General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

What concerns me its Lamberts reference to silly prices - then a local journo at ipswich says they would sell @ £4.5m .....I mean we paid £3.5m for lowton - from div 1 - so the going rate for cresswell looks reasonable to me....

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth did the Boggies snap up Lukaku? We are in dire need of someone like him. On top of the fact we have no good footballers, the team is completely bereft of size, strength and power.

Dembele at Fulham don't look too bad either.

we are just missing too many decent players and prior to Lambert been signing crap.

Ps If we were owned by the government, in recent seasons they would be calling for a "public enquiry" in to our transfer dealings.

and paying a lot for signing that crap

i've always thought mulumbu at WBA is a good player, he would improve our midfield easily. he was signed for just £175,000 :shock:. then there's tiote at newcastle - 3.5 mil. plenty of other examples as well

there are excellent players out there for very good prices, so it is worrying we are hearing about struggling to sign players due to silly prices. we desperately need signings.

and paying a lot for signing that crap

i've always thought mulumbu at WBA is a good player, he would improve our midfield easily. he was signed for just £175,000 :shock:. then there's tiote at newcastle - 3.5 mil. plenty of other examples as well

there are excellent players out there for very good prices, so it is worrying we are hearing about struggling to sign players due to silly prices. we desperately need signings.

Lambert seems to have a good eye for a player and I think in time we'll look at KEA at £2m and Vlaar at £3m as bargains. If Lambert can build his squad then I think we'll be absolutely fine. Problem is we don't have that much time. I think if we can get through this season it'll be onwards and upwards thereafter as Lambert starts to properly build his own side.

In a way it's good what has happened. I genuinely believe Lambert held a delusional view that the squad was actually good enough. We had a positive pre-season, and lots of players who have generally been poor for us (Bannan/N'Zogbia etc) all did reasonably well. You always hear about Bannan and Ireland being absolute whizzes in training full of skill and ability, but it's never quite transcended it's way onto the pitch. I think he thought it would (this is not me writing anyone off this season, least of all Ireland, just easy examples) I think only today has he grasped exactly how big the job he's taken on actually is. It's a declining club that's sick and hurting. I think today will have been a huge eye opener and I am now CONVINCED we will strengthen.

Anthony Pilkington is a player who I would like us to sign. I think he'd be a great addition. Got pace, scores and creates, can deliver a decent cross too. I'm sure he's only about 22/23 as well.

Two problems though. 1) If Lambert hasn't got a pot to piss in over the next five days. 2) Norwich would play hardball with us because they wouldn't want to lose one of their best players to Lambert.

Let's hope he's backed "and some", we need it.

Problem is, you parachute 3 or 4 new players in, it still may take months for them to gel.

As Hansen said, we played like a bunch of strangers yesterday.

Sooo.... not even any speculation today then?

I don't think anyone else is coming, all been left too late now, 2 days off and a cup game this week leaves virtually no time.

It's not like "normal" life you know. Bank holidays won't matter and neither will the cup game.

I believe we will sign players. Whether it is enough for us (the club us and the fans us) is a different matter and one we can debate after we have signed them, but I do not believe for one minute that our transfers in are done

I really would get Charlie Adam in now Liverpool have got sahin! Does well in struggling teams, and would be better than herd, bannan and nzogbia who started on Saturday! He creates and scores!

A left back would balance the team, but our main problem is creating chances and controlling games in the midfield. If we could only sign 2 players, I'd sign adam and a winger - ince or Philips or somebody bloody exciting from abroad.

Given

Lowton vlaar Dunne lichaj

Ireland kea Adam

Roaming winger

Gabby bent

What worries me is that Randy does normallyopen the cheque book when we are in trouble, but, we normally end up with panic buys like Hutton...which just wstes more money and time