The Last Of Us

Swerbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started the night hunting deer, just finished the game :(

Didn't enjoy it as much to start, smashed the end, still struggled on the same bits! The bit in the snow ended up as a mad dash again, think the only thing I did different was use the bow a lot more

I still think the gameplay is flawed, the shooting mechanics aren't great, the ai is all over the shop in terms of what they see / hear, the exploration as nowhere near rewarding, and despite all that it's an absolutely stunning game, the story is the best possibly in gaming history, there's 2 or 3 chapters where I would quite happily have played them for hours longer

I like the shooting mechanics, and I found the enemies reacted pretty consistently.

The bit right at the end...

...in the tunnel where there's a shit ton of them and you have to keep distracting them to clear a path is brilliant, creepy and exhilarating. If they AI was dodgy then you'd really struggle to get past that bit. There were some tricky bits, sure, but it never felt like I failed because of anything unfair.

A perfect gaming experience for me, and I don't even like survival horror.

Edited by Ginko

That bit at the end was one of the problems I had, I could go round picking them off but the 2 bloaters I couldn't get to move, could move one of them with a brick but not both, sometimes I'd walk within 2m of one that wouldn't see me but the other one 10m away would

The listening thing is all over the shop in terms of whether or not it work, and then I like I said I used the bow more, but that's because it was pretty much the only weapon you can guarantee a one hit kill with, even the rifle, line up a head shot, no kill

I found those two bloaters easy, but I had 3 molotovs and one of those pretty much takes out a bloater. They only need a couple of shots after that

The hardest bit in the whole game for me was

the bit after the deer bit with Ellie when just you and that guy she meets are alone in that room defending it from the infected

That's the only bit in the game that got me frustrated, in that I had to try it about 10 times before I beat it.

(I was only playign on normal though)

• Like 1

Agree with the above Steve. Set the bloaters on fire, they don't like it :)

I found the hardest part was...

In the restaurant which is on fire with Ellie, and you have a 1v1 with a guy sneaking around the tables trying to creep up on him. That took me aaaages. Stealth was never my thing

• Like 2

Agree with the above Steve. Set the bloaters on fire, they don't like it :)

I found the hardest part was...

In the restaurant which is on fire with Ellie, and you have a 1v1 with a guy sneaking around the tables trying to creep up on him. That took me aaaages. Stealth was never my thing

Ah yeah you're right. That bit was hard. Well...

You have to hit him 3 times don't you?

The first two times were pretty easy i thought.

It was when he crouched down and you could no longer "hear" him the whole time. Then it got hard as you couldn't sneak up on him easily, and he'd always win a brute force attack.

I did that bit by blind luck in the end as I just peered out from cover and he was right in front of me with his back turned.

Also, I think apart from the Deer bit, and a couple of minutes after I first picked it up, I literally never used the bow. It was useless!

• Like 1

i love the bow!

anywhere in the upper body is a one hit kill and you can then get the arrow back from the body and its a stealth kill, its a shame you couldn't craft arrows or different arrow types

the hardest bit for me - 

in the snow drift, even on the second play through i didn't have a clue where i was going, 1st time i just did a sprint through in a blind panic, 2nd time i tried to do it properly and couldn't, took me over 10 attempts to get through

i love the bow!

anywhere in the upper body is a one hit kill and you can then get the arrow back from the body and its a stealth kill, its a shame you couldn't craft arrows or different arrow types

the hardest bit for me - 

in the snow drift, even on the second play through i didn't have a clue where i was going, 1st time i just did a sprint through in a blind panic, 2nd time i tried to do it properly and couldn't, took me over 10 attempts to get through

The few times I used the bow (after I first picked it up) I found it wasn't a one hit kill and definitely wasn't stealth (i.e. other infected could hear it and then came running after you)

It was also very difficult to aim.

Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Â