General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General, rumour has it there may be a new Villa park built, is it true? Or are they possibly expanding the stadium filling the corners of the stands etc? Are we holding the 2012 olympics there?

Sorry if the questions seem daft, and dont worry about answering them if it is something that does not need mentioning yet, if at all?

General Krulak here:

1. LJM: Will do.

2. ClaretMahoney: Contact Nicky Keye at AVFC and she will help sort this out.

3. Villa84: As I have said before, we are looking at some major renovations to Villa Park but they will be done in stages and they will be done with our history and ethos firmly in mind. We are not aiming at a specific date for completion...and, obviously, the economy will impact on what we do. We do not want to become another Club with huge debt.

4. The Game: What a remarkable, exciting, game. I thought our Lads played their hearts out and, if truth be told, we were the better team on the Pitch. I confess to being a wee bit worried when we went down 0-2 but even then I felt we had something special going. If you were a dispassionate observer, I think you would conclude that Villa was the better team. What made me feel particularly good was that we just never quit!! We knew the importance of the game and we just didn't quit. Kudos go to the players of course but....thank God for MON and his coaches...they really had the lads up for this one. I tried to think of who I would give MOTM to but I honestly think I would give it to the entire Squad. At one time or another, each lad stepped up and made a HUGE contribution. I would have loved 3 points but I will take the 1 and the caliber of play!! Well done lads. A special mention to our Fans...their effort was HUGE also!! Thank you so much. :hooray:

General Krulak here:

1. LJM: Will do.

2. ClaretMahoney: Contact Nicky Keye at AVFC and she will help sort this out.

3. Villa84: As I have said before, we are looking at some major renovations to Villa Park but they will be done in stages and they will be done with our history and ethos firmly in mind. We are not aiming at a specific date for completion...and, obviously, the economy will impact on what we do. We do not want to become another Club with huge debt.

4. The Game: What a remarkable, exciting, game. I thought our Lads played their hearts out and, if truth be told, we were the better team on the Pitch. I confess to being a wee bit worried when we went down 0-2 but even then I felt we had something special going. If you were a dispassionate observer, I think you would conclude that Villa was the better team. What made me feel particularly good was that we just never quit!! We knew the importance of the game and we just didn't quit. Kudos go to the players of course but....thank God for MON and his coaches...they really had the lads up for this one. I tried to think of who I would give MOTM to but I honestly think I would give it to the entire Squad. At one time or another, each lad stepped up and made a HUGE contribution. I would have loved 3 points but I will take the 1 and the caliber of play!! Well done lads. A special mention to our Fans...their effort was HUGE also!! Thank you so much. :hooray:

Spot on analysis GK a very good performance and maybe unlucky not to win, our spirit and desire tonight showed how as a club we have changed and thats all down to Randy MON and people like yourself, long may it continue!

UTV!

General Krulak here:

1. dont_do_it_doug: My father is not doing well...although I was able to make him understand that Villa had a great game today. He's an old man and is prepared to meet his maker. He will go with grace and with dignity...which is all I can ask.

Charles, my thoughts are with you and the Brute. If it is his time, then that is the way it has to be I guess. I wish I could speak to you in person, try and make it a bit easier but I guess it doesn't work like that.

No words can express, you know? Good luck. Friend.

general, i've been putting off posting on here because i just didn't know how to say how grateful i am to you all for what you have done for this club. in an age where most clubs are being owned and run by souless people who will up sticks and leave once they get bored...what is happening at villa park is beyond refreshing.

so all i can say is this:

THANK YOU.

Great game yesterday and it highlight how much we missed John Carew and Martin Laursen. I have seen 8 fans round me leaving at 89 minutes and I told them to stay there, but they miss the last minute goal in injury time. Never understand them.

Happy New Year to you and Randy. I hope we will have a powerful target man coming next week :)

I alway felt we do better with manager who have passion for the club :)

General Krulak here:

Cheers dude. :)

General, was a wee bit drunk last night. Hope my words don't come across condescending or cheap, wasn't my intention.

I have a 'normal' question for you - if we make it back into Europe next year, will the reserves not return home? If not, is there no chance of a renewed deal with Walsall? I miss them!

General, not sure if this is outside your remit but is there any chance the club could ask the players to donate wages to help out Acorns? I've read today that they need to get £2mill together in the next couple of months to stay afloat, surely the players/staff would be able to pull at least some of this money together? Could be a great opportunity for further good press for the club. (Not that media coverage is anywhere near as important as helping out the children of the hospice)

General, not sure if this is outside your remit but is there any chance the club could ask the players to donate wages to help out Acorns? I've read today that they need to get £2mill together in the next couple of months to stay afloat, surely the players/staff would be able to pull at least some of this money together? Could be a great opportunity for further good press for the club. (Not that media coverage is anywhere near as important as helping out the children of the hospice)

ASS-U-ME You don't know that they don't already. Have you donated John?

Hi General, hope you had a great Christmas.

I got the "Villa on a plate" book for Christmas and it's really interesting to read about what the players and staff like to eat, but I was disappointed that you are not in this book, so my question today is:

What is your favorite meal or dessert?

Thanks!

ASS-U-ME You don't know that they don't already. Have you donated John?

I know I don't, and if they have then absolutely fair play to them, I just figured it might be something for the club to look into. As for donating myself, I am currently £50 short on my next rent cheque so I have no expendable income whatsoever at the moment. Believe me, if I had any cash to spare I would be on the Acorns website in a heartbeat.

Hi General,

Just a quick question here..

Cause I'm from Moscow myself, although now living in Swindon and have Season Ticket for 2008/2009, I've been in touch with unofficial Villa fan club in Russia for last couple of years. Now, when Villa drew CSKA in UEFA cup, obviously the guys in Russia want to support Villa when we play away, and want to be in Villa sector in stadium in Moscow.

I'm going to game myself, will it be possible that I buy tickets for all of them here in UK, I can pay for all in one transaction (they can transfer money to my UK bank account) and I can get all details needed for European Ticket application form from each of them (except flight details of course, because they're in Moscow), so the tickets are either delivered to my UK address or I collect them at Villa Park, and then I will bring them with me, when I go to the game in Moscow?

I expect there would be 10-20 of them, and I'm sure under no circumstances tickets will go to home fans.

What would be the best way to organize it all, what sort of info I need to get from guys from fan club in Russia, and whom I'd better contact regarding this question?

Thanks a lot for your help!