The Last Of Us

Swerbs

No mention of planescape torment? Kotor? Assassins creed 2? FF9? Walking Dead? Ni no kuni? Lost Odyssey? Legacy of Kain?

Even so, Last of Us is better than them all. The story is literally the best I have ever played. It's superb.

Edited by Ingram85

I think the difference is the last of us plays like a film, it's not quite the interactive story of say heavy rain but it's not really that much further on, whereas say final fantasy games etc they are still at their core great games with good stories, IMO the last of us is a great story with a good game thrown in

• Like 1

There doesn't need to be a movie in my opinion, the game is more than enough and I'm not sure the film would do it justice. Hollywood has a nasty habit of making shit films based off games.

As for the comparison to Heavy Rain re: gameplay, it's not even close. It's far more interactive and requires the player to utilise skill and tactics as well as some puzzle solving. Heavy Rain was boring as shit.

TLoU isn't without its flaws but the story is amazing, as are the graphics and voice over acting, pacing and the gameplay is perfectly good. Great even.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2016 at 12:55, Stevo985 said:

Assassin's Creed 2?! As the best story in a game?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.

It's great?! Certainly the best of all the assassins games.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes that's true. It's an apocalyptic zombie game. It would be pretty hard to not have any stealth in it without it being a bullet sprayer.

I've played zombie games that have little  to no stealth elements in there....so in that case I'm out. Games that have large sections of that kind of play aren't for me, I don't mind a bit of it but the game hinges on it being a main part I won't  be bothering.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Yeah but to not have stealth in a zombie game it really needs to be a shoot em up. Like I said a bullet sprayer.

Last of Us is all about survival on your own (or with one or two companions). To take the stealth out of it would be fundamentally changing the game.

So yeah, if you don't like a bit of stealth then it's probably not for you. But you're missing out on a superb game.

it depends what difficulty level you play it on, the harder you go the less ammo you'll have to go shooting with, plus the stealth is kind of the whole point, like i said lack of ammo, enemies you cant really take head on so you sneak round them, it builds tension which is an enjoyable part of this game, if you play it on an easier setting to just enjoy the story (and to try and avoid the not brilliant game mechanics leading to frustration) then the stealth elements arent that bothering

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but to not have stealth in a zombie game it really needs to be a shoot em up. Like I said a bullet sprayer.

Last of Us is all about survival on your own (or with one or two companions). To take the stealth out of it would be fundamentally changing the game.

So yeah, if you don't like a bit of stealth then it's probably not for you. But you're missing out on a superb game.

I know what you're saying, metal gear is a superb game but the amount of stealth that game is based a round just isn't for me. What I dislike about it is spending 20 mins creeping round just to get caught anyway & then have to go full  Rambo. I'm not a pvp fps type of gamer either, so I do put more enfasis on story/character development.

Â