General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. v1per999: I went on the Board myself and could not find the offensive material...thank you for giving me a better idea of where to go. We will work this issue.

Its inb the funny picture thread.

Its a link to an external site with the offending picture.

Not really age appropriate I guess but not exactly as described.

Hi General, in view of Nigel Kennedy's brillaint offer to Villa fans can I suggest that you invite him before a match at VP to play a tune on his violin as the players run out. Would be a unique thing and he is a true Villa fan as for 4 years I used to sit 2 rows in front of him in the holte upper and he is truely one of us.

On Nigel Kennedy, he really is a top bloke General. Sat by him at Arsenal a few seasons ago and spoke to him. He has time for anyone who says hello and really loves the Villa. As for the Ryder Cup, its looking good for your lot at the moment. Still a long way to go though General.

General ,

Just spoke to one of my mates on Sid Cowans 50th in Cork a few of the old players over there and Paul McGrath and Eamonn Deacy just turned up in the boozer . Its got me thinking is there any chance we could get them pair in for a game at all Eamonn is hilarious and really good bloke .

General Krulak here:

1. Good win today...3 points away after a very long week of travel and games is a great result. I am very proud of MON and the lads...they have professionally down their job and done it well. We have another big week facing us...we just need to continue to focus on one game at a time. The away fans were great today...thank you!!

2. Here are the estimates of attendence of upcoming games...as of Friday: QPR: 25,000; Sunderland: 40,000+; VLitex: 28,000. Obviously we will probably see the numberrs change before kickoff but that is what we are trending towards right now.

hi general,

thanks for the quick reply its on the message board villa chat poster is bengook just take a look at that whole thread its full of things that should not be allowed. once again thankyou for ur quick reply.

I've spoken to the mods on there and the problem is that you need Firefox on the forums as IE doesn't work properly with it. So deleting is a problem, its not Geoff Colemans fault but those who produce the site.

well its weird how as soon as I mention this to the general that you actually see mods deleting and doing there job either way thanks general there seems to be real progress being made on the official site. thanks for your swift action u are a man of the people!!!!!!

Hi General. Just wanted your thoughts on the surprise win for my Dolphins against the Pats? Would you put it down to a bad day at the office for the Pats or is there more to it than that? I hope it's a turning point for the Phins but i'm not going to get ahead of myself there, things are still very much so a work in progess but still extremely delighted with our performance!

The Browns continue to struggle this season, i know it's only 3 games of the season, but if results carry on in the same form do you think people will start calling for Brady Quinn in a couple of weeks? Changing QB's does not always provide answers, look at the Chiefs for instance, but it's the way media and fans seem to go whenever a team starts badly.

Great win for Villa yesterday too, been a fantastic week of football, both this side and the other side of the pond!

General Krulak here:

1. We are constantly looking to bring in the legends from the past. We will continue to do so.

2. Browns: Beginning to look bad for us. We have a good offensive line, defensive line should be strong, got some good draft picks and great free agents. Not sure what is wrong but...we do have problems. It will not be long before the calls for Brady are heard.

3. Patriots aren't that bad....Dolphins are not that good. Loss of Tom Brady is HUGE.

Gen

For you - not the club - what competion are you looking to do best in. I know the corporate line is "we will take every game the same" - but if you could win one competition this season - which one ?.

For me - it will, until we do it - be the FA Cup. In my time (37yrs old). I've seen us relegated, promoted, win the league, win the European Cup (CL), win the league cup, get to an FA Cup Final - but no FA Cup win !!

Also, looking at that ridiculous Reading goal yesterday - how close are we to getting goal line technoligy, or video replays in football - surely it has to come.

And lastly, I'd like to say USA were lucky - but they weren't really were they - I'm not into golf but even I coud see Europes supposedly top players let us down !!

Hi General long time reader of the thread I am just having one of them moments when I am so proud to be a Villa fan and would like to say what a FANTASTIC job everyone at the club seems to be doing and long may it continue.

Are you Villa till you die now General? :D

General Krulak here:

2. Browns: Beginning to look bad for us. We have a good offensive line, defensive line should be strong, got some good draft picks and great free agents. Not sure what is wrong but...we do have problems. It will not be long before the calls for Brady are heard.

Brady please :) Is there huge supporter pressure in Cleveland then? Not good for Derek Anderson...

General

I am a long time lurker and a first time poster to your thread. After reading about Luke's appeal for Acorns at Home on the official site, I had to write.

Earlier this year I was made redundant from my job in financial services. The current turmoil means that there are few opportunities at my level and the short term is very worrying. Tonight my wife and I were discussing how bad things might get, after watching a couple of rather bleak documentaries on the outlook for UK Plc.

Then I looked at the official site and read about the appeal. I saw the picture of Martin Laursen holding Luke Webster, the little boy with a life limiting illness, and I thanked God for my health, the health of my wife, and the health of my children. That image has brought a tear to my eye this evening, and of course a rather large dose of perspective.

Thanks to you, to Randy and to the club for the amazing work that you do at our football club and for reminding me in particular that no matter how bad things can look sometimes, good health is a gift that we should all cherish.

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: Your first question is somewhat unfair...not because I am a Director of the Club because my answer will not be given as a Director but as a fan. It is unfair because of my lack of time in and around the game. I've been a big fan for about 6 years and most of those years have been in the UK and watching the Premiership. I would probably, based on this as background, like to see us do two things. The first would be to win the Premiership...this requires excellence over a season...a very hard thing to accomplish. Then, after winning the Premiership and making Europe, I would love to repeat the '82 feat. Pretty darn greedy aren't I?? At the end of the day, I want us to play hard every game and put everything on the line...I want our players to come off the Pitch spent...but with their heads high and full of spirit. If we can do this...every game...we will win "my dream" and yours...the FA Cup. It will happen...we will see the day...we just need to continue to believe. Yes, I think we will go to goal line technology. It will not detract from the game. When it happens is a different question. The Ryder Cup? After all the grief I have taken over the years from my friends across the pond, I am happy.

2. villapow: Much of what appears on these sites become the rationale for action by the Club. That is one of the key reasons I am on the site...to communicate.

3. villaajax: I know Randy liked it...no word from MON. He is probably watching tape of a game right now.

4. spacehead: Great post. You sure put life into perspective.....well done.