Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

PL Quality : Guzan Dunne Weimann Bent Benteke Gabby NZogbia

Upper Championship Quality : Vlaar Baker Clark Westwood Lowton Given Delph

Mid Championship Quality : Bannan Stevens Herd Lichaj Ireland Bowery

Lesser standard : KEA Holman Bennett

To early to say : Sylla Dawkins

I think it's hard to call on Vlaar and Baker yet and even Bennett. But agreed our front line is half decent but our midfield and defence are why we are in danger of going down.

We resemble a newly promoted team who never quite strengthened properly.

On paper we should be better than Reading and Southampton, but neither seems as defensively naive as us. QPR have many good players too many in fact but seem clueless how to turn that to their advantage. Wigan play nice football but haven't really changed much of the last few years, they are woefully inconsistent but they have had stability for longer giving them a major edge over us.

I feel our team as a whole is starting to settle and improve, but until we grind out some tough results like against West Ham, then it's impossible to say if a corner can be turned. We need a nil nil draw to prove our defence is capable of one.

He needs a big game this weekend free from key personal errors

He's played every PL game when in reality he should have been dropped / rested once or twice

Edited by CI

I'm not a fan of Lowton anymore. I like his high work rate but he just doesn't have enough pace, plus his crosses are poor.

I'll never understand why Lambert didn't snap up Nathaniel Clyne before Southampton.   

Let me help you understand why: Money.

Lowton needs to get his concentration back to where it was at the start of the season. He has the skills to keep posession, but has coughed up a few times lately and it cost us against Arsenal.

I'm not a fan of Lowton anymore. I like his high work rate but he just doesn't have enough pace, plus his crosses are poor.

I'll never understand why Lambert didn't snap up Nathaniel Clyne before Southampton.   

Let me help you understand why: Money.

Lowton needs to get his concentration back to where it was at the start of the season. He has the skills to keep posession, but has coughed up a few times lately and it cost us against Arsenal.

"Money" ..... erm they both cost 3m and Clyne is younger so his wage demands would have been similar.

Â