Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

Not a penalty shoot-out (obviously). A 5-4 type dealie.

As for seeing them win. They're certainly capable, though they are outsiders. Sneijder is in the press today talking about the egos in the camp. This suggests the old Dutch flaws are back in force.

The Germans are one of the best counter attacking teams in the world though. I think they will be happy to let the Netherlands pour forwards and then hit them on the break. If the Dutch defence is as shaky as it was the other night against Denmark then I can see a comprehensive German victory here.

I know you didn't mean a penalty shout out mate, you can't have them in a group game :)

I was more thinking about the Dutch shooting at the Germans, I think that would appeal to them a lot.

Ego's in Dutch team? :D I'm not sure they ever went away even in the last World Cup.

So we all assume the egos will be booking their flights at about 10:30BST tonight. That gives them time to get changed and logged on to the internet :P

Got this via The Guardian and their weekly European Paper Roundup (here) but there was a rather fantastic headline in one of the Belgian newspapers following the Netherlands vs Denmark game.

egoland 0

legoland 1

I doff my cap to whoever came up with that. cfQQM.gif

Really hope Holland get it done. Cant see it though. Boateng looked shite in the first game, but Portugal had nobody that could finish. Ideally RvP/Huntelaar finish the chances Robben creates after destroying Boateng.

this could be a thriller tonight.

Anybody have money on Holland being 1st team out?

Could happen, but requires Holland to lose and Denmark to win or draw against Portugal.

My money would be on Ireland tomorrow for 1st team out.

If the Netherlands lose they are out, no matter what happens in the other game. If they lose, then they can only get 3 points at most. Germany will have 6 and if Denmark draw or win then they will have 4 which means Netherlands cant catch them either. If Denmark lose then they are 3 behind Portugal.

this could be a thriller tonight.

Anybody have money on Holland being 1st team out?

Could happen, but requires Holland to lose and Denmark to win or draw against Portugal.

My money would be on Ireland tomorrow for 1st team out.

If the Netherlands lose they are out, no matter what happens in the other game. If they lose, then they can only get 3 points at most. Germany will have 6 and if Denmark draw or win then they will have 4 which means Netherlands cant catch them either. If Denmark lose then they are 3 behind Portugal.

If The Netherlands lose but Portugal win then there will be Germany on 6, Portugal on 3, Denmark on 3 and The Netherlands 0.

The Netherlands could still get 3 points against Portugal in the next round and go through on goal difference above the other 2 who could also be stuck on 3 points and Germany having 9.

LondonLax is right, although the goal difference would be only based on the 3-team mini-league and excludes games against Germany. The group stages work on head-2-head.

Â