General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General

Have the club considered a promotion to support designated drivers, i take it in turns to drive with 3 others (help the environment an all that) and today was charged £3 for a coke in the holte suite after paying £2 to be in there. Coca Cola are doing a promotion in selected bars at the moment where you buy 1 coke and get 2 free. Given that drink driving seems to increase during the xmas period and that the cost of a pint at villa is well above the national average would this be something the club would be prepared to get involved in.

oh and a cracking win today

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General:-

I sit in the Lower Holte as a season ticket holder, last season myself and my mates was able to sit and have a beer at half time in the Holte Suite and in turn made it a brilliant atmosphere.

This season they have done away with letting the supporters go in there and the atmosphere hasnt been half as good. and all gets bunched up at half time against the doors to the place

Any reason why they have closed the Holte Suite at Half Time? It would be brilliant to reopen it.

Hi General:-....Any reason why they have closed the Holte Suite at Half Time? It would be brilliant to reopen it.

"They" haven't, it's still open. You have to go in and out via the side entrance on the Trinity road side of the lower Holte concourse.

Bizarrely, the council said the fire exits in the centre couldn't be opened as they were last season. So a place with open fire exits is harder to get out of than one with closed fire exits!

General, please address the on-line match coverage for those of us on another continent. I spent the entire match looking for a live feed. I would gladly pay an increased fee for AVTV if it could include the matches. Please. No video. Only stats. With all respect, Jack Woodward has the ability to talk for 90 minutes and mention the match action only a few times. It's half-time vs Bolton and I am so frustrated it's a struggle to keep this message respectful. Please. Give us video feed of the matches. Even if it's a delay. I'll gladly pay any reasonable increase in the fee for AVTV

Totally agree with this general.

The match commentaries are very poor. I too have turned to live streams recently as i just have no idea what is going on half the time when listening to Jack Woodward's commentary. Very poor service for those who just cant get to games.. :(

And just would like to add my best wishes to you and your father. I believe life is a journey with many stops, our sojourn here being just one brief enlightening experience..

General,

Walking to the Holte yesterday, and cant help but notice (again) how amazing the mosaic is at the top of the holte end! I know its a long time since it was put up, but i still think its every bit as impressive each time i see it!

What i did notice however was the steps up to the holte end. They look very dirty now general and seem to have got worse lately. Just a pointer!

UptheVilla!

Good to see you Saturday General and things are certainly taking shape on and off the pitch just a quick question the Hamburg tickets are being sold for 24 pounds yet on the ticket printed 20 euro's now I know sterling is dropping but didn't realise it had dropped that much :winkold: Any reason why they are being sold at more than the Price on the Ticket ?

General Krulak here:

1. DomWren: Yes, we are currently seeking to align ourselves with a Youth League in the US...perhaps more than one. We are currently looking at the Concord Soccer Association which has teams in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, etc.

2. Holte Doors...you can get in as you have read. The main doors are designated fire doors and we must control them. We are seeking to solve this by putting in new doors on the side.

3. Bouma is coming along fine.

4. I will "comment" on the commentary and see if we can do better.

5. Yes, the mosaic is beautiful. I am surprised fans have not noticed that we have begun to put stain glass windows up in that area too. Take a walk along the Trinity side of the Holte End and look up on the side...you will see the window. The steps will be sorted this summer.

6. MYSTERYMAN: I have no idea...but I will check.

7. Great time in UK. A nice visit with the Supporter's Group...good folks. The game was a big win...we needed the 3 points and their importance was made obvious by the rest of the results. Bolton came in with great momentum and the first goal and near second one had me worried. Then Gabby's brillant run and perfect feed....and a left-footed goal! I thought the lads played hard and the victory was deserved. I visited the lower Holte with Paul Faulkner and the fans were in good voice. Sorry that only 35,000+ attended as they missed a good game.

Evening General Sir

Great game, but yeah the 35,000 was disappointing. I think its a sign of the current economic climate and the fact that Christmas is approaching as well.

At least I hope that is the case, otherwise people should be ashamed of themselves.

See you in Hamburg?

Gen, any news on buses/coaches for the Boxing Day game i mentioned a few wks back, only i know a few other people from burton on trent area that are also struggling, i know it was a long shot from day 1 when i mentioned it, but if there are buses we can relax n have a drink before...

