General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. hobbo: I passed this on to Randy a while back...great job by a real fan.

2. VAT: We are currently looking hard at the VAT issue. We have already made the decision to reduce the price on our merchadise to return the savings back to the Fans. Tickets are a tougher issue for many reasons. We will be putting word out after more discussions. Again, we will be taking immediate action on merchadise.

3. Band of Brothers: Simply put, a superb series that depicts war very realistically. What I liked about it was that it showed warfare at the "grunt" level...what the infantryman sees when things are tough.

4. Ticket sales: We expect some 37K this weekend. Hamburg sales have been around 700.

General,

I believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving over there in the new world.

Villa fans don't celebrate Thanksgiving, it's just not something we do.

We do celebrate being fourth in the table, above Arsenal and there on merit. We celebrate that we have a team full of young talented players being given their footballing education's by a bright, witty, knowledgeable, talented coach.

We also celebrate that we're owned and run by a man who believes in most of the same things we believe in about this game and who's given us the hope that comes from knowing that the success we're starting to enjoy is built on a solid foundation

We celebrate that we're represented as a club in the way we'd like to be represented; by a man who puts us first and who's main interest isn't in self promotion.

We celebrate the fact that we have unprecedented access to the people that run our club and that our ideas and grumbles are listened to and acted upon. (Even if we sometimes forget our manners in presenting them.)

We celebrate the Villa renaissance with real optimism for the future.

Villa fans don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

But then we've rarely had so much to be thankful for.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you.

as stated before General, we celebrate Thanksgiving on July 4th:) ...and we havent forgotten about all that tea you ruined in Boston Harbour..the invoice is on its way tomorrow (to claim the full 17.5% VAT before Monday, of course!)

Seriously, having spent many great years living and working in Portland, Oregon - i know how important this day/weekend is..hope you have a wonderful weekend - i hope your family are all there, your Dad is in good spirits and the turkey is not too dry (oh and Detroit dont win in the live annual NFL game...why always Detroit at Thanksgiving??!)

Thanks for everything you, Randy and the whole team have done for Aston Villa Football Club - Have a lovely and peaceful Thanksgiving

General,

Unsure if you can sort this one out, but I've just been on net trying to find out about transport for going to the Villa on boxing day, we normally go on the train, but according to central tranis they're not in service at all on boxing day, i've emailed arriva buses they've not replied yet, i'll be going from Cannock that day as my parents live that way on and i'll be there for xmas day/nite then boxing day. Is there anyway of finding out if Villa can put anything on at all? Obviously not F.O.C. Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not by anyone else or even the Villa site, I can't get on it whilst at work, and haven't been on it for a few days at home.....

General Krulak here:

1. OutbyEaster and roger_moore: Thank you for your kind words. Out byEaster...I have sent your post on to Randy because I know it will mean a good deal to him. He desires to "fly under the radar" but I think your comments will truly mean something to him...even if he keeps it to himself.

2. chief_hughesey: I will have to look into this. Obviously the solution would be a difficult one because we have fans all over the UK...not sure if we "put something on" where we would concentrate.

Hi General,

Just to add to chief_hughesey's point - we also travel from Cannock and usually use public transport to get to matches. I would much rather put some money back into Villa than central trains - so if there was a bus service from the Cannock area, there would definately be 2 more customers for you!!

Hello General,

It is my dad's 40 birthday on the 30th of December but unfortunately my mum has been ill since August and has not been able to plan anything. We are currently season ticket holders in the north stand and would like to arrange a treat of some kind involving Villa.

Could you suggest who to contact? It would be great if we could organize something special as he has been a great support to my mum.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Redrosevillain.

RedRoseVillain:

1. My recommendation would be to call Alison Plant at Hospitality and see if she can suggest something for you. Obviously the key is simple do you want to have something on the 30th itself? Perhaps a nice meal and a tour of grounds? See what she thinks.

General, just to say that the stewards were very busy today ejecting people for smoking in the upper Holte. People were getting complacent and starting to smoke on the concourses which they have been getting away with recently. Couldn't understand why some were so shocked at being ejected.

Gen

I raised this point around 6 weeks ago and boy has it proved to be correct. You may not like the accusation, but I wonder if the club are going to address it, and if so, how.

When we are "underdogs" or playing catch up - we are brilliant, play openly, play with invention and passion.

However, for the past 5 yrs, put pressure on us, make us the favourite, put a bit of "we must win this" into the game and we, frankly "bottle it", everytime we have done it, and have done for about 5 seasons now.

I noticed MON said "We didn't choke - we just didn't take our chances", well, sorry but he is wrong. I can see it, the rest of our fans can see it, and the rest of football can see it.

If we recognise this, and address it - we will be stronger and get to our aim.

If we don't recognise we have a problem - then we will go nowhere.

I put this, because you were a military man, you know the importance of this more than anyone. You must know it HAS to be addressed, and if MON doesn't - he is blind.

Sorry, buit it is so frustrating seeing it there for us, and everytime to fall at the last hurdle, Newcastle, Boro, Fulham (won't count Stoke, they just played well).

As Arsenal have proved today, we had the chance, we blew it - the chance will probably not come again.

I noticed MON said "We didn't choke - we just didn't take our chances", well, sorry but he is wrong. I can see it, the rest of our fans can see it, .

Don't go around speaking for the rest of our fans. Your speaking for yourself mate and I think your talking bollocks so you definately are not speaking for me.

Mon was right. We didn't win yesterday because we didn't score having had three glorious chances. You seriously think Barry and Sidwell missed their chances because they choked due to us being 4th in the table. Get a grip ffs.

Sorry Gen but I must stick up for myself - when MON was interviewed yesterday on both Sky and The BBC - now they are two vastly respected organisations, and in the BBC, an organisation that is recognised for its quality all around the word.

First question asked on both "Well Martin, was that a case of Villa choking ?"

Now if people don't believe it - why ask ??