General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammers are allegedly interested in Berbatov. For the £5 mill. price tag bandied about he'd be an absolute steal. Put in a bid, I say. Would be very interesting to see him cooperate with Bent, Gabby and Ireland.

Hammers are allegedly interested in Berbatov. For the £5 mill. price tag bandied about he'd be an absolute steal. Put in a bid, I say. Would be very interesting to see him cooperate with Bent, Gabby and Ireland.

His wages would be absolutely obscene. He's instantly become our highest paid player and, at his age and with his injury record, would probably be a great waste of money despite the low transfer fee.

Betbatov and Owen would both be steps in the wrong direction, both older players earning big bucks, who've been there and done it, not quite fitting with the young and hungry theme.

As for Simpson, a Man U kid who left for first team football and has done well in a good Newcastle side, wouldn't say no to him.

Surprised all you transfer gossip junkies have missed the story on the Sky site today linking us to Steven Nzonzi. Story has us, Sunderland, Spurs, Stoke and West Ham all interested in him. No quotes on the story and not sure if there is much to it, but might be an interesting option in the middle of the park

In all honesty, & i only speak for myself here of course, any story that i now see with the old "Spurs,West Ham, Everton & Villa" or similar are "all after this & that player", intro to it i competely ignore. It is clearly just a complete load of tosh made up by a newspaper to try & generate mass sales.

We see it week in week out & it's always something along the lines of all us mid level Prem clubs are "vying for the signature of so & so" or Sunderland, (the new current fave as MON is there) are about to pip us to this or that player etc...

BORING! & i just don't fall for it anymore whatsoever.. I have to ask, out of the players we have bought, which one of those clubs were also linked? Sunderland? Nope! Spurs? Nope! In fact none of them..

Nzonzi? Sounds like something from a Scatman record...

He's the Scatman....

how would owen be going in the wrong direction? Different players are used for different purposes. Not every player is for the long term, some are just for now to help out the squad.

Don`t get that at all. Considering we have sod all up front apart from bent i think owen would be alright for a couple of seasons providing his wages aren`t massive.

Regardless of the fact he is passed his best his name alone would create a buzz and put extra bums on seats.

Wouldn't be against Owen on the right deal. When fit and playing he scores goals, simple as that. As long as we're not paying him millions to be injured then I don't see a problem.

Berbatov would be another good signing. Guess he'd want upwards of £80k p/w which would probably be a problem for us.