General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Eeeeeeeeee.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has admitted being an admirer of Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe and Stoke forward Kenwyne Jones as he looks to strengthen his squad.

"You are talking about two really good players, different types of players there," Lambert said. "I think a club this size will always be linked with players of that ilk. I don't think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve. Whether they come in or not, we will have to wait and see."

Oh please oh please oh please..... I've waited for years on 606 and here... to say this..... please Paul... make it so.....

Get the Litchfield Estate Agents on stand by..

"Welcome Jermaine"

Unfortunately it's not up to me pal, and even if it was, I don't think I'd push a deal through for either player.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramirez exactly the type of player we need at the moment..

he'll be on 60-80,000 a week....

well done Southampton

it's not that long ago Southampton were in administration, there is some seriously dodgy shit going on there.

No idea what the budget is but it's clear what the approach is.

Indeed clear out the over paid rubbish that won't get a game next season before we have the money in the budget available to sign a replacement.

:lol:

Even the people who disagree with me don't agree with you. I don't think there's many fans who truly believe we can't afford to spend.

Some think selling the crap before buying is the right approach but barely any of them believe it's because we literally have no money.

You just ignoring all the reasons in my previous post then?

Not really wishing to get involved in your argument, but couldn't resist.

I think Eames is right, under MON we spent and spent and many of the signings didn't even get a game, this left us with a massive wage bill, which does now after 2 years seem to be coming under control.

Knowing that, and learning from his mistakes, Lerner is now quite rightly saying lets try and move players on before we sign replacements. There is still two weeks of the window left, and i am certain that regardless of who does leave we will still sign players. This just strikes me as Lerner doing things the right way.

I must say though i struggle to understand what Warnock and Hutton have done to Lambert for him to exclude them from his team. Neither is top class, but both are average Premier League players which surely must put them ahead of inexperienced players such as Lowton, Clark and Stephens ? The first games of he season really dictate how the rest of the season will go, and i'd prefer us to grind out a few confidence building early results than to risk that and find ourselves on the backfoot.

I'd love Defoe here. He was ridiculously underrated by Redknapp, even after scoring some 14 goals off the bench. Him, Bent, Gabby and Weimann is a very decent strikeforce and one that I'd be happy with going into the season. Not too sure on Jones though.

Oh please oh please oh please..... I've waited for years on 606 and here... to say this..... please Paul... make it so.....

Get the Litchfield Estate Agents on stand by..

"Welcome Jermaine"

Why Litchfield - Burntwood would be better :)

Are you referring to the 'Litchfield' in Leicester or the 'Lichfield' near Tamworth - have to be picky you see i live there ;)

and my money would be on him staying in Four Oaks, considering most of the team live there! Paul Lambert has just bought one of my mates houses for a 2 year lease type deal.

Didn't we see this a few years ago regarding smaller teams over spending and then ultimately ending up in the shit ? I'm thinking Bradford, Barnsley, Portsmouth and Hull. Let Southampton and QPR do themselves over with players on long contracts of £60k a week, personally i'd rather we still had a club to support in 5 years time, and i believe the changes made by RL and PF ensure that will be the case.

No idea what the budget is but it's clear what the approach is.

Indeed clear out the over paid rubbish that won't get a game next season before we have the money in the budget available to sign a replacement.

:lol:

Even the people who disagree with me don't agree with you. I don't think there's many fans who truly believe we can't afford to spend.

Some think selling the crap before buying is the right approach but barely any of them believe it's because we literally have no money.

You just ignoring all the reasons in my previous post then?

Not at all.

You seem unable to get your head around the fact that Randy's personal wealth and the money available to Aston Villa as a business are two completely different things.

I don't expect Randy to pour millions of his own money into the club - what happens then when he sells up/dies? The club needs to be self-sustaining. To do that, we need to firstly stay in the PL, any further success is a bonus and will bring success and better players to the club.

A realistic target this season would be a finish between 6th and 12th with 55-65 points. That is the point when we need to chuck in the money....

Bent, Agbonlahor, Jones, Defoe and Weimann. That'll do for me!
Take out Agbonlahor and it is a perfectly plausible forward line for me

That would be excellent business for us this window.

looking at some stoke message boards, they think KJ is signing for us on monday and that Hutton is going their way.

It would make sense considering Lambert allegedly likes a target man (Holt).

What about the LB though?!