Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

The lack of confidence in his game was very evident last night. He was brilliant at the end of last season. I'm sure he'll get it back because although Bacuna has more pace he's nowhere near as good on the ball as Lowton.

I don't remember him being brilliant last season but I certainly remember him being overrated. I also remember him costing us a goal in the last game of the season because of his awful ongoing habit of being out of position. I think Lambert has finally come to his senses and dropped him.

He ran that game versus Sunderland from right back. In my opinion he was very solid last year and was the stand out performer in the back line, the only one who covered themselves in any glory at all. Least we forget without his 2 goals we'd probably be talking about how he did against the likes of Tom Ince right now.

Not just the goals but the assists as well at crucial times in matches. Like the QPR home game. He was probably our most creative player. We loose that with him not in the side but he hasn't been playing well so Bacuna should stay at right back.

At some point last season there were rumours of Arsenal sniffing round him, and I just couldn't understand it at all, and then he went and had that game against Sunderland. But yeah, that was way above his normal standard.

When a right back is a lot better coming forward than defending there is an argument for moving them into midfield, but generally his crossing is very poor, although on occasion he has delivered a very good ball.

I think his crossing is probably the best part of his game. Even against Newcastle, he put in some very good crosses despite playing very poorly.

I'm normally not a fan of this, but I'd be interested to see how he does at right midfield. He's a lot more comfortable with the ball than off it.

Anyone think it was a bit strange that El Ahmadi ran straight to Lowton and hugged him after equalising?

I don't want to wildly speculate but I do think its an unusual first thought to have after scoring such an important goal.

Anyone think it was a bit strange that El Ahmadi ran straight to Lowton and hugged him after equalising?

I don't want to wildly speculate but I do think its an unusual first thought to have after scoring such an important goal.

I thought it was strange too but Lowton seemed happy, an inside joke/bet or something I guess.

Shows our team spirit at least, Albrighton got in on the man love action too.

Had a poor start to the season and Bacuna has got the right back spot nailed for now. Im presuming Lowton will get another chance in the not too distant future as I think Bacuna might get another chance in midfield.

Spoke to one of our suppliers in sheffield at work today, asked if i was a villa fan on hearing the accent, and told me he used to go to school with matty, said he was arguably a better cricketer than footballer.

Batsman or bowler because Warwickshire need a batsman or two. Mind you the pay isn't as good!

Always had a few doubts about Lowton last season, was worried particularly about his lack of communication with Vlaar and midfield/forwards as well. But got browbeaten by the general welter of praise for him + adulation of THAT goal.

Paul Lambert doesn't buy players for fun and it's obvious he decided he needed a stronger presence at right back. Interesting that his summer buying has effectively replaced both last season's full backs. And the better we look for it.

Edited by briny_ear

Â