Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I think it'd be a real shame if he didn't win a club award this season, but I think Benteke will be taking them all. He's been brilliant for us, and tonight he shone brightly in a team that pretty much all shone.

I remember his first few games he was solid defending. Obviously never playing Premier League he was quite cautious but these days hes starting to show why Lambert signed him. The quality on the ball and his control/passing under pressure. He was phenomenal today.

His performance tonight was everything he has shown this season into one match, minus the faults. No doubt about it, this lad is going to be a star, for a fullback apart from his experience I can't find a single fault in his game right now.

For me he was probably the most consistent performer of the season with Guzan and Benteke but the performance tonight is on a whole new level.

Didn't make Garth Crooks' team of the week...

Ha! Mental. 

He's going to be a top, top player is Lowton. I'm awaiting posts from you know who telling me how he can't have been all that considering we didn't keep a clean sheet again. In fact, the goal came from down his side. 

Absolute twaddle. I think he's been average to good all season long with the odd cracker thrown in, today being the pick of the lot. Sensational.

Anyway, I've ran out of superlatives. 

I hope there weren't any scouts at Villa Park this evening.

Too late! Apparently Fulham have already pipped Arsenal to the post!

Fulham leading Arsenal in hunt to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton     FULHAM are fending off the challenge of Arsenal in the race to sign Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton.
Published: Fri, April 26, 2013

matthew_lowton-395025.jpgMatthew Lowton is attracting the attentions of Fulham and Arsenal

The 23-year-old is being watched by Craven Cottage scouts and boss Martin Jol is understood to be keen to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Villa are embroiled in a relegation battle but Lowton has showed enough pedigree to suggest his future lies in the Premier League.

Arsenal are also interested in Lowton - who will cost around £5million - but it appears that the lure of first-team footballlb_icon1.png at Fulham puts Jol in pole position to sign him.

Lowton signed for Villa from Sheffield United in July and has made 34 Premier Leagueappearancelb_icon1.png this season.

A few things on that

Fulham ? Yeah right.

5m? Yeah right, nearer to ten million

The lad loves villa and loves lambert I'm pretty confident he won't be leaving in the near future

Â