General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KK said it was Fletcher but he thinks we wont go for him as he is too expensive. KK apparently is a football journalist. Express and Star led with the story this morning. I.e. I think KK works for the express and star.

KK Football tweeted...

"Don't rule out a Villa move for the one who makes arrows. Could be too expensive mind. #avfc"

Really rather confusing. He has also said we haven't made a move for Defoe, yet. However, I would imagine he'll want to stay in London anyway, which points to QPR.

Funny you should mention Defoe as a friend of mine said that he checked into the hotel she works at down Birmingham this morning.

:lol:

I was at the 2 Olympic matches at the City of Coventry stadium yesterday and decided to do a bit of scouting.

First game, Mexico v Gabon. Pretty much anyone from Mexico is worth a shout. They were all comfortable on the ball but most had poor decision making. Dos Santos was the best player, but their forward line in general was excellent. Javier Aquino may be worth a shout, plays at Cruz Azul and is 22. He'll be coming to Europe fairly soon I would have thought.

In the second game, South Korea were basically a team of Jii-Sung Parks. No-one really stood out but they worked as a team and were dedicated. For Switzerland I was disappointed not to see Benjamin Siegrist play. Out of the middle 2, the game seemed to pass Fabian Frei by, but the no.8 Amir Abrashi was excellent and bossed the midfield. He plays for Grasshopper and is also only 22.

I'd be really pleased with either of the above 2, I just hope we get there first.

Genuine question...

How many people have actually seen guidetti play? What is his style? I've seen a lot if comments of people saying we should definitely sign him, but is this just on the basis that he scored a few last yr??? I've never heard of him (like kea and Holman) and therefore can't comment on how good a signing he would be

I've seen quite a lot of Guidetti in the Swedish Allsvenska with Brommapojkarna, in Feyenoord, the Swedish U 21 and his game in the national side and i rate him very high.

He's an intelligent player and has a good workrate, when you watch you can see he has quality, more so than any other player at his age in Sweden.

Just like with Ibrahimovic you can tell there's something special about him.

Now that does not mean he'll turn out to be a fantastic player, but i think he very well might be.

I'd be over the moon if we sign him