Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

This really annoys me. firstly to see a player i thought had a lot of promise slip away into but more importantly the fact it comes down to a lack of effort.

These young men play football for a living which is a dream come true for all of them, on top of that they are getting paid utterly ridiculous money to do so. With these two points in mind i find it completely bewildering and upsetting at the lack of professionalism shown. If someone was paying me 25k a week id be there day and night giving it my all (which wouldn't even be to bad considering its bloody football!). I know many say its part of the modern game and players just wants to land big, lucrative contracts but surely the players can't be so ignorant of how good they've got it!? 

I think because he was the least bad in a woeful defence in his first season, people (myself included) assumed he wasn't therefore bad defensively. Also because he was young[ish] and came from League One, so it was seen as encouraging. However, he proved last season that he actually is a really poor defender, certainly not of the required standard for this level. Shame, as he is a good footballer.

Is it lack of effort though? Have to say whenever I've seen him wear a Villa shirt he's always giving 100%. I think it's more confidence.

Was the stuff about his wife not wanting to move from Sheffield true, and the fall out was because of that? It might not be about him not putting the effort in. Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire so perhaps it just suits all parties if Hutton is going to be used along with Bacuna.

Is it lack of effort though? Have to say whenever I've seen him wear a Villa shirt he's always giving 100%. I think it's more confidence.

Was the stuff about his wife not wanting to move from Sheffield true, and the fall out was because of that? It might not be about him not putting the effort in. Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire so perhaps it just suits all parties if Hutton is going to be used along with Bacuna.

edit

Edited by SikhInTrinity

What is it with people getting homesick in this tiny country? It's utterly bizarre.

One of the many problems with English players. Life's too comfortable, talented players get paid way too much way too soon because every club is desperate to stockpile talent, there's nothing the spur them on to succeed because the illusion is they already have. If they had to leave the country to succeed like a lot of the foreign players that come here, attitudes would change a lot.

Edited by a m ole

Wasn't Unsworth "homesick" too?

On topic, I still think Lowton has a future as a wing back.  The guy works hard and has a decent delivery on him - he just lacks too much defensively to be a full back.

Wasn't Unsworth "homesick" too?

On topic, I still think Lowton has a future as a wing back.  The guy works hard and has a decent delivery on him - he just lacks too much defensively to be a full back.

Yeah I like him, he has a good touch and a great cross.  He will learn to defend better as he gets older but his lack of pace is what lets him down as a wing back. He can't recover when he is caught out of position which has happened alot while he has been with us.  I'd like to see him play as a holding midfielder/defensive midfielder but I doubt that will ever happen while he is at Villa. Am fairly sure he had great stats for tackles won in his first season especially.

Edited by Bunnski

It is called being whipped.

If I am picking up £20k a week and my misses has the cheek to be complaining I would be asking to borrow Gabby's little black book.

Bit of a silly comment. They've been together since school, I believe, and have more than one (3?) kids together. It's just possible that his relationship with his wife, and her happiness, matters more to him than football. And maybe, just maybe, that's a fair ordering of his priorities for him, no matter how inconvenient it is for us. 

• Like 1

If I am picking up £20k a week and my misses has the cheek to be complaining I would be asking to borrow Gabby's little black book.

Bit of a silly comment. They've been together since school, I believe, and have more than one (3?) kids together. It's just possible that his relationship with his wife, and her happiness, matters more to him than football. And maybe, just maybe, that's a fair ordering of his priorities for him, no matter how inconvenient it is for us. 

It is in no way fair as we pay him a hell of alot of money to be a professional and take his job serious.  He will only be a professional footballer for a short period of his overall life and if he had any cop on he would make the most of it. It seems to me like he is probably joined at the hip with his missus and that can be a good thing if she is a good woman but can also be a bad thing if she is a selfish control freak or the like.

It is in no way fair as we pay him a hell of alot of money to be a professional and take his job serious.  He will only be a professional footballer for a short period of his overall life and if he had any cop on he would make the most of it. It seems to me like he is probably joined at the hip with his missus and that can be a good thing if she is a good woman but can also be a bad thing if she is a selfish control freak or the like.

Bottom line, you don't know anything about their home life, relationship, marital situation or whatever. 

Â