FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

think Xavi has reached the end of the line in whats been a great carer. problem is guy they want to replace him Fabregas is far away from the level of class

I rate Fabregas highly, do you think he can improve and get to Xavis level of a few years ago?

The build up starts here.

I hope one of two things happen next year: Messi has a stormer and Argentina win, or Germany turn up and smash everything in site.

Same here actually...

I hope one of two things happen next year: Messi has a stormer and Argentina win, or Germany turn up and smash everything in sight.

for some reason I do think next year will be a more open World Cup in a while. Wont count Spain out yet and throw in Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany and maybe France and Holland who are improving also some dark horses like Belgium, Portugal, Japan and maybe COlombia

I hope one of two things happen next year: Messi has a stormer and Argentina win, or Germany turn up and smash everything in sight.

for some reason I do think next year will be a more open World Cup in a while. Wont count Spain out yet and throw in Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany and maybe France and Holland who are improving also some dark horses like Belgium, Portugal, Japan and maybe COlombia

Is this the hipster way of spelling Colombia? 

Iniesta? Finished?

OptimusGTFO.jpg

Agreed.

A year ago Iniesta was the best player at the European Championships.

He's still got plenty to give.

For all the praise for Luiz tonight, is Thiago Silva the best centre-back in the world?

Yes. Comfortably.

Who is a better central defender than Thiago Silva? I think he'd walk into any side in the world.

Regardless - that was brilliant. Brazil destroyed Spain not unlike Bayern destroyed Barca. Played them at their own game, and referee actually let the opposition tackle Spain, which seemed to confuse the Spainish. Busquets in particular when Paulinho knocked him off the ball and attempted that lob.

Fred really good again, Neymar very good again, Hulk good, etc. Brazil played as a team and cliched as it sounds you've got to consider them one of the favourites for the World Cup. They're at home, they're bloody talented and are capable of ripping anyone to shreds. However it will need that kind of effort we saw tonight to get that 6th world title.

Spain looked abysmal, shell-shocked and devoid of ideas. Iniesta was the only one who genuinely looked like a world cup winner. Pique poor defending then a moronic sending off. Ramos poor defending and  woeful penalty. Also saw Oscar get criticised for when Ramos mowed him down on the edge of the box. Clear free kick/yellow. Xavi not at the races. Age is catching up with him but he's still class. Did Alba even play? Anonymous all game. Mata under par, don't know why Navas Azpilicueta and Villa didn't start, Arbeloa was atrocious and ripped apart and Torres was his usual ineffective self without even a goal to make himself look relevant.

FWIW I'd consider phasing out Xavi now, Martinez or Fabregas will surely replace him. If Spain won the world cup next year I could see Xavi retiring internationallly. Iniesta isn't finished by a long shot. Domestically or internationally. Yesterday highlighted that.

Anyway, well done Brazil. 

Iniesta has still got it and will be part of the Spain team for another 3 years, but Xavi is now past his peak, he is 33 now. Time for Fabregas to replace him at club and international level.

Well I was wrong!

I didn't think anyone could do that to Spain. Brazil have a lot more about them than I thought they had. They've just become extremely relevant again. I must say I enjoyed the game though. Spain as the relatively new kids on the block having manners put on them by the real deal. "Yeah you're good. But we're still Brazil y'know" :D

Â