FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

i dont think spain seem overly bothered, same vs italy, they dont look right, assuming its the long season then add the heat and conditions etc and they are just going through the motions, several players out there that have another gear, xavi and iniesta in particular

agree that you throw in isco and thiago, fabregas comes back, i can see why they save navas but he should have started IMO and then most importantly they need to **** torres off, awful again tonight, missing soldado

I'm not so sure that Xavi does have that extra gear any more, particularly later in the season.  Still a supremely gifted player and the best in the world at what he does, but he doesn't seem to get around the pitch quite as quickly these days.

Thiago and Isco are both fabulous players and will do well for Spain, but they've got a long, long way to go before they're anything like as good as Xavi and Iniesta.

I just love seeing boring spain get beaten.

And me. Barca too. Brazil have lined up very much like Bayern with two deep midfielder. The one constant is Luiz Gustavo.

Edited by tarjei

For all the praise for Luiz tonight, is Thiago Silva the best centre-back in the world?

Yes, without a shadow of doubt.  Cesar is making a claim for the keeper throne I'd say.

I just love seeing boring spain get beaten.

And me. Barca too. Brazil have lined up very much like Bayern with two deep midfielder. The one constant is Luiz Gustavo.

Hopefully both spain and barcelona will be somewhat changing their style in the future. Making them more entertaining to watch, They got abundance of brilliant players, it's rather sad that they're a highlights team.

Imagine if spain was up by 3 now. Might as well turn the match off ;)

Luiz Gustavo may be some kind of 'constant' in purely statistical terms, but he didn't start either leg of the Barça semi-final.

It'll be interesting to see how fit Neymar is after a long European season.

If only Barcelona had some other reliable attacking options...

For all the praise for Luiz tonight, is Thiago Silva the best centre-back in the world?

they have an adundance of quality centre halfs in squad Dede and Dante are top players as well. then look at Spain and Ramos is only Spanish defender close to being world class

Luiz Gustavo may be some kind of 'constant' in purely statistical terms, but he didn't start either leg of the Barça semi-final.

I remember him playing.. he came on as a sub then? I still maintain that they played similar though. Very difficult to get through that narrow midfield and Spain/Barca struggled with the overlapping fullbacks and inside forwards.

Â