General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Please thank the genius who organised the coach trip to Hamburg. Whilst it was hard work to sit there for 17 hours, I still had a great experience and couldn't beat supporting my team away in Europe. On the back of today's Round of 32 draw, I am extremely interested in trying to get to Moscow, the issue with Moscow though is that it is in Russia - a country that is not easy or cheap to get to.

This brings me to my point. On the back of the success from the coaches, will the club be looking at offering fans a reduced price travel package that aids the supporter and means we will likely get a better crowd in Moscow than we could expect. Now I'm not thinking that we should coach it there - I would be the last person willing to do that - but I would hope that there is a lower cost alternative to the "travel with the team and stay in 4 star luxury" that is normally offered as that will likely be as expensive as it can get for this trip. I would happily stay in someone's shed if it meant I was there!

I have had a quick look at pricing it up to get there and we are already looking at £200+ for flights which obviously doesn't include your visa and accomodation costs. My thoughts are that if the interest is there, the club can organise a trip at reduced costs for everyone and the team can be roared on to victory with it.

Looking forward to your response.

Up the Villa, pat Nathan Delfouneso on the back for me.

Jon

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I will pose the question to Nicky but...why don't you just call ticketing and ask for 1) Nicky Keye or 2) Nicola Salt. Either one will give you the correct answer.

2. Big John: He will be back and we do not see a need for surgery. We are taking it slowly because we know we want him at 100% when he does come back.

3. Big debate over POW's in VietNam. Most of the POW's I know feel that they have all come home.

4. Fozz82; You definitely NEED to become a Villa Fan!!! Stick with this forum and you will discover we have the most passionate fans in the world.

what a great way to go into Xmas General

Have a great time with your family

I guess it will be difficult for Randy to come over for boxing day !!

hope the TV will be fine !!!

I don't like the big flag but many others do so will it be out for Arse ?

General Krulak here:

1. Solid win today...I thought Brad was easy MOTM. We still have a long season ahead but today's result was an important one. Well done to MON and the lads. I have always believed that you make your luck!!!!

2. Don't count us out on boxing day!!!!! In person beats the TV!!

Hi General

Fozz here again

The Villa bug keeps digging it's deeper and refuses to let go, I got to say, brilliant win against West Ham today, MON and the team are in the form of there lives and a top 4 finish is a real possibility, hopefully MON and the boys will keep up there hard work and amazing form

Anyway, what I wanted to know Sir, I read somewhere that Lord Sebastian Coe had said Villa might be able to get access to funding to extend Villa Park in time for the Olympic Football Tournament in 2012, is this true, and if so, Would Randy Lerner and the board seriously consider extending Villa Park?

Once again, your response is greatly aprreciated

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously if funding were available to "extend" Villa Park we would look very closely at the offer. There will be many rumours flying around as we get closer to the date...we all should just wait to see what sort of "official" move is made. Certainly one of the considerations would be the "control" over the end state of Villa Park. The ethos and tradition of the stadium must remain.

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously if funding were available to "extend" Villa Park we would look very closely at the offer. There will be many rumours flying around as we get closer to the date...we all should just wait to see what sort of "official" move is made. Certainly one of the considerations would be the "control" over the end state of Villa Park. The ethos and tradition of the stadium must remain.

Hi General,

Comments like this is why I love this club so much. Can I just raise two examples of clubs who have moved to new stadiums recently - Man City and Arsenal. I've been to both stadiums, and the lack of atmosphere was deafening (like my oxymoron?). It seems that by moving to a new place, fans were unsure of where the real heart of the stadium should lie, and as such (initially anyway) the more vocal sections of supporters were separated and the atmosphere was not what it once was.

Now obviously in both cases each club felt they could fill new, bigger stadiums, which is undoubtedly good for business in the long-term, but particularly in Arsenal's case (since Man City were practically given their ground), their manager now refuses to spend big money because they owe a lot of money for the new ground. In their case, a lack of money (hence signings) + less atmosphere on match days = not the success Arsenal were used to in recent history.

Now I don't know the ins and outs of whether or not Arsenal explored all possibilities over stadium expansion before moving, and I obviously don't know the advantages and disadvantages of the finances of such a move, but I know that their board, like most teams' boards, are not as caring and sensible as the Aston Villa board. And it feels good to leave our stadium's future in such responsible hands.

Thanks to everyone who made us third at Xmas. Hope it is good an Xmas present to you as it is to me.

General,

Please thank the genius who organised the coach trip to Hamburg. Whilst it was hard work to sit there for 17 hours, I still had a great experience and couldn't beat supporting my team away in Europe. On the back of today's Round of 32 draw, I am extremely interested in trying to get to Moscow, the issue with Moscow though is that it is in Russia - a country that is not easy or cheap to get to.

