General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we don't get Anderson. More interested in food booze and parrying than football. Guy is so out of shape atm.

so out of shape but still miles better than bannan,delph and herd. thats how bad our midfield is

Hope we don't get Anderson. More interested in food booze and parrying than football. Guy is so out of shape atm.

so out of shape but still miles better than bannan,delph and herd. thats how bad our midfield is

Yet that doesn't mean we should loan him.

Yet that doesn't mean we should loan him.

i dont think we should either. that fact however does highlight how crap our midfield is. i think we need a couple of big african powerhouses in midfield.

I've always been a fan of Anderson personally, maybe not quite good enough to be a starting XI player for the likes of United, but for a team like ours he'd be one of, if not the most technically gifted player in the whole squad. If you'd turn down Anderson I don't know who the **** you expect us to be signing.

God some proper pathetic defending of this club in here.

Glad the majority can see.

Hopefully the panic sets in this week and we spend in order to survive.

Yeah, it's a shame not everyone slates the club at every given opportunity isn't it? :lol:

I think it's safe to say the Everton game in particular knocked the wind out of a lot of us, myself included, and that the feel-good factor didn't last too long.

I believe Lambert is a good manager but he can't work miracles. I really hope we sign a few players this week. We've been relying on youth products a bit too much and we need some older and wiser heads to come in and settle us down. Maybe I'm just being more cynical than I usually am due to the way we played this weekend and that we lost so miserably, but I just don't think we'll do much business this week, if any. I hope I'm wrong though.

Downing would be a bold mood by Lambert and split an already unsteady fanbase. He was a brilliant player for us but could people forgive him for leaving in the way he did. Furthermore he has been woeful at Liverpool. Really mixed emotions about having him back. However if we were to sign him and a decent target man i would be very happy

I wouldn't say he was brilliant for us at all.

Overall he was a good player for us. Slow start, first half a season here essentially and write off then he picked it up. Still the amount of times his crosses would hit the first man used to drive me nuts. Plus the bloke is an absolute word removed.