FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

Loved then whole tourament. Hope to see Tahiti (or my personal favourite, Vanuatu) at the World Cup some time...but with OFC having to play in a play off, it's highly unlikely, even if they did 'win' the qualification tourament.

The problem with Spain for me is there defence. Ramos and Pique are really not that great when put under immense pressure. Spain really need to somehow fit Martinez in the middle of the park, as Brazil just bullied them in the midfield with Gustavo and Paulinho.

• Like 1

I think Pique should be dropped, he is an abomination the last couple of seasons, Guardiola saw this and think Tito should be looking at it. Del Bosque will be praying Puyol can stay fit next season. 

inigo Martinez should be given a chance to prove himself, cant be as bad as Pique

Pique definitely needs to leave the scene both at club and international level. He has regressed over the last few years when he should be progressing and approaching his peak.

Piqué's getting a lot of criticism, much of it deserved, but he's still a very good player.  Although I think he misses Puyol's guidance, he and Ramos were both brilliant at the Euros last year.  Spain would still be weaker if Piqué were replaced in the starting XI.  However, of those touted, I reckon Javi Martínez would be the most suitable at the moment.

Arbeloa is usually solid but he was found out last night - he couldn't handle Neymar at all, although the cover wasn't good enough at times.  Still, Brazil played really well down the left and Spain never really coped with it.

Enjoyed the tournament immensley and well done Brazil on a great performance in the final. Certainly whetted my appetite for the World Cup next year. 

Spain are still a force and in my opinion will start favourites for the big one next year. I don't think they would play that poor in a proper tournament rather a meaningless one like this and lets be fair, the Confederations Cup is not worth anything. Spain lost 2-0 to the States in the semi final last time. 

That being said, credit where it is due. Brazil played a lot better than I thought they could. 

they've got CBs who could get a sniff, certainly inigo martinez and also alvaro dominguez, carvajal has gone back to mardid so that could be arbeloa slowly being replaced over next season, that said id expect azpilacueta to be starting come the WC, i wouldnt say he was to blame but casillas of 3/4 years back (or maybe even after a full season) would have been disappointed with the 2nd and especially the 3rd

muniesa has been released by barca (to be fair he doesnt look good enough) get some game time somewhere and he could improve, same with montoya, bartra doesnt look good enough IMO

Good tournament but then these no pressure ones tend to produce good games and then most revert back to defence when the real thing starts. See conf. cups in 2009 and 2005.

People were going way OTT after the England game a few weeks back saying this was one of the worst Brazil sides they'd ever seen, I believe it's got more about it than the 2010 side plus people are undestimating the home advantage they have, how amazing was the singing of their NA last night?!

That said not convinced by their back 4 at all, even with the dominance of last night, Brazil could've easily conceded two goals with another missed penalty and the miraculous Luiz clearance.

Who do you guys wanna see at the 2017 Confederations Cup?

And will it be as good as 2013?

I would like to see:

Russia - 2018 World Cup hosts

England - 2014 World Cup winners

South Korea

Jamaica

Argentina

New Caledonia

Belgium

Ghana

:D :D

I predict you wont even get half of them. Russia and Argentina are probably only 2 out of 8 that will be there rest are all substandard teams on their continents

Â