Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I can see the merits of starting him, but he has been very disappointing over the season, so to start him against Sunderland on the back of a decent half is a huge shout. Personally I would go with the formation which has stood us in good stead over recent weeks; a bad 30 minutes against the champions shouldn't change all that good work.

For me this guy could be the next Petrov, or the next Berson. Lambert has a big decision in the summer about whether to keep him or move him on, but he see's him in training, and knows why he bought him in the first place. We have way too many 'ordinary' central midfielders and some need to be moved on to make a place (and free up some funds) for a new one or two. Personally, I see KEA being on his way.

So harsh, he'll get another season to prove his worth. 

I certainly hope not along with Bannan.

ahah. yeah. that's right, let's get him on a fecking tight rope. that'll sort him out.

also, in the light of the discussion onthe last page, care to point out where the lunacy starts in the thinking that getting at sunderland and not giving them time and room to knock it about is lunacy?

From What Lambert is saying about him, it looks like he may start against Sunderland.

We need some inspiration in midfield. Let's hope he can provide it. And some quality.

From What Lambert is saying about him, it looks like he may start against Sunderland.

It would be a mistake. But , it's the sort of bizarre selection that typifies lambert

It would be a mistake. But , it's the sort of bizarre selection that typifies lambert

Bizarre? He was our best player when he came on last Monday. Do you actually watch games?

KEA was good and composed on Monday. I'd give him a run with Westwood and Delph on Monday.

I keep thinking about this for Monday.

I think I'd go with this with N'Zogbia being the first substitute, getting about half an hour.

The front three should be enough attacking threat with that midfield being enough of a solid base against a Sunderland side I assume will come at us.

I just hope El Ahmadi is up to the pace, as a few people have said, El Ahmadi played well against Man U though they had sat back.

If El Ahmadi is up to the pace I get the feeling the trio of him, Delph and Westwood will stretch Sunderland leaving tired legs for N'Zogbia to take advantage of, plus I hope by that time we'll be a few goals up.

Or even, I'd give both him and N'Zogbia a half each like the Man U game bot swap the halves around.

Edited by 8pints

Yes I think he did enough in that 2nd half showing to be given a chance in the starting eleven. We can always change things later on. I like NZog on the bench because he's a impact player.

Edited by PaulC

He heasn't really had much of a look in since we have got more settled into our 433/4213 formation, and I think he could fit into it well. He has composure on the ball and I think he could provide a good link between the midfield and forwards.

Part of the issue that I had with him was that he was given a defensive role and was constantly caught ahead of the play, often having to make fouls and pick up yellows to cover himself. Playing in a three alongside Westwood and Delph could suit him better. I think he's earned a chance. Zog coming off the bench if the game suits is a good option to have.

I think there is a decent player in there somewhere but he kind of reminds of Ireland in that his true ability hasn't really shown yet & will it ever.

Think he could bring some composure to the midfield but no way should he be promoted to the first team just on the back of Monday nights cameo appearance. I would hope it had more to do with tactics and performances in training.

If it works, then maybe. He has been pretty lackluster in a couple of matches like he was against everton. But he looked great against manu, so maybe he deserves a chance? With nzogbia you never know which player is gonna show up.

• 2 months later...
Â