Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Or maybe Lambert has decided he doesn't want him.

Or maybe Feyenoord are asking for 10m

Or maybe we're simply waiting to sell a player.

Faulkner gets a lot of stick on this site with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. I really don't understand it.

If any of those actually are the case, the least we can do is inform the player and the club, the poor sod needs to know where he's playing and I guess the club would like to know if they have to get a replacement and what money they have at thier disposal. We wouldn't want to be treated this way. We complain about other clubs behaving in an amateurish way, THIS doesn't seem very professional on our part.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never looks good when a club publically speaks about another in a negative way but hopefully this deal will be sorted out soon enough and we can all forget about this.

It's very strange that villa are behaving like this. Maybe there is a lot more to it. We'll probably never know as always.

personally not that bothered if we dont sign him. have said at start of thread that i dont rate him and MAYBE Lambert has seen enough in his current defenders in training to think they are better than Vlaar

Faulkner must have ran out of credit on his PAYG phone. What a farce.

Or maybe Lambert has decided he doesn't want him.

Or maybe Feyenoord are asking for 10m

Or maybe we're simply waiting to sell a player.

Faulkner gets a lot of stick on this site with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. I really don't understand it.

I was joking.

We should buy him or have the courtesy to let Feyenoord know we're not interested in their captain any more. We wouldn't have been too happy had a club come in for Laursen this indecisively.

Ah okay, apologies my joke detector wasn't working!

Thing is, we obviously are interested, and there's obviously an issue why we haven't made an official bid yet (probably due to needing to sell a player). If Feyenoord want to put a deadline on this transfer that's up to them. We don't need to respond to their deadlines, we'll do our own business on our terms when the time is right for us to do it.

If when we're next in a position to sign Vlaar, Feyenoord have every right to reject our approach if it's past their deadline. Something tells me that they wouldn't actually reject our offer, they're simply trying to speed things a long by placing a deadline on it. We all know if players want to move eventually they will.

So he was in Birmingham and apparently wants to come. A week later he is playing for the team he apparently wants to leave. Haven't exactly fallen over ourselves to get this done, have we?

Hey, Ron. Ever been out on a date with a girl, thought things had gone well and ended the evening with a chaste kiss thinking there was plenty of time because she seemed keen and promised to call? Then the lying bitch doesn't. Did it feel like this?

A lot of people talking a lot of bollocks when they know absolutely **** all.

I'm reading words like "shambles". I mean come on, how long HAVE you been a Villa fan?

Calm down everyone. It either get's done or it doesn't. Lambert seems to be moving rapido, I'm sure he has alternative targets. In fact, perhaps that's why we're waiting.

Ultimately if we don't sign him, **** inconveniencing Ron Vlaar and indeed Feyenoord. If we want to get big again we need to start acting big, this includes the fan base.

What a farce.

Take a Valium mate, maybe he's demanding stupid wages

Or indeed as the manager said we invited him over for a chat, a look around the stadium, kind of like an open tap up. Now we're on tour and we're possibly waiting to confirm a few other things first, as is our **** right as a massive football club with huge potential.

If Feyenoord want to kick up a fuss let them, they're making themselves look small time, not us.

I can see how Feyenord could be getting pissed with us tbh

We're effectively taking the spine from their side

Absolutely. But it's a bit like Norwich getting pissed with us, at no point did I read words like "shambles" and "farce" from our own fans on here. Why is this any different?

Have the club not at the very least proven to be extremely professional when handling transfers in the past? Do they not deserve our trust and respect?

Give people an inch they'll always demand a **** mile. Grow up VillaTalk.

Will be fuming if we don't sign this bloke and Dunne and particularly Collins get let off the hook AGAIN!

I wouldn't worry about getting rid of Collins or Hutton, it's called August 31st when pretty much every available player gets signed as clubs get desperate.

A lot of people talking a lot of bollocks when they know absolutely **** all.

I'm reading words like "shambles". I mean come on, how long HAVE you been a Villa fan?

Calm down everyone. It either get's done or it doesn't. Lambert seems to be moving rapido, I'm sure he has alternative targets. In fact, perhaps that's why we're waiting.

Ultimately if we don't sign him, **** inconveniencing Ron Vlaar and indeed Feyenoord. If we want to get big again we need to start acting big, this includes the fan base.

This

It is becoming a farce. Based on the quotes there's no hold up over money, we just aren't getting it done. I feel sorry for Vlaar, I wonder what his impression of the club is now with him being effectively left in limbo. Not good form at all.

It is becoming a farce. Based on the quotes there's no hold up over money, we just aren't getting it done. I feel sorry for Vlaar, I wonder what his impression of the club is now with him being effectively left in limbo. Not good form at all.

Mate, what quotes?

The quotes suggest we've not even been in contact with Feyenoord. It's been what, a week? I think they and you need to get a grip here, it's still July last time I checked.

Meetings like this could happen all the time for all we know. The meeting was only made public knowledge because someone managed to leak a few photos of him at Villa Park. Lambert may have met with 3 different center backs for all we know. We shouldn't feel pressured to hand over cash just because they are bitching about it. We should just do it in our own time.

Mate, what quotes?

The quotes suggest we've not even been in contact with Feyenoord. It's been what, a week? I think they and you need to get a grip here, it's still July last time I checked.

Angry Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman said: “That’s a transfer fee every English club can pay for a top class central defender.

“We have to play a Champions League qualifying round in a week’s time. I can’t sit waiting until Aston Villa have finally decided what they want to do.

“It is about time they give the player clarity.’’

Feyenoord technical ­director Martin van Geel is also livid with Villa.

He said: “As a club they have the moral obligation to tell Vlaar what is happening.

“Feyenoord don’t know what is going on. But Ron Vlaar doesn’t either. It is really ­bothering him, I can tell that. Villa have made it clear they wanted him. We gave him ­permission to leave our training and fly to Birmingham.

“If, as Aston Villa football club, you want a player you sort out the transfer there and then.

“If they have a problem in the club, they should have the courtesy to inform us. The fact that they are in the United States does not change that. I have now told Ron to put a deadline to Villa.

“Ron is a massive player and he does not deserve this.

“But his agent has informed us today that this deadline will be set for Villa.

“In football there is such a thing as knowing the rules and knowing the way we get on as clubs. It is about ­manners sometimes too.’’