Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Honestly think now we've signed a proper DM in Sylla, Karim will begin to flourish. There is undoubted quality there as he showed in his early games and he was also recognised as one of the best players in the Eredivisie before we signed him. He's a very good passer of the ball and likes to get forward as well. I think a midfield 3 of KEA-Sylla-Westwood could work very well with the likes of Zog, Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Bent further up the pitch. Also i really think a more solid midfield could work wonders in helping out the defence. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, I don't know. I think we'll see the best of him in the second half of the season and he could be key to our survival. A calm head.

Hopefully. 

I wonder if El Ahmadi played alongside a more physical defensive midfielder while at Feyenoord. Perhaps he does his best work when he's not asked to play the "destroyer" role?

Can Feyenoord on VT shed any light on this?

I doubt he will make the squad/team.  No doubt he has been poor of late.  However he did start really well.  He was a breath of fresh air to our midfield during pre-season.  Then again he was playing against the Portland Timbers!  I still have hope for him.

ahahahahahahahahahah that is quality,

But didnt KEA score a good goal vs everton -> then it went down-hill from there, no?

Everton being his 2nd Premier League game.

So you reckon he scored one good goal, in his second appearance, then went downhill?

He was decent for much longer than that before his performances tailed off.

I wonder if El Ahmadi played alongside a more physical defensive midfielder while at Feyenoord. Perhaps he does his best work when he's not asked to play the "destroyer" role?

Can Feyenoord on VT shed any light on this?

If this is the case, then Sylla should be perfect and we should see the best of KEA. 

Think I read someone saying that the main difference between watching him in Holland was that he used to press much higher up the pitch and being asked to sit deeper doesnt suit him. Im not a watcher of Dutch footie though.

Ive said before I'm a big believer in foreign players being given time to settle - look at begkamp at Arsenal.

hopefully Sylla might bring the best out of him as the only real problems with him I could see when he was playing were being caught out by the physicality and pace of it all (which hopefully he'll get to grips with like Petrov) and the crab like passing he's famed for.

I would agree with the poster that said he's the one central midfielder we've played this year that moves into good positions after releasing the ball too.

Early on and in Pre season seemed to be best player so still think he can come good.

I agree.

Think hes fund the pace of the game over here, a little hard in adjusting too. Also think he needs a strong presence beside him in the middle of the Park. Petrov would probably of been the perfect partner for him.

Looking at it now, i think we should just throw him in there.

Â