The Last Of Us

Swerbs

I hate this game when everything goes dark and you can hear the "clickers" about.

I'm such a wuss. 

Don't play Outlast then!

This game is nothing compared to that

I watched a trailer for that. I'm going no where near it :lol:

I'm not a survival horror fan, I bloody hate jump scares, but from what I've seen TLoU is pretty tame compared to stuff like Outlast and Amnesia. No way I'm playing those games.

There's one bit in TLoU I particularly hate...

When Joel is separated from Ellie in the hotel elevator shaft and goes into the partially flooded basement and has to get the generator working to open the door to get out. I remember trying to stand my ground after turning the generator on but after getting the crap scared out of me by one of the big guys and then swarmed by a number of smaller Cordyceps, I just decided to make a run for it on my second attempt. God that bit is creepy. The bit near the end in the underground tunnel where there's a ton of them and you have to keep them distracted chills my bones too.

Brilliant though.

• Like 1

I'm not a survival horror fan, I bloody hate jump scares, but from what I've seen TLoU is pretty tame compared to stuff like Outlast and Amnesia. No way I'm playing those games.

There's one bit in TLoU I particularly hate...

When Joel is separated from Ellie in the hotel elevator shaft and goes into the partially flooded basement and has to get the generator working to open the door to get out. I remember trying to stand my ground after turning the generator on but after getting the crap scared out of me by one of the big guys and then swarmed by a number of smaller Cordyceps, I just decided to make a run for it on my second attempt. God that bit is creepy. The bit near the end in the underground tunnel where there's a ton of them and you have to keep them distracted chills my bones too.

Brilliant though.

That is the EXACT bit I was mainly referring too. I spent ages trying to do that bit. I ended up just doing a runner for the door to escape the big man. 

• Like 1

Does this really look any better in ps4? I'm not sure I can justify buying it again or handle a single click in the dark

Yeah looks really good. Probably the best looking next-gen game I've played. One of the best games for the story I've played too, wipes the floor with the recent GTA game which I thought was extremely overrated (In terms of the story). I'm only half way through too so plenty more to come. 

Am I the only one who was thinking....

When Sam gets infected and Henry shoots him, then shoots himself... Am I the only one who was thinking "Take his Ammo"

:lol:

Edited by PieFacE

Well, the good news is that you'd probably survive longer than most of us when the apocalypse hits with an attitude like that.

The bad news is you are a terrible, terrible human being. But when society does crumble, your companions will appreciate that trait since it will keep them alive ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good news is that you'd probably survive longer than most of us when the apocalypse hits with an attitude like that.

The bad news is you are a terrible, terrible human being. But when society does crumble, your companions will appreciate that trait since it will keep them alive ;)

hahaha, yeah I thought as much. The game forces you to just think about Ammo all the time, I can't help it, the game made me evil...  :ph34r:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Okay it's started giving me some scares.

The bit when you're in the old hotel and fall down the lift shaft into the basement is pretty grim.  Trying to start the power up and a bunch of clickers show up with a bloater in tow.

You should read my spoiler above ;)

Okay it's started giving me some scares.

The bit when you're in the old hotel and fall down the lift shaft into the basement is pretty grim. Trying to start the power up and a bunch of clickers show up with a bloater in tow.

You should read my spoiler above ;)

Should I really though? Won't spoil something I've not done yet?

Well would you look at that, that bit seems to take a unanimous vote in scare factor then.

For the record after numerous failed attempts to run for it, I had to slay them all. Molotov cocktails ftw.

Â