Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Much as i hope that Lowton gets to be as good as some on here seem to think he will be, i can't see it myself.

Bacuna is everything i like in a FB.Hes quick, he covers well, hes not bad on the ball, and more importantly he defends well.Lowton is not a good defender, hes ok at going forward, but nothing special.If you drop KEA, you will miss his energy, and harrassment of the opposition.The main reason why we beat Arse, Citeh, and played so well against Chelsk, was KEA, and Delphs energy, and closing down.I would'nt drop either to accomodate Lowton.

For me you play your better players in their best positions.

From what i saw last season lowton is a very capable defender, where did you get the idea that hes a poor defender? Rubbish.

I rate Bacuna as a better defender, and he's a midfielder.

Rate whoever you want as better thats fine but its incredibly harsh to call him a poor defender, last season he was far from poor defensively.

Lowton was one of our better players last season. As for him being just ok going forward I think at times last season he was brilliant going forward, great at intercepting play. As yet Bacuna has not shown the same attacking prowess. But I do rate Bacuna and think its right he keeps his place at rightback at the moment. Lowton needs to up his game.

He's not a poor defender, but he is weak and caught flat footed a lot.

That being said, he did have the 3rd most interceptions in the prem last season or somewhere close to that. Just a matter of regaining his form.

I think at times last season Lowton looked completely lost at right back, out of position and not sure what was going on around him. That may have been partly down to the general chaos in the defence and also his willingness to get forward.

I'm not having a pop at him, I like him as a player, but we look more solid at the back when he isn't in the team - again, could be down to improved defensive play as a team, and also Bacuna not getting forward as much.

Lowton was our one of our outstanding players last season, funny how as soon as Lambert drops anyone they suddenly get branded as rubbish.

its usually his signings that get branded rubbish after about 3 games ;)

Lowton was certainly our best and most consistant defender last season which probably made him look a slightly better defender then he is. I did notice that he would get caught out positionally fairly often last season but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first season after stepping up from League One and also that being apart of such a poor defence didn't help. I don't see why he can't improve on this though.

In the meantime, it is certainly worth trying him somewhere in midfield as he is a good footballer. Wouldn't mind seeing him played in the Westwood role as I believe he has the ability to do it.

Lowton was our one of our outstanding players last season, funny how as soon as Lambert drops anyone they suddenly get branded as rubbish.

He was indeed one of our better players last season but the point that's being made is that he is poor defensively.  I agree that he is poor defensively and thought he was last season (although better than Bennett).  This season he's been shown up for what is i.e. poor positionally and poor in the tackle.  He was however, excellent at times going forward. 

Some people are so ridiculously over-responsive it's incredible.

The guys out of form, for whatever reason......has he become a shit player overnight? No.

Were the same people who are now saying he's shit the ones saying he should be playing for England 6 months ago? Probably.

Boring hell.

• Like 2

Â