General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hiya General. Just a wee note on the general availablilty of the new strip in my area. I live in stirling in scotland, arguably the 4th biggest city in scotland, here you can buy all the big 4 strips plus all the scottish tops and yep i even found a newcastle top ,,, but,, even in the Nike outlet store not a sign of a villa top anywhere.

Just goes to show you can make massive strides in very little time but it is still a big job to do.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. tubby: Browns tickets are hard to come by. If you really want to go to a game, let me know and I will see what I can do to make sure you have a ticket.

2. kerms: Thanks for the info. I will pass it on. VERY frustrating to still have difficulties in distribution.

General Krulak here:

1. tubby: Browns tickets are hard to come by. If you really want to go to a game, let me know and I will see what I can do to make sure you have a ticket.

Thanks General, I didn't expect a response like that. I can't see myself getting over there this season and possibly not for next either, but it is something I would love to do one day. I'm sure you will be around in a few years when everything is in place for me to make it and if you don't mind I will take you up on that favour then :)

Your grace is overwhelming, thank you again.

BTW General,,, having just got back from my little deployment to Kings Bay,, my heart goes out to the people who are bracing themselves for a very bad storm season,, we were caught in Fay and it wasnt nice at all. I wish them good luck.

Hya Gen

Can I point you to a youtube link - go onto you tube and just put in the search

"Song for John Carew" - then watch, marvel and laugh at the bloke !!

Genious - it'll give you a chuckle.

And have you seen Fever Pitch yet - I will keep asking until you watch it !!

I hate International breaks - it's like the world has ended !!

See you soon

I was just wondering if there are any plans to increase the capacity of Villa Park following the higher attendances of recent years? I am told that we averaged over 40,000 last year for the first time in many years and with the ongoing success in the football club, in marketing and footballing terms, i expect this to increase. The North Stand seems like the obvious choice for an expansion as there is space behind, unlike the Doug Ellis.

I am sure that you have been asked this before, but i unfortunately do not share your commitment to search through 534 pages of questions, something which is very much appreciated by all im sure.

Thanks a lot,

You are a true legend General!

and that's why there is a search function. limpid

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya and myb: I love it!!!! There is NOTHING like a Villa Fan!!

2. shenry87: Yes, we have commissioned a study to look at the entire Villa Park...for infrastructure and other issues. When the report is completed, we will provide it to the Board and to Randy and we will prioritize what needs to be done first.

Just a query General, but why don’t the club ever take up full away allocations at certain grounds? Some examples of us taking the reduced allocation are the three north east clubs, along with Spurs and Chelsea.

Is there not the confidence in the support that we would sell out?

General Krulak here:

1. Stuw: UEFA away game...I will need to look into this. I have not heard it will be shown but let me check.

2. ads: A little bit about allocation. We basically look at our attendence history for those games...at similar date/time. We get the number of takers over the years and then estimate what we think will happen this year. Unfortunately, any ticket not used must be paid for by the Club at full price so if we miss estimate, it becomes very costly. At the end of the day, we probably do "underestimate" so as not to lose a good deal of money but....we do try to be as accurate as possible w/o doing something stupid.

3. jimthevillian: Obviously neither Randy nor I have anything at all to do with MBNA now. We both left the Bank in 2005. I can say this...when we were in the UK and running MBNA, we tried very hard to be customer friendly, very transparent, and fair. Over the past few years, I believe the OFT has taken transparency to a stronger level and restrictions have been made on APR that can be charged. I would very carefully read the terms and conditions of the offer and make a decision based upon 1) what you read in those terms and conditions and 2) what other MBNA cardholders have to say about the card. Obviously the AVFC MBNA card does provide a small amount of funds to the Club so I would be foolish to recommend that you not get the card. At the same time, I need to be honest...which is why I urge you to read the terms and conditions closely and to ask friends for their opinion.

4. I have a Board Meeting on Monday and Tuesday so I will be back on the site Wednesday to talk about our win.

I'm staying up tonight to catch the Browns game, just ordered a Browns vest and shorts also off the web. I love the fact that the Randy takeover coincided with my increasing interest in the NFL and gave me a team to support in the process.

Keep up the fantastic work General, my hat is well and truely off for the work you and Randy (and the rest) have done for our club.

UP THE VILLA (and Browns)

Afternoon General, as usual massive thanks for your continuing great efforts.

Just a quick pie in the sky question, since Mr Lerner already owns an American football team and a Premeirship football team has he ever thought about branching out into other sports? I only ask as his current purchases would have cost mega bucks whilst a rugby team would be relatively cheap? Sir John Hall of Newcastle did a similar thing a while back.

general, do you know what the builders by the doug ellis stand are doing, they've been there about a week, i think its something to do with witton road can you shine any light on it?

also in my opinion the away game thing is unfair where people who went to 5 or more away game get tickets before normal ST holders as its like catch 22 i want to go to more than 5 away games but I can't now as I only went to 3 last year when before with my ST I could go to any away game I wanted by phoning up early, and the away scheme wouldn't be worth it for me,

sorry If these have already been answered, thanks in advance

Hi General,

I know it might be a bit premature but who would be the three teams you would like to see us drawn against for the group stages of the UEFA cup. Would you like three easy teams? or would you be looking for a big game like AC Milan or Seville?

We're going through though, we will perform against Litech no doubt!

General,

When you're in these board meetings, do you find yourself working out the time difference, wondering how long is left, having the odd crafty glance at your blackberry or nipping to the loo to phone Randy and check on the scores?

Cracking result tonight, hope you got the chance to enjoy it after your meeting!

4. I have a Board Meeting on Monday and Tuesday so I will be back on the site Wednesday to talk about our win.

ASTON VILLA BOARD MEMBER GUARANTEES VICTORY!!!! ;)

:clap:

and so you did General !!!

did you catch any of the match, we were fantastic !!

good to see Randy at the game too in his usual understated fashion.

you can not believe the positive vibe around him and MON as a team, after the game the setanta punditss were raving about the two of them.

Jut one little complaint about the OS though the coverage on the youth side is very poor, no squad list and profile. Especially with the quality we prouce we should have better coverage.