FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

Meanwhile, Lawrenson heads off for a half-time snack:

sushibar_682_619682a.jpg

Spain are going to try and make this game boring.

Surely they're going to have to put some pressure on?  They'll stick to their style but can't just sit back and constantly knock the ball around.

• Like 2

Another Bayern - Barça?  A turning point in football; a shift in dominance?  The next twelve months are going to be interesting.

not IMO brazil have been awesome so far tonight but not entirely convincing in the tournament, still think there are some better teams out there and spain looked shattered / strangely uninterested, i also still dont rate fred / jo / hulk, not sure who the next striker in line is, leandro damiao? think they need a better one

but its certainly what the WC needed, brazil riding the confidence + spain + germany + hopefully belgium on form should make for a great tournament

Brazil are well deserved the 2 goal lead. they have outplayed and outworked Spain from first whistle. Great goal from Neymar but pass from Oscar was just as good. Luiz has been outstanding

Except last 5 minutes Spain have been pretty dire and Xavi has looked poor in the big games this year e.g. Bayern, PSG, Italy and now tonight, might be time for a change

David Luiz is the epitome of maverick :o

Agreed, at times he can look like an accident waiting to happen. I thought he wasn't going to cut it as a CB, and I thought FSW's idea of playing him Dcm was superb. At times he they looked unbeatable with him there. Then when Brazil stuck by him at cb thought it was the wrong move. But when he performs boy does he perform.. Still got that mental aspect though (see elbow vs brentford or penalty vs Uruguay).

• Like 1

David Luiz is the epitome of maverick :o

Agreed, at times he can look like an accident waiting to happen. I thought he wasn't going to cut it as a CB, and I thought FSW's idea of playing him Dcm was superb. At times he they looked unbeatable with him there. Then when Brazil stuck by him at cb thought it was the wrong move. But when he performs boy does he perform.. Still got that mental aspect though (see elbow vs brentford or penalty vs Uruguay).

has been brilliant tonight and I think it helps playing with best defender in the world. Similar to how Davies looked good next to Laursen. Maybe Luiz doesnt feel that protection next to Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic

• Like 1

Â