Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Was thinking about it and would be so pleased if he ended up being our own 'Cabaye' if you know what I mean. A bit of an unheralded player coming in on a small fee and making a real name for himself. Not going to get ahead of myself but I really like this piece of business.

I'm not suggesting he won't be any good (I certainly hope he is!) but I don't think it really compares to Cabaye. Cabaye was a vital part of a team that won the double in France the season before he moved to Newcastle, and was already involved in the national team. Not many people over here were aware of him, but he was already much more established than El Ahmadi is.

Yeah, thats kind of the point I was trying to come to. Cabaye was clearly already a fairly decent player, but just not that highly known of within England. I reckon El Ahmadi is much more well known in Dutch circles then he is here and at least rated somewhat highly.

Yeah could be a good move, could be a flop.. I'm going to guess he will be a success..

Even if he is a flop, it's what £3mil, could probably sell him back to a dutch club for £2mil at any time. I think we need to keep making signings like this.

Yeah could be a good move, could be a flop.. I'm going to guess he will be a success..

Even if he is a flop, it's what £3mil, could probably sell him back to a dutch club for £2mil at any time. I think we need to keep making signings like this.

Agreed. We spent an absolute fortune on buying British under MON. Obviously we got some good deals (e.g. Young, Milner and Downing) but if we'd shopped abroad more we still would've saved money even if the duds to success ratio was the same.

Agreed. And I think Lambert will too as he seems to be a sensible guy.

Nothing to lose in this signing.

On Cabaye, Benjamin Corgnet would be a similar(ish) player to him and a player I'd love us to sign, both players who make killer passes and chip in with some goals. He was playing football as a hobby a couple of years ago but he's flown through the French leagues since being picked up. Him Ahmadi and Ireland could be a very good midfield.

Happy with this signing. Hope lambert has a few more like this up his sleeve.

This guy looks like he has the athleticism to handle the prem which is where I think someone like makoun falls down.

I think this kind of player could work well in a midfield two with Ireland or in a midfield 3 with Ireland and one of our young lads. I'd like to see him with herd, the opposition wouldn't get much time on the ball.

Certainly looks to be the kind of player we need. Agree with the opinion about youtube vids too. Good at winning balls and feeding others. Would be interested to see how shirt sales develop in Morocco.

Certainly looks to be the kind of player we need. Agree with the opinion about youtube vids too. Good at winning balls and feeding others. Would be interested to see how shirt sales develop in Morocco.

Shirt sales in Morocco? If you send over a box of 10 shirts 9 will be stolen and 1 will remain unsold...

Another small vid of El Ahmadi

Shirt sales in Morocco? If you send over a box of 10 shirts 9 will be stolen and 1 will remain unsold...

Another small vid of El Ahmadi

Very stereotypical, but it made me chuckle nontheless!! :lol:

Â