General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Sorry Gen but I must stick up for myself - when MON was interviewed yesterday on both Sky and The BBC - now they are two vastly respected organisations, and in the BBC, an organisation that is recognised for its quality all around the word.

First question asked on both "Well Martin, was that a case of Villa choking ?"

Now if people don't believe it - why ask ??

Did you honestly expect him to say anything else? Is he going to admit to us being bottlers?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ricardomeister

While not agreeing with paulanddonya that we choked yesterday (for me it was partly we were not good enough on the day, and partly no variation in personnel or tactics), or accepting that everyone agrees with him, he has as much right to voice his concerns (which I know is shared by quite a few others) without arrogant posts telling the General to ignore him! I am sure General, that you have your own views and you welcome criticism in the same way as you do compliments.

Sorry but i couldnt disagree more with paulanddonya, yes it was frustrating but we played well enough to win and on another day if Sidwell scored in the first half we win by 2 or 3. After middlesborough MON said that we have to make sure that if 'we cant win it, make sure we dont lose it' which we did.

Fulham defended well and if paulanddonya thinks that criticizing the manager to the General will stop us from having frustrating results in the best league in the world then he is sadly he is mistaken.

I couldnt be happier with Villa at the moment... lets keep it up

That's enough banter about the game thanks folks. Please take the discussion to the existing threads elsewhere on the board.

As per the posting guidelines this thread is for questions / suggestions to the general and not for banter between fans.

General Krulak here:

1. Let's talk the game first...yes, I was disappointed. I certainly thought we had the better of it and it could have easily been 3-nil in favour of Villa. I do not agree with paulanddonya...I just don't. This result was not a matter of "choking." When we had our chances, it wasn't as if our lads "whiffed" at the ball or couldn't pull the trigger. They took their chances and the ball just didn't end up in the back of the net. We played hard and we didn't give up...I do not see a choke. NOW, do I wish we would win these types of games? ABSOLUTELY! Was this a golden opportunity for us? Absolutely! As for the comment, "recognize it and address it, we will get better"....do you really believe that MON cannot see what is taking place on the Pitch?? It always amazes me that someone can post a comment that basically says that MON is not watching the same game as they are watching...or that MON should have substituted...or that MON should have changed tactics...etc. etc. MON is our Manager and a damn good one at that. Thinking that we know more than MON or that we see things that he doesn't is just foolish. Remember, this is a man who has his own two eyes, he has coaches with him who talk to him, etc. etc. I would venture to say that he knows what he is doing and we should trust him. As for "addressing it" (whatever "it" is), I am sure many have ideas as to how to do that...just remember, MON is the Manager and has the total support of Randy and the Board. He has demonstrated his quality and we all need to support him. Go back several pages...I wrote that we had a way to go...that we will have our high points and low points. I meant it. We know where we need to go and we know how to get there....give us a chance.

2. Aston Villa B'ham...not to worry. Cookbook on line?? If it is not there now, I doubt if it will be going there later.

3. I will be off the net for a few days....on a business trip to Austin Texas.

Gen-

raised a few feathers I think. But read this comment which I am so chuffed about (in a strange way)

It is frustrating that we seem to let ourselves down against so-called middle table teams or lower table teams."

Not my comment, but the comment of Curtis Davies - so it seems not only do some fans think what I think - but the players do as well - which is a good thing !

So , my question was basically , when are the players gonna recognise it, coz when they recognise it, we can do something about it, the alcoholic admitting the problem thing.

Well, It seems that the players do recognise it - and therefore we can now work at solving it.

I will say this Gen, I've interacted with you on this for 2 yrs, and some personal messages, but, you always say you like to hear the goods and the bads as long as they are not personal or rude - well, it gets my goat when you put a "bad" on here only to be shot down by about 100 people saying "how dare you say something negative to the Gen".

Up the Villa

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: First off, I do take the "good, bad, and ugly"...and do so without a problem. Remember back to this summer transfer season...I would say that got pretty "ugly" at times. I think your "error" was saying that our lads "choked"...Curtis Davies was not saying they "choked"...not at all. "Choking" means something entirely different than what Davies was talking about. Barry didn't choke when the ball bounced all over the place but didn't go in. Laursen and Friedl didn't "choke" in the game. MON and the Coaches didn't choke in the game. EVERYONE is frustrated over the outcome of the game BUT, there is NO ONE in the dressing room that thinks we choked.

2. On my way to airport.

Hi General,

Randy has been in charge for 2 and half years now (if I'm not mistaken) and I am just wondering how he feels it has gone. Is he happy with the progress the club has made on and off the pitch? Is there any area in which he is disappointed, or would like the club to improve? Is he more optimistic about Villa's future now than when he took over? How has the 5 year plan altered, or is it still on track?

Regards

villa89

Hi General,

What are your thoughts on Mike Whitby's idea to change our name to 'Aston Villa Birmingham'?

And will the Villa Cookbook be made available from the online store?

Thanks!

Think you can buy the cookbook from the acorns website mate.

Any chance we can brick the corners of the Holte in at the end of the season? Or maybe just add more of those plastic sheets that are there already. It would enclose the stand and make the atmosphere a lot better as thats where a lot of the noise is lost

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from a Board Meeting in Austin and then a meeting with the Obama Transition Team where I met a ManU fan....not good to argue after a transition meeting!!!

2. Villa89: Interesting you should ask that question because Randy and I had a fairly long discussion today about Villa. In a nutshell, Randy is very pleased with the Club. He is proud of MON and the coaches and physios and grounds people at Bodymoor Heath...he is proud of the folks at Villa Park...he is proud of the youth squads, the reserves and the first team and he is VERY proud of the fans and how they support the team. Each day brings a deeper respect for the ethos of the Aston Villa Football Club and the committment to keep that ethos alive. Passion is not too mild a word when it comes to Randy's feeling for the Club and passion for the game.

2. blackcountryvilla: We are looking at closing in the corners...but not something we would do until we completely evaluated the entire renovation effort for the Stadium.

3. Yes, we will have enough programmes.

General Krulak here:

Interesting you should ask that question because Randy and I had a fairly long discussion today about Villa. In a nutshell, Randy is very pleased with the Club. He is proud of MON and the coaches and physios and grounds people at Bodymoor Heath...he is proud of the folks at Villa Park...he is proud of the youth squads, the reserves and the first team and he is VERY proud of the fans and how they support the team. Each day brings a deeper respect for the ethos of the Aston Villa Football Club and the committment to keep that ethos alive. Passion is not too mild a word when it comes to Randy's feeling for the Club and passion for the game.

i would just like to say that im proud of the villa as well, we have come so far since the randy revolution, thanks!