The Last Of Us

Swerbs

• 1 month later...

I've been playing this for about a week and a half now and it's very immersive. It gets my heart rate right up and has been totally messing with my dream life. Plenty of frenetic action but I enjoy the little bits of exploring that offer a bit of respite and the chance to ponder the decline of civilization. The attention to detail is fantastic.

The concept of a TLOU movie is interesting, although I agree that Bruce Campbell would be an awful choice. Joel kind of reminds me of a cross between Jim Caviezel (Person of Interest) and Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels) and either of those would do a great job IMO.  

I really didn't like this game.  There was an area in the downtown section of the game where you leave your party upstairs for a moment while you go to clear out a large room containing several normal infected and a clicker.   I died about 20 times in a row in there, checked Google about it and it seems I wasn't the only one.  If there is one thing that pisses me off about games more than anything else, it's crazy difficulty spikes with instant fail/death penalty clauses.  I could have probably powered through that section had I wanted to but it would have probably just led to more of the same later on.  Thanks but no thanks. 

The thing about this game I've found is that it is punishing and forgiving in equal measures. There have been several parts where I've been killed more times than i can count but eventually you can overcome but subtly or extremely changing tactics.

Having said that I really suck at games and I'm playing this on normal difficulty and only barely keeping it together.

There's nothing quite like stumbling into a bloater's nest and wondering when the puffy bastard is going to sneak up on you.

I haven't played it in a while, but if I recall, Clickers only banjo you in one move if your health is quite low or if you're standing their trying to go toe to toe.

Its a truly great game and one of my all time favourites. I like the Bloaters too Ponky and the panic they create of whether you have enough ammo to put them down, although there was one part of the game where I just legged it instead and that seemed to work!

The bit at the start in Downtown Boston is bascially a training exercise in how to work the infected, by picking off as much as you can quietly before you need to go loud.

Edited by Ads
  • Like 1

If only certain enemies didn't have one hit kill attacks eh? 

Shoot, run, turn, shoot, run, turn, shoot, run, turn

That's how I pretty much played the game.

With the clicker, just tie some shanks to a pipe or 4x4 or whatever and hit them once. One hit kill them back. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just finished the main story and was very satisfied with how it all played out.

I would certainly say it was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had but possibly not my favourite. Its very linear in the sense that story line is always pushing you forward but then again the game is very story driven, much like on of my other favourites: The Walking Dead Season 1.

It's one of the few games though that I reckon i would be happy to play through again one day.

I loved this game.

With regards to the movie, it seems that Maisie Williams (Arya on Game of Thrones) is up for the role of Ellie.

If anyone has seen Prisoners, I think High Jackman could be an excellent Joel.

I really don't think Maisie Williams is good casting for Ellie, but if it's true I hope she proves me wrong.

Got a hankering to play this again now after this thread being posted in so much. Might have to finally crack open the PS4 remake and take a look. Absolutely adore this game.

Â