General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I can't for the life of me understand why people choose to criticize certain players with logic that applies to each of our other players all the same if not more so. Ireland doesn't create goals? He was only behind Gabby and N'Zog (by 1 and 2 assists respectively) in assists with 3, playing deep in in a very defense minded midfield and only getting a real sustained run of games after the turn of the year.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who we will go for as a Left back now then? Olsson? Vurnon Anita?

Might throw a few names into the ring

Ismail Koybasi

Roberto Canella (linked abwt 3years ago)

Emiliano Insua

Lukas Schmitz

Long shot but... Kieran Gibbs?

I still hope we go after Clyne.

I'd hope so but after his agent messing around I doubt we will come back in for him unless they come crawling back... then it would be on our terms..... I'd like Koybasi, Anita or Olsson as they are all young (22-24) should be good value, (I'd say Koybasi @ around 5m, Olsson @ 3m and Anita @ 7m).

Centre half wise I think we will sign Ramis soon if twitter and the press are anything to go by.

That Doumbia has said he IS in talks with an English club. Us, Arsenal and Everton have been linked.

Asked by Le 10 Sport if he was in contact with a Premier League club, he said: " Yes, there are discussions.

"My agent is taking care of that - it is nice but a transfer requires all parties agreeing to it and now we are talking with Rennes.

"And this is not that I don't want to play with Rennes but this is the Premier League, it is a league that really attracts me. I think I have a playing style suited to the Premier League.

"I am due to resume training on Monday, but I hope everything will be fixed shortly."

SkySports

I can't for the life of me understand why people choose to criticize certain players with logic that applies to each of our other players all the same if not more so. Ireland doesn't create goals? He was only behind Gabby and N'Zog (by 1 and 2 assists respectively) in assists with 3, playing deep in in a very defense minded midfield and only getting a real sustained run of games after the turn of the year.

People have critiscised the hell out of Gabby and N'Zogbia (and rightly so)

So why not Ireland ?

He's been average at best since he signed. That's 8m and a HUGE wage thats simply not being justified on the pitch

That Doumbia has said he IS in talks with an English club. Us, Arsenal and Everton have been linked.

Asked by Le 10 Sport if he was in contact with a Premier League club, he said: " Yes, there are discussions.

"My agent is taking care of that - it is nice but a transfer requires all parties agreeing to it and now we are talking with Rennes.

"And this is not that I don't want to play with Rennes but this is the Premier League, it is a league that really attracts me. I think I have a playing style suited to the Premier League.

"I am due to resume training on Monday, but I hope everything will be fixed shortly."

SkySports

We have been linked with him tbh but I'd discount Everton as they are after Pienaar and Arsenal could well go for him as it seems a Wanger-esq signing.... would like him, shame we never got Fofana under GH though!

Yeah is a shame, Houllier had Fofana lined up (now at Real Madrid) and then had Oriol Romeu lined up until he broke his foot now at Chelsea. would have loved to have seen our team in 5 years under Houllier

Agreed but Fofana's at Lyon atm.. Oriol is a class player shame he will be like Sturridge and Lukaku lost in that Chelsea team.... would love Lukaku but Chelsea wouldn't sell unless it's silly money and a loan wouldn't benefit us in the long term unless he fell for the club.... we thought that with Walker though and that turned out gash for us!

Yeah is a shame, Houllier had Fofana lined up (now at Real Madrid) and then had Oriol Romeu lined up until he broke his foot now at Chelsea. would have loved to have seen our team in 5 years under Houllier

Don't know about the others - but we couldn't meet the wage demands of Fofana - so even if Houllier had stayed he wouldn't have joined.

Houllier IMO couldn't run the dressing room - this would have negated the good effect of any further signings made - the team that Houllier would have brought is growing in internet folklore.

I wonder who we will go for as a Left back now then? Olsson? Vurnon Anita?

Might throw a few names into the ring

Ismail Koybasi

Roberto Canella (linked abwt 3years ago)

Emiliano Insua

Lukas Schmitz

Long shot but... Kieran Gibbs?

I still hope we go after Clyne.

Didn't lichaj play LB for us last season ? - don't see the major urgency for another as he did (thats ok as in deserves another chance -) I think CB and an attacking MF are where our pennies should be going ......

Don't know about the others - but we couldn't meet the wage demands of Fofana - so even if Houllier had stayed he wouldn't have joined.

Houllier IMO couldn't run the dressing room - this would have negated the good effect of any further signings made - the team that Houllier would have brought is growing in internet folklore.

Fofana failed a medical due to a back problem and us lot just said on here that we didnt believe that and that we actually thought it was wages. I dont think it was ever actually said officially or otherwise, ironically I think that was just 'internet folklore'. (i could be wrong lol)

on his team, he lined up those two very good young DM's, Nacho Monreal a very good LB, Cabaye, Stephanie Ruffier was very strongly linked, linked to Adil Rami before he moved to Valencia a superb CB and Marseille's Amalfitano. I dont know about RB but i'll use Walker as he brought him here and I imagine he'd have wanted another similar player (Naughton, Clyne both possibilities but thats just speculation)

-----------Ruffier

Walker-Rami-Clark-Nacho

-----------Romeu

-----Cabaye--Gardner

Amalfitano-------Albrighton*

------------Bent

*I also believe he told one of Graham/Grealish that they would be involved in the first team last season.

It's speculation yes entirely he may have signed Gosling and David Bentley for all I know but I still think he'd have given us a much more technically gifted team than we've seen in a long while.