The Last Of Us

Swerbs

I used the molotovs on the bloaters in that end section. Makes it much easier. I'm one of those who likes to pick up a weapon and then hang onto it thinking, "I'll need this later" and then forget to use it and finish the game (case in point - the flamethrower).

• Like 1

from left behind - 

its a shame the main game didnt use the tactic of infected vs humans, thought that was clever, think its in the last shop, 5 infected, 5 humans, throw a nail bomb in the middle and then watch them kill each other, really good addition

Edited by villa4europe

• 4 months later...

Picked this up in the sale and enjoyed it but wouldn't say it was one of the best games of the last gen.

It reminded me a lot of Spec Ops the Line (especially the character arc of the protagonist) but left me scratching my head regarding the current state of mainstream game reviews:

Both are 3rd person action games focused mainly on story and character development with pretty average gameplay. One gets panned for the gameplay aspect, despite the story being a breath of fresh air in a stagnant market. The other is pretty formulaic and borrows heavily from other games (e.g. Bill might as well be called Father Grigori) and gets numerous game of the year awards.

Bill? You mean Joel?

And how is he anything like Father Grigori?! Are you sure you were playing TLoU?

No definitely Bill. Although their personalities are different they drive the plot in an identical way:

Two personalities struggling with sanity during a zombie apocalypse

They are the sole residents of their town

They booby trap the whole place to keep themselves secure (and the outside secure from them!)

When Bill showed me that he was keeping his weapon stash in a church I wanted the game to give me an option to rip off his mask (scooby doo style) and reveal he was Grigori all along.

Loved this game. The really enjoyed the story, gameplay and visuals. There's a scene on one of the final missions where a certain something crosses the road and it is one of my favourite moments I've had in a video game. Exceptional.

• Like 1

Bill? You mean Joel?

And how is he anything like Father Grigori?! Are you sure you were playing TLoU?

No definitely Bill. Although their personalities are different they drive the plot in an identical way:

Two personalities struggling with sanity during a zombie apocalypse

They are the sole residents of their town

They booby trap the whole place to keep themselves secure (and the outside secure from them!)

When Bill showed me that he was keeping his weapon stash in a church I wanted the game to give me an option to rip off his mask (scooby doo style) and reveal he was Grigori all along.

Ohhh I know who you mean now. I can see the similarities, fair play.

It didn't register with me as I was playing, and knowing it now doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game though.

Re-playing this on the Grounded difficulty atm - no HUD display whatsoever, no super human 'listening ability', scarce resources and pretty much one shot kills from human enemies.

Very difficult, lots of trial and error, but I think this is how the game should be played

Realism doesn't necessarily equal fun though. I'm not a good enough gamer to play on that sort of difficulty, I'd just get bored and frustrated by how unfair it was. It'd ruin my experience of the game.

Nolan North said they're making another one earlier today,  really hope they aren't the game finished perfectly.

If they did make another one i don't want it to be a sequel.

The game finished with a pretty huge open ending though, they'd be mad not to do another one since it would sell like hot cakes.

There's plenty of scope for furthering the story in my opinion. I look forward to the sequel.

How many games are anywhere near as successful as LoU and don't get a sequel?

I would guess it's not very many.

Edited by Stevo985

Much like uncharted I'd rather they took their time, 2 years in between each one, so around 4 years between each franchise, I'm sure they said this will be the last uncharted (believe it when I see it) so I can't see them ditching both

Â