Netherlands v Denmark - BBC 1 - 5.00

Germany v Portugal - BBC 1 - 7.45

Wednesday 13th

Denmark v Portugal - ITV - 5.00

Netherlands v Germany - BBC 1 - 7.45

Sunday 17th

Denmark v Germany - ITV - 7.45

Portugal v Netherlands - ITV 7.45

cracking group which will have 6 top games. Denmark were my dark horses until they got drawn in this group but last time they played Holland + Germany in a tournament was 1992 ;)

well done Freddy for getting the call up! although i see wijnaldum didnt make the cut? is he injured or just out for the never playing affellay?

players i want to see -

van der weil, strootman, de jