General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Think there'll be better clubs than us in for Sturridge. He's a top player on his day and would be a good signing for any Premier League side outside of the top 3.

According to BBC Gossip column/Footy Latest, Spurs are considering making a £5m move for Sturridge. £5m? Some sites don't even try and make shit up convincingly.

He cost Chelsea £8m didn't he?

They signed him on a Bosman from Cittee - may have been some compo due to his age but not £8m surely?

To clarify

As Sturridge is under the age of 24,[17] and the two sides were unable to agree a deal, the fee for Sturridge was decided by a tribunal. The Professional Football Compensation Committee decided on 14 January 2010, that Chelsea would pay an initial fee of £3.5 million with additional payments of £500,000 after each of 10, 20, 30 and 40 first-team competitive appearances. There will also be a further payment of £1 million if the player makes a full international appearance, and Manchester City will receive 15 percent of any sell-on fee if Sturridge is transferred

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are very few people who are truly ITK at Villa and for whatever reason (abuse mostly) they are choosing to keep their info to themselves which is a shame for the rest of us.

I very much doubt it's abuse, it's more than likely that they don't want to risk exposing their contacts so they can keep retrieving info from them.

If Richard for example was to post everything he's heard, then his contact was to read he's been posting all the info on an internet site, his contact would probably then stop giving him info.

Yep sounds fair enough.

Or maybe everything is being managed much more carefully now. I remember with MON every signing would take several months to happen and every man and his dog knew about it beforehand.

Each transfer this time comes right out the blue so maybe even MM and Gazton haven't been clued in.

Think there'll be better clubs than us in for Sturridge. He's a top player on his day and would be a good signing for any Premier League side outside of the top 3.

According to BBC Gossip column/Footy Latest, Spurs are considering making a £5m move for Sturridge. £5m? Some sites don't even try and make shit up convincingly.

He cost Chelsea £8m didn't he?

They signed him on a Bosman from Cittee - may have been some compo due to his age but not £8m surely?

To clarify

As Sturridge is under the age of 24,[17] and the two sides were unable to agree a deal, the fee for Sturridge was decided by a tribunal. The Professional Football Compensation Committee decided on 14 January 2010, that Chelsea would pay an initial fee of £3.5 million with additional payments of £500,000 after each of 10, 20, 30 and 40 first-team competitive appearances. There will also be a further payment of £1 million if the player makes a full international appearance, and Manchester City will receive 15 percent of any sell-on fee if Sturridge is transferred

Thanks for checking, so potentially £6.5m plus a 15% sell on clause. Still more than the £5m being quoted so far in terms of other clubs buying him.

Man City would laugh at a £5m bid for Sturridge. Probably wouldn't even reply. Double that at least.

I'd love to think we'd be interested.

What has he done to be considered a 10m player ?

Nowt

If we now end up signing Snodgrass instead of this French chappy i'm going to cry a little bit inside

I thought for a brief moment we'd get some flair/excitement back in the side. Nothing wrong with Snodgrass especially, but he's very workmanlike and predicatable

Hopefully it's not a crime to want a sprinkling of the other

There are very few people who are truly ITK at Villa and for whatever reason (abuse mostly) they are choosing to keep their info to themselves which is a shame for the rest of us.

I very much doubt it's abuse, it's more than likely that they don't want to risk exposing their contacts so they can keep retrieving info from them.

If Richard for example was to post everything he's heard, then his contact was to read he's been posting all the info on an internet site, his contact would probably then stop giving him info.

No its abuse, saw some of the abuse these guys got and some even explained it as why they stopped.

If we now end up signing Snodgrass instead of this French chappy i'm going to cry a little bit inside

I thought for a brief moment we'd get some flair/excitement back in the side. Nothing wrong with Snodgrass especially, but he's very workmanlike and predicatable

Hopefully it's not a crime to want a sprinkling of the other

and todays award for most over dramatic post goes to !!!

Im wondering if all this slagging of the ITK is because secretly inside they want to be an ITK and feel all left out.

When and if it happens it happens. The ITK might all be correct but something happens last minute that is a deal changer.

People need t chill out instead of going on an ITK hunt.

Man City would laugh at a £5m bid for Sturridge. Probably wouldn't even reply. Double that at least.

I'd love to think we'd be interested.

What has he done to be considered a 10m player ?

Nowt

Well, for starters he's been one of the hottest prospects in the country for a long time (which annoys me that we let him go), proved he can score goals regularly in this league when he was on loan at Bolton (8 goals in 12 appearances) and 12 in 50 odd games for Chelsea despite being played wide (a waste in my opinion, though he's capable).

He's big, strong, fairly quick and very skillful and has an eye for goal. Also represented England at every level and the premium that goes with that (right or wrong). If you think he's not at least in the £10m bracket you're having a titter mate.