General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I think Warnock will stay, but I can't see another RB coming either, wouldn't make any sense.

Unless he is trying to stop the MON comparisons by buying as many right backs as possible. ;)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why were you so optimistic before? Was it the news about randy selling? One more purchase.. depending on how much we spend.. would be less net spend then mcleish got wouldn't he? Not enough to progress.
Is the Wet Spam game the end of the window then?

I think Warnock will stay, but I can't see another RB coming either, wouldn't make any sense.

Unless he is trying to stop the MON comparisons by buying as many right backs as possible. ;)

The fact that he's already done some business before the last day of the window should kill those comparisons! :D

Why were you so optimistic before? Was it the news about randy selling? One more purchase.. depending on how much we spend.. would be less net spend then mcleish got wouldn't he? Not enough to progress.

Nope, but the points dropped or won before the window closes still counts at the end of the season

Nope, but the points dropped or won before the window closes still counts at the end of the season

we have a better squad already than last year, with the additions of KEA and Vlaar. we have a manager who will play to the strenghts of ireland and zog and bent, and not accentuate their weaknesses. the youngsters are a year older and will give us more strength in depth too.

even being pessimistic i'd expect us to better last season by at least 9 points, which will see us safely mid table i'd reckon.

being realistic, even without additions to the squad i reckon we'll be top half.

OUT - Makoun, Ireland, Hutton, Warnock, Delfouneso

Barmy!!! :bonk:

I see your well made point. However if it means getting in a quality DM and a winger, which we desperately need, I think we should take it.

We'd still have some decent CM options and more creativity.

Obviously i'd prefer to keep him and still sign a winger and a DM.

People want an attacking minded squad and a bit of creativity & spark, along with not selling our best players year after year...yet you would happily get rid of our best and most creative player!?!? Hasnt he thrown in another couple of MOTM performance during pre-season also?

Like i say...

To replace Stephen Ireland with someone with equal technical ability, your are talking in excess of £12m. Which we dont have.

we have a better squad already than last year, with the additions of KEA and Vlaar. we have a manager who will play to the strenghts of ireland and zog and bent, and not accentuate their weaknesses. the youngsters are a year older and will give us more strength in depth too.

even being pessimistic i'd expect us to better last season by at least 9 points, which will see us safely mid table i'd reckon.

being realistic, even without additions to the squad i reckon we'll be top half.

Sure hope your right, not in my nature to be optimistic thou...

I see us struggling if we not seriously strengthen the starting 11

I don't know about that for me at the moment the squad seems very lightweight. We don't seem to have any physical monsters, Vlaar aside. Our midfield seems especially nice. With the likes of Bannan, Holman & Ireland hardly frightening. We definitely need a Nigel De Jong type player who can take a kicking but also give one back to protect the back four.

OUT - Makoun, Ireland, Hutton, Warnock, Delfouneso

Seconded - utter madness.

Also Makoun isnt a high earner.

He is compared to our other CM's.

Makoun is paid far too much at the minute until he gets a work permit sorted

In regards to the proposed idea of a "marquee" signing, can I chuck out a name?

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar? Valued around £17mil on transfermarket.co.uk. 28 years old. Proven striker with a fair bit of experience. We were linked with him a couple of years back.

1 year left on his contract at Schalke and apparently is hesitant to re-commit to a new one according to Four-Four-Two - http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/247516,huntelaar-yet-to-commit-to-schalke.aspx.

I'd much prefer him to Andy Carroll if we were to spend that kind of money on a forward.

Maybe just a fool's hope though :winkold: