Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Thought he was good tonight. Their first goal was the only time I saw him lose his man - and that was shortly after our formation change due to Baker's injury.

He's not a brilliant defender, granted. But he's good at getting forward and generally being in the right position.

I simply cannot agree with those calling him sub-standard. Hutton was sub-standard. Lowton is not.

Hutton was nowhere as bad as Lowton in terms of overall play.  He was bombed out by Lambert before he'd even had a chance to show what he could do, which I suspect was more due to his attitude.  But even if he wans't very good, he could defend a bit.  Which is a bit more than Lowton, who is a liability at right back.

• Like 1

Thought he was good tonight. Their first goal was the only time I saw him lose his man - and that was shortly after our formation change due to Baker's injury.

He's not a brilliant defender, granted. But he's good at getting forward and generally being in the right position.

I simply cannot agree with those calling him sub-standard. Hutton was sub-standard. Lowton is not.

Hutton was nowhere as bad as Lowton in terms of overall play.  

The Christmas sherry must be still in full flow at Chez Risso.

• Like 1

Hutton was nowhere as bad as Lowton in terms of overall play.  

The Christmas sherry must be still in full flow at Chez Risso, and laced with LSD.

I think this is what you meant to say.

yeah very short memories about Hutton, Herd was a better right back for Villa that season. He has developed Luke Young syndrome with some fans

Forget the fact as well that 99% of fans never wanted hutton anywhere near the club and Lambert was told such in one of the first fans forums he attended

Lowton is bang out of form but he is still far superior to Hutton.

Going forward there is no comparison, Lowton is a proper footballer and capable of excellent delivery. Hutton is neither of these things he sliced so many crosses into the Holte it effectively finished his career. Remember it is not just Lambert which wont touch him but every other PL manager too.

Defensively right now there is not a lot in it, Lowton is all over the place right now and cant make a tackle to save his life. Hutton is a bruiser and off the pace against the type of opposition he faces in PL. Capable of making a clattering tackle but also capable of getting rinsed a number of times too.

Lowton can do better defensively we've seen it last year, Hutton is what he is.

• Like 1

Lowton is bang out of form but he is still far superior to Hutton.

Going forward there is no comparison, Lowton is a proper footballer and capable of excellent delivery. Hutton is neither of these things he sliced so many crosses into the Holte it effectively finished his career. Remember it is not just Lambert which wont touch him but every other PL manager too.

Defensively right now there is not a lot in it, Lowton is all over the place right now and cant make a tackle to save his life. Hutton is a bruiser and off the pace against the type of opposition he faces in PL. Capable of making a clattering tackle but also capable of getting rinsed a number of times too.

Lowton can do better defensively we've seen it last year, Hutton is what he is.

That through ball to Gabby in the first half that drew a cynical foul and a yellow card.

Hutton couldn't do that in a month of Sundays.

quality going forward, suspect defensively. PLay bacuna behind him for Liverpool game

Bacuna is suspect at RB too, cant defend for shite

Bacuna isn't a right back though.

As for Lowton I am intrigued as to why he has been left out, thought the house move stuff was done with now but maybe not.

Something definitely is up after his performance against Arsenal.

I hope this gets resolved because he obviously has talent and he was one of our bright sparks for most of last season.

If it doesn't he'll be in demand by another premier league team come the summer.

Get rid if he is gonna be a tosser, thats twice this season he has been dropped for silly things.  Imo he would be easily replaced as he really cant defend although I do like him overall and am hopeful things will work out and he improves his defending and behaviour.

Â