General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

Milenko27:

You give me the date and I will see if we can work something out. And, by the way, your English is better than mine!! I keep screwing it up with some of my comments.

Don't worry General, get the team to win every game and it won't matter if it's a draw or tie :D

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Gareth Barry called up for the full England Squad in friendly vs. Spain. Great news.

2. Gabby, Gary Cahill and Ashley called up for the U21 England Squad in friendly vs. Spain.

3. Says alot about the direction the Club is moving...especially the youth that we have and will have for years to come. Great news for the Lads.

Agree! It has been to long since I saw that many players from Villa be included in national teams! It is lovely and as you say...it shows the direction the club is moving.

We all cant thank you enough for what you have accomplished at Villa Park in such a short time and I am very excited to see what will happen to the club I love when you´ve been here for a longer period. It is good times ahead for AVFC!

General Krulak here:

1. Gareth Barry called up for the full England Squad in friendly vs. Spain. Great news.

2. Gabby, Gary Cahill and Ashley called up for the U21 England Squad in friendly vs. Spain.

3. Says alot about the direction the Club is moving...especially the youth that we have and will have for years to come. Great news for the Lads.

is this the way that martin o'neill has indicated he wants to build his squad?

with young british talent?

possibly supplimented by the odd big name foreign player...

if so, then that would be fantastic....

i think this way of building a squad would gain the respect of many a fan across the country...

General Krulak here:

I would never claim to know what is in MON's head when it comes to players. What I do know is that he is a very good evaluator of talent and that he puts a premium on playing "guts ball." He likes players who are selfless and he can count on for 90 minutes of total effort. I think he has confidence in his ability to develop the right strategy for each game and just wants the players who will execute his game plan...and put it all on the Pitch.

I am not sure when the results of the survey will come out...I really am not. I will look into it.

I have been going to the Villa since 1988 and never have I been so happy and excited,, with regards the badge I am very proud of the fact we have won the Champions Cup especially when it was for Champions, but I think the star seems a bit of a cheap gimmicky idea. If eveyone has voted for a star, does it have to go on the badge, maybe the sleeve or the back of the collar. The badge should represent who we are now and what we are about, not what we once did

Small teams look back, big teams look forward.

Whatever happens with the badge, Thank you for all you've done. I just think that the management can change the team can change but the badge should stay the same, I wore it when we we poor and now i'll wear it when we are good.

I'm not too keen on seeing the star above the badge for league games and such but I am definitely in favour of seeing it above the badge when we are back playing in the Champions League as a sort of symbol to say "We've won this before and we're back where we belong!" Haha.

Dea General,

I was just looking back at some of the old pictures of the old trinity road stand, and was looking at some of the pictures of the old murial that used to sit above the stand. I was just wandering if there was some way you could bring it back to the stadium? It was a nice touch, and represents the past. Just a thought

Cheers.

General Krulak here:

1. I will look into the mural...see if Randy would be interested. He loves tradition.

2. 3 points was good!! As you think through the game, we obviously still have a way to go...no pollyannas here. At the same time, we played remarkably well for 70+ minutes and our new lads did very well...which helped some of our other players. Carew is an animal!!! I'd take him into battle anyday!!

Who would our equivalent of Jim Brown be?

Charlie Aitken? Brian Little?

Paul McGrath maybe?

Whoever your all time best is I guess....Jim Brown is considered by many to be the greatest American Football player of all time. We haven't won anything since he retired.

Quite probably Billy Walker then

General, I read somewhere that the Browns are more or less named after Jim Brown so on that alone he has got to have been pretty special, is there any truth to the story? I agree with you that Big John Carew is a beast, but would you fight him?

I guess at Villa the equivalent would be the likes of Archie Hunter, Joe Bache, Harry Hampton, Frank Barson or Billy Walker.