General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any games coming up in the near future where the club are thinking abut laying on free travel as a gesture to the away fans? I see Bolton are laying on free travel to VP on Saturday which will probably double their following and they've already laid them on for Boro and Sunderland away this season.

I see we've taken the small allocation for Hull away, if we'd laid on free travel we'd have taken the full 3000 and given the team more backing. It would be good for say Portsmouth away, night game, on tv and in January, we would take the full 2500 with free travel, without it we'll probably take 1500

General Krulak here:

1. Free transportation: I am not sure when/if we will be doing that again in the near future. With the amount of "need" we have at the Club right now, we must be smart about how we spend money. My sense is that when the time is "right", Randy will again pull the trigger.

I understand this, but Bolton do it regularly and last season they did it three times which cost them £81000...however; they got 5 points from the 3 games they paid for travel expenses, keeping them up and bagging them an extra £3.75m in league places - fan support is essential and perhaps it may be something to look in to for the future? I know you shouldn't really be doing it due to recession and keeping all profits etc, and I'm not saying every game or every other game. Maybe once or twice a season to the games that you think we may get the lowest attendance from Villa fans at, i.e. Portsmouth away on the Tuesday in new year, or Man City away on the Wednesday in new year coming up?

Just a thought

Regards, hope all is well

Bolton are doing free travel again this season for their forthcoming games at Boro' and Sunderland. I agree it would be a good idea for midweek away games at Pompey or Man City, that way we would get the full 2500 at Pompey and the full 3000 at Man City rather than a half empty away end

2. We DO recognize the importance of away fans...Arsenal was a great example. The away fans at that game were fantastic. At the same time, we need to be judicious with our funds. The price tag on the trip to Chelsea was a good deal more than 81,000 pounds...and, as a reminder, 81,000 pounds is really about $160,000 dollars US. We just need to be careful about how we spend our funds...to ensure that we get the most bang for our buck.

You have a short memory BCV :winkold:

Are there any games coming up in the near future where the club are thinking abut laying on free travel as a gesture to the away fans? I see Bolton are laying on free travel to VP on Saturday which will probably double their following and they've already laid them on for Boro and Sunderland away this season.

I see we've taken the small allocation for Hull away, if we'd laid on free travel we'd have taken the full 3000 and given the team more backing. It would be good for say Portsmouth away, night game, on tv and in January, we would take the full 2500 with free travel, without it we'll probably take 1500

I've already mentioned this

General,

Do Villa have any connection with youth soccer clubs in America?

Chelsea are involved with CASL (NC)

AS Monaco are inolved with Chicago Magic (IL)

And Manchester United have now affiliated with the biggest club in the Country, the Dallas Texans (TX)

If not, are there any plans to affiliate ourselves with any youth clubs to develop the best American talent for Villa?

Cheers

Dom

And Bolton won those two away games quite convincingly, 1-3 and 1-4!!

Maybe it's something that could be discussed and considered, General?

And Bolton won those two away games quite convincingly, 1-3 and 1-4!!

Maybe it's something that could be discussed and considered, General?

I believe the General has answered similar requests recently along the lines of targeting money elsewhere at the current time.

The recession doesn't just hit the fans, it hits the club too and we need a striker, it's not rocket science. What the club has done for ticket prices for some of the games this season has been great but can't expect to get freebies all the time. We are not Bolton and that's why we are where we are in the league. There are clubs who wont be spending in January, be glad that we won't be one of those i say.

BCV, ever thought of ringing the ticket office to ask your seemingly endless list of questions about tickets? I'm sure they'd have most of the answers.

I don't trust a word that comes out of the ticket office. When i email ticketsales@avfc.co.uk i don't get a reply either

General Krulak here:

1. Blackcountryvilla: OUCH!!! I am starting with your comment because I disagree vehemently!! I think the ticket office is the finest in the Premiership and the survey done last year agrees. Nicky Keye and her people are extremely caring and responsive to the fans. Whenever I have a question, I do just what I recommend you do...I call the ticket office. I do NOT have special access....I have to wait my time as everyone else...BUT, when I get them on the line, my questions are answered and answered faithfully. I do NOT agree with you...I think we have a great group of people at the ticket office. How many other ticket offices in the Premiership serve coffee to people standing in line to get cup tickets on a cold B'ham day?? YOUR ticket office does.

2. I just got back from California and seeing my father. He is slowly going down hill but truly appreciated (as I do) all the kind wishes from the Villa Family.

3. I am on my way to B'ham tomorrow...will be there for the Bolton Game and the Supporter's Group Meeting.

4. I hope I never have to follow another Villa game by e-mail!!!!! I almost went crazy over the Everton game...from the ultimate high in the first 60 seconds to a huge low in the 92 minute and then...a magnificent high again!!! I know it must have been tough to watch and/or listen to but...try getting it by e-mail in California!!!!!

5. We continue to try to get as much allocation as possible. We are not turning tickets away.

6. Free transportation: I think I have addressed this one before. Yes, we are always looking at the possibility and yes, we know how important the away fans are. At the same time, we need to be very forward-thinking about finances. We need to stay ahead of the crisis that is hitting us...or at least be smart about what we are doing.

Hi General,

Could you please speak to the head of consumer sales and ask them to take the extra 900 hull city away tickets that we are entitled to please, as i'm 100% positive that we would sell out so it's most likely that we would be missing out on sales, booking fees etc. if we didn't accept the extra allocation.

Anyway, thats just one small gripe and as i like to take the positives out of thngs i would just like to thank you, randy and everyone involved in running our great club what a brilliant job you're doing, you've thought up some fantastic ideas that gave aston villa football club the breath of fresh air that it needed