Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Oh, nothing at all!

This transfer is going perfectly as normal, isn't it.

Lambert has Vlaar, his agent and father over to VP for a meeting a week ago that he then announces about 50 times was only a "chat". Vlaar goes back to the Netherlands saying he is very enthusiastic about joining Villa. Then it all goes quiet and stories start leaking out about the need to sell Collins before Vlaar can be brought in and how Randy Lerner needs to be convinced of the need to buy him. It is then said that the club hasn't been in contact with Vlaar and he has issued an ultimatum telling the club to make an offer by the end of today or it's off.

FFS, what are people getting het up about? It's just transfer business Aston Villa style!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this story has been hyped up out of all proportion. He came over, we had a look at him, he's gone back. If the manager really wanted him, I'm sure a way would have been found by now to make it all happen. Still think we will start with Dunne & Collins at CB pairing when the season starts.

Where has it been reported that Randy needs to be convinced of the need to buy him?
This was posted a few days ago.
Manager Paul Lambert from Aston Villa responded yesterday for the first time in his flirtation with Feyenoord Ron Vlaar, at a press conference in Philadelphia. "We have spoken and there it remained for the time being," said Lambert. "But Vlaar is a topgozer and a very good player. We'll see what happens. "

The English manager has to Vlaar and his entourage indicated that a deal is imminent, but the American club owner Randy Lerner should formally give its consent to the transfer. These discussions are still on the roll for this week in the United States, where Aston Villa ten days on tour. Yesterday it played an exhibition game, is a board meeting scheduled for today, reports the AD today.

Only when Lerner agrees with the advent of Vlaar, Villa will for the first time at Feyenoord report to the transfer - for a sum of four million - about this. Until last night that had not happened. The American president and owner of Aston Villa in the rule does not interfere with football technical issues, but his boss Lambert will have to convince the utility of an extra central defender, weighed against the overall player base. The lump sum for Villa normally not an insurmountable problem.

The fact that the English club Vlaar Sunday invited to come to Birmingham, also indicates that interest seriously and concrete. The footballer gave all to favor a move to stand and gave Lambert told that the feeling is mutual. Chances are that the Aston Villa soccer player until next week on late for the medical examination and presentation, when the club is back on English soil.

http://tinyurl.com/ccxokq3

Still think we will start with Dunne & Collins at CB pairing when the season starts.
I really really hope not. I accept that we won't be able to shift the entire back 4 but we cannot start with those two as our centre-back pairing next season. Our defence won't stop being poor until they're out of it.

I still suspect the signing has been delayed due to us going to the USA, and secondly by the fact that behind the scenes there's been some furious work to ship someone out. We haven't actually spent that much this transfer window have we? I'd expect us to have the funds for one more player in before we had to start the shipping outs to raise more.

I still suspect the signing has been delayed due to us going to the USA, and secondly by the fact that behind the scenes there's been some furious work to ship someone out. We haven't actually spent that much this transfer window have we? I'd expect us to have the funds for one more player in before we had to start the shipping outs to raise more.

I think the club are more concerned about having too many players being paid first team wages than paying a low to medium transfer fee. I expect there's room for the occasional exception, but their preference will be to be confident of a sale before sealing a new deal.

I don't know what is happening with this possible transfer so I won't comment other than I trust Villa to do the right thing.

I don't know what is happening with this possible transfer so I won't comment other than I trust Villa to do the right thing.

Because we've done the right thing so often over the last few years.

Maybe not everybody wants to stick the boot in to the club at every opportunity like you?

Because we've done the right thing so often over the last few years.

You misunderstand. Even errors of judgement can be completed in the correct manner.

Ron today at a kids press conference has stated that he has cancelled the move, for what that is worth anyway. He does not want to be kept in waiting by anyone for this long.

Feyenoord today is hosting the fans at the traditional open house day, presenting new players and kicking off the season with a friendly on wednesday, against Real Mallorca.

Ron seems to prefer making up his own mind and being captain of this team for one last season, then likely having more clubs to choose from next year.

Still think we will start with Dunne & Collins at CB pairing when the season starts.
I really really hope not. I accept that we won't be able to shift the entire back 4 but we cannot start with those two as our centre-back pairing next season. Our defence won't stop being poor until they're out of it.

I feel the same and tbh with both Bent and Gabby injured it worries me what if it were to happen again like last season.

Shite defence and a keeper who will not come out for crosses, a midfield who don't keep possession and a none scoring forward line.

The players who have been signed look "ok" but nothing special, however I appreciate we are only just getting into pre season. I believe the real key to this coming season is the signing of Vlaar, sign him and we once again have a leader on the pitch, keep Collins and co and well we all saw what happened last season it will just continue.

We all want to see men who will give their all for Villa, this player looks to me to be one of those and if so others will follow. I just hope that someone at Villa contact Feyenoord to let them know we want him and will pay the money.

Ron today at a kids press conference has stated that he has cancelled the move, for what that is worth anyway. He does not want to be kept in waiting by anyone for this long.

Feyenoord today is hosting the fans at the traditional open house day, presenting new players and kicking off the season with a friendly on wednesday, against Real Mallorca.

Ron seems to prefer making up his own mind and being captain of this team for one last season, then likely having more clubs to choose from next year.

Cheers for the info. For whatever reason then it appears we did not pursue him after our initial interest.

Lets hope it was Lambert who changed his mind and not some other reason for us, as it now appears, pulling out.

It makes you wonder how many players are spoken to where an interest is then not followed up. If it wasn't for a cheeky snap of the bloke then nobody would have known about the deal.

Shit. Not good news.

I think PL is likely to be telling Vlaar's agent to cool his heals and what on Earth is the rush?

Looking at it, Feyenoord are the ones who keeping chirping away trying to rush the deal as they're desperate for cash. How many times have you read little tibbits from Feyenoord officials this past week?