General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he needed a RB and that was the one he wanted or the best he could afford.

I've no idea how much Lambert has to spend this summer but given all the noises coming out of the club via McLeish towards the end of the season it would be rather surprising if he has a substantial budget to play with.

We will have to wait and see I guess but I don't think just because we got Lambert it automatically means he has a large transfer budget at his disposal.

But you have to wonder why Lambert took the job if the financial constraints are really that tight.

I think there was a bit of tension at Norwich - I don't think he would have stayed much longer anyway - so maybe villas approach just brought events forward a bit. Would he rather manage Norwich on a budget or Villa on a budget ?

I really thought he would sell one of our big guns - Gabby, Ireland, Nzog - and that would give him the leverage to re shape the squad. Perhaps there just hasn't been the bids for those players.

Pretty convinced there isn't much more (if any) money in the kitty now.

Christ. A couple of weeks without a signing and we've got no money and are heading for a relegation battle.

When will we ever, ever learn.

He's had time to assess the squad now. I expect another 3 in before the end of the window, perhaps between £10-15m spent. Then I'll judge. Until then I'm gonna try and stay away from this thread and get out more because you lot are depressing ;-)

Milner's at Villa Park today. Done deal.

Must have been a different James Milner playing for Man City in the charity shield then. Seriously, why post this shit ?

No, too easy...

Must have been a different James Milner playing for Man City in the charity shield then. Seriously, why post this shit ?

erm..it was a joke?

Because the Shield was played at Villa Park and it is a clever joke?

i do think we are trying our hardest to drum up bids for Hutton and Warnock and we need these gone before we make moves ourselves.....

but ive just got a sneaky feeling that we may sign some of those players we were linked to early in the window....

Creswell, an unsettled Brahimi or Gouffran (both desperate to leave and could be available on the cheap) and then a cheeky deadline day deal for Carroll