General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

I know Villa don't actively seek publicity but a UK National Radio Station , Radio 5 Live , is broadcasting live from Acorns hospital this coming Thursday from 6am , just wondered if it's something the club are aware of , and if not whether or not they wanted to try and get in touch with BBC and use it to tell the country about the why they became involved and so forth and help raise awareness of Acorns and indeed the club into the bargain

General Krulak here:

1. UK National Radio Station and acorns: As you noted, your Club does not seek publicity. This broadcast is obviously for acorns...and that is really what is important. If the folks at acorns want us to participate, we will but we certainly want the entire focus to be on the children and on what acorns does for these young people.

2. I cannot say much about the testimonial. That will be something that will be decided by MON and the Club. As a Director, I would not think it would be good for me to get involved in that aspect of the Club.

Hi General..

Any chance we can make another donation to the Acorns charity?

I think a 4m donation in the form of Marlon Harewood would be a nice gesture to Acorns and especially Villa fans!

I'm sure they could find a good position for him...unlike us!

Mark..:)

General, has football become a game for girls? Twice tonight QPR have kicked the ball out of play and we have given it them back. WHY??? The ref never stopped the game, why should we give it back? The ref can't do anything about it if we don't, after all if the injury is that bad the ref would stop the game anyway. But to give it back with 2 mins to go, when your team is losing 1-0 and YOUR supporters have paid up to £20 and for what? Do the players not care? It seems that Carew does not, we were shouting to Gardner not to give it them back, he threw it to Carew, fair play. Carew then gave it back to them. Seems like football is not a game for men anymore . When I see things like that I want my £20 back, I could have stayed home and spent the money on my little boy!!!

Fortunatly I'm in surgery next Thursday, until tonight I was thinking I was unlucky but I've got my season ticket for my mate, he can suffer instead of me.....

Sunderland Saturday, I'll be there tho.

One last thing, I will never go to another League Cup game, if we can't take it seriously, why enter it in the 1st place????

General this morning BBC radio 5 live is transmiting from Acorns I am sure the interest has been generated by the great gesture from Villa, and again makes me very proud to be a Villa fan. When visiting there web site (acorn) I noticed they had some very nice Christmas cards would it be possible to sell these at the Villa shops?

General this morning BBC radio 5 live is transmiting from Acorns I am sure the interest has been generated by the great gesture from Villa, and again makes me very proud to be a Villa fan. When visiting there web site (acorn) I noticed they had some very nice Christmas cards would it be possible to sell these at the Villa shops?

listened to the programme today on the way to work General and makes you feel very humble and NRC when interviewed came over so well.

yes last night was disappointing but there is a life outside football and through NRC's interview and also the Xmas launch earlier this week we are showing that football is only part of the community but a part which can have an enormous amount to do.

BBC Link

Hi General..

Firstly can i say how proud I am of Villa on (apart from last night lol) and off the pitch. I was just wondering why the club or any other club doesnt sell alco-pops in the kiosks within the stadium? It is a question my sister regularly asks me and I just wondered if you had the answer.

General Krulak here:

1. GUTTED!!!!

2. Unfortunately, I will not be at Sunderland game...to see us get back on the winning track.

3. Robulas: I am not sure how to answer your question. The "courtesy" of Football is pretty well established. The players on the field appear to know when to respond in a proper manner to an injury and when not to. I will not second guess what transpired...I have to leave these decisions to the players and the Manager. We have got very competitive lads and a very competitive Manager...but they also do what they feel is the right thing to do. I must say I applaud the concept of "doing the right thing."

4. alco-pops: I will see if I can get an answer to this question.

Gen

Fantastic last night, been worth the wait..... not the game - The Holte End Clock works :D

Last night, I think the word frustrating comes to mind - it wasn't that we didn't play well, we had about 25 shots, just that killer instinct again, I really hope we solve this in Jan. as it will come back to haunt us - we have failed to kill off Spurs and WBA (although they were fantastic results it has to be said) and had nery endings, last night, it caught up with us - go get a goal poacher !!.

On last night, a friend asked me to giev you a suggestion which I think is a great one. Why do the refreshment kiosks not open after the match, just for things like Tea, Coffee etc...

Last night, it finished at 10pm, I , and a lot of others have a two hour drive home and after 2 hrs of shouting was gasping for a drink.All I could get was a can of coke that I didn't really want from a kiosk outside. If the stalls just opened for say the 15 mins after, you could have a drink, let the traffic die down and go.

Hi General,

Just to let you know I have made a little tribute to Ashley Young and AVFC in general. It's a re-take on Alphaville's - Forever Young. If you get the chance forward it on. Hopefully you will hear renditions of it in the stands in the future.

General Krulak here:

1. We are looking at over 40,000 vs. Sunderland and over 25,000 for V Litex.

2. Sounds like a good idea to keep kiosks open...I will check into it. Probably part of the issue will be the cost of keeping them open.

3. kidlewis: Nice job!!! Seriously, it was very well done. Did you do the vocals? Who wrote it?

General Krulak here:

3. kidlewis: Nice job!!! Seriously, it was very well done. Did you do the vocals? Who wrote it?

The Original song is by Alphaville. But i re-wrote the lyrics for Villa and also played in the piano, strings and did the vocals myself. It's only one take so could do a much much better version.

Glad you like it General and thank you for your kind words.

Just wanted to offer up some feedback on the stewards from yesterdays game against Sunderland. A fight broke out between several people in the middle of the lower holte and 5 Rows from the back. This incident lasted for the best part of 10 mins and not one single steward came to attend. A lot of people got involved trying to diffuse the situation which could have escalated. It is very annoying when stewards are very forward in combating people smoking or standing up, yet when a serious situation occurs it is ignored.

General Krulak here:

1. Very nice win. It was a game we needed to win and we did just that. The last minutes were far more enjoyable due to the "possession arrow" in our direction. I thought MON had the lads ready to play and they worked very hard. Petrov was very strong.

2. Don_Baker: I will raise your issue with our Security folks....not good.