This brings me to my point. On the back of the success from the coaches, will the club be looking at offering fans a reduced price travel package that aids the supporter and means we will likely get a better crowd in Moscow than we could expect. Now I'm not thinking that we should coach it there - I would be the last person willing to do that - but I would hope that there is a lower cost alternative to the "travel with the team and stay in 4 star luxury" that is normally offered as that will likely be as expensive as it can get for this trip. I would happily stay in someone's shed if it meant I was there!

I have had a quick look at pricing it up to get there and we are already looking at £200+ for flights which obviously doesn't include your visa and accomodation costs. My thoughts are that if the interest is there, the club can organise a trip at reduced costs for everyone and the team can be roared on to victory with it.

Looking forward to your response.

Up the Villa, pat Nathan Delfouneso on the back for me.

Jon

Hi General,

I think you may have missed this question I posted on your recent visits. Hope you don't mind me bringing it your attention again.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family (especially your father), Randy and everyone else at Villa Park.

Up the Villa, here's to three points to top Christmas off on Friday.

Jon

Hi General,

Just wondered if you ever looked at this thread, or whether the club keeps similar stats to look at. They make very enjoyable reading I'm sure you'd agree, particularly the 'results against same opposition' table.

Anyway the question I wanted to ask is whether we're on course for the 5 year plan? I'm not asking you to spell it out, give details or anything like that, just interested to know if we're on course (if it even exists, I can't remember who it was talking about it in the beginning).

General Krulak here:

1. Tubby: One of the big problems we face in the travel arena is that we are not a travel agency and time/money/energy expended in that arena is really not a worthwhile investment. We basically do what all other Clubs do...we charter out this effort. I doubt seriously if we are going to subsidize travel packages for Moscow....like everyone else, we are under the economy crunch too. This is probably not the best time to subsidize packages as we scramble to meet the requirements of pay, etc. for the Club. We WILL try to get the best deal for our Fans but I don't think we will be subsidizing travel.

2. Can we win the league: I have never done anything in my life where I didn't believe I could be a winner...or my troops. So my answer is obvious....yes. At the same time, I am a realist and have always said we still have a long way to go. We are not even 1/2 way into this season. We have a superb Manager, a very supportive owner, great coaches, top notch facilities, a strong team and passionate fans...that normally results in success. BUT, how much success is dependent on many things...lack of injuries, lack of red cards, a wee bit of luck, some stumbling by other clubs and our Lads putting it together at critical times. Whether this means winning the league...I really don't know. What I do know is that our Team will fight hard and will go into each game believing in themselves.

3. paddy: Yes, I think we are on course with the 5 year plan. There are areas where we are ahead of schedule and some where we might be a tad behind...but, for the most part, we are on track. I hope you are feeling well and that you have a great Christmas and a wonderful and healthy New Year. And yes, the thread is very informative.

Best wishes for the holidays General!

And pass on the well wishes and a hearty thank you to all at the club, Villa just keep looking better and better. It's just fantastic for Villa to be involved and properly competing in the big matches once again.

It's been a long time coming but I now BELIEVE that Villa are going to challenge for the league - this season might be too soon for the team but it's brilliant that a long term strategy is clearly evident with the way we're going about things.

Love it!

I hope you are feeling well and that you have a great Christmas and a wonderful and healthy New Year.

Thanks General. I hope you and your family, your father inparticular, have an equally successful and healthy one.

Good afternoon General,

I had an idea and I know you're the man to ask, so here it is...

I am a wrestling figure collector ( :oops: ) and on a wrestling figure forum I use, they have a link with the company Jakks Pacific, who make wrestling figures and every so often, a bunch of guys who work on the wrestling figure line at Jakks will come onto the forum and they will answer everyone's questions for about an hour or two

So that got me thinking, would this be possible with Villa players / staff? for example, maybe Martin Laursen could come onto this forum and he could spend some time answering questions, then maybe the next month, somebody else could come on here and do the same.

Thanks for reading!

General Krulak here:

1. Where are we behind schedule: I think a good example of where we are not where we want to be is something as simple as moving forward, faster, on the museum. It is taking us longer than we thought to move from the archiving stage to the "production" stage.

2. villaajax: There has been discussion about having players or staff come on the official site and answer questions but it has not been done for several reasons: 1) The time involved to be answering questions "live" would be difficult to manage. 2) to answer questions that were not 'live" would probably also not be a good use of time. 3) the type of questions would eventually get to the areas that would not be right to answer...transfer window questions as an example. I guess you all will just have to put up with me.

3. Yesterday I was on the espn web site looking at the Premiership. Normally you always have to wade through ads on ManU or Chelsea kits. Yesterday I went to the site and immediately an ad for Villa home and away kits came up!!! What a day!!! Believe me, this was a big deal on a yank web site.