re. Jim Brown.

Watching the two guys who have taken over Liverpool just makes me realise how lucky we are to have a chairman who hasnt bought the club to get himself into the limelight or in front of cameras but to just enjoy football !!!!!!!

General,

Having read several posts (as above) about the Liverpool takeover today, do you know George Gillett and Tom Hicks and are they a threat to our charge for the Premiership title next season? :D

In addition to this, hearing about their new stadium plans and having been to the Emirates Stadium on the first day and Old Trafford this season, do you think Villa Park can still compete as a first class arena? In the next 5 to 10 years can we upgrade Villa Park enough or do you think we may have to relocate?