Gen

Great result against Bolton and a great individual performance from Gabby. It seems Ash is taking most the credit in the media - but I gotta say, Saturday was the best centre forwards display I have seen since Dion Dublin was here - the guy is improving every single game.

Onto my point. I keep reading "shame only 35000 saw it" both on here, and on other threads. I am sure you are aware, but comments like this are very upsetting to the people who just can't afford to come to every game. Maybe its better to say thanks for those who are coming, rather than shame to those whocan't. We all know it wasn;t meant bad, so please don't take this wrong.

I have dealt with many, many people recently who are having marriage break ups due to the financial strains on the whole world, made one million times worse at this time of year when you have to buy childrens presents - and you know you can't afford them.

I was absolutely slated the other week for daring to say that players picking up 50,000 pounds per week had bottled it - please do not slate fans who get paid £6.20 per hour for deciding to spend there only spare cash on their children and not the Villa.

I am one of the lucky ones - I can afford it - but just coz I can, doesn't mean everybody can !.

There is a good old saying "you can't get blood out of a stone"

Also,

With regards to the steps. When you say sorted - in what way, justcleaned, or redone.

Personally I think they should be either painted claret - which wouldn't show the dirt - or even better, red brick tiles placed on them so it matches the rest of the stand.

General Krulak here:

1. DomWren: Yes, we are currently seeking to align ourselves with a Youth League in the US...perhaps more than one. We are currently looking at the Concord Soccer Association which has teams in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, etc.

General, I have been involved with youth soccer for 10 years here at the highest level (esp in the southeast). If i can be of ANY help to those making those decisions please pm me.

In addition, Does the club have an Nike designer alloted to them?

If so is it possible to contact that person. Nike have been chosen to outfit our entire high school athletic program, and want to specifially target the soccer team. I would love to get his expertise on some questions.

cheers

Dom

General can you please endeavour to get these holte suite doors sorted asap? I was bemused to discover they were shut on the opening day of the season and very quickly learned why and discovered the club were to put new ones in. That was many months ago though, if you sit on the other side of the holte like me it is a nightmare getting over to the trinity side. Thanks Giddy

General Krulak here:

1. Coaches for boxing day: I do not think this is going to happen.

2. paulanddonya: You missed my point or I articulated my point poorly: I was sad that only 35,000+ people were at the game because I thought it was such a good game to watch from the stands. I was NOT busting on Fans for not showing up. Believe me, I do realize what the economy is doing to the Fan...it is having an impact on ALL of us. My point was simple...it was a shame that only 35,000+ fans had a chance to see Gabby point to where he wanted the ball, receive a pass that covered half the pitch, only to put it right where Gabby asked for it and to have Gabby volley it in with his left foot. A classic. No intent to bust on our fans...believe me.

General ,

Very impressed last night with Hamburg's ground and despite a poor showing the whole experience of these European trips is just well fantastic the party in the pub was unbelievable . If we ever get to a Final you have to view it , the band in the pub even played Ghostriders in the Sky bought the house down .

Thank you to all for giving us European football back forgot how good these trips are .

Hi General,

I have a non-Villa question for you this time, if you wouldn't mind answering...

I'm quite interested in the Vietnam war and I wanted to hear your thoughts on the idea that there may still be American POWs in Vietnam today? Does this have any truth to it or is it just a myth?

Thank you!

Hi General,

I'm new to the forum, I'm not an Aston Villa fan...YET :D hahaha

I just want to say much respect to you for coming on here and answering fans questions, I want to say I hope Randy Lerner and The Board at Villa Park keep the good work and you keep progressing in terms of the premier league and in Europe

Hope to hear from you soon Sir :)

General,

There's a banner ad on the Official Site advertising the West Brom game as the 10th December 2009. It should read January I think.

I'm hoping we're rid of them by then!

click here to see

Also General, is there any truth in the stories in the press today that the coin thrower from the Portsmouth game has now turned himself in?

and a ticket question too General...The Official Site says

On sale to all season card holders or supporters who have been to 12 or more away fixtures in 2007-08 or 2008-9 season combined.

But we're not sure if that means "season ticket holders or supporters who have been to 12 or more games" or "Season ticket holders, or supporters who have been to 12 or more games." Erm...essentially, we're not sure if season ticket holders need to have been to 12 games or none.

A couple of people have called the ticket office to find out and have been given both answers as correct.

Could you ask Nicola Keyes to clear it up for us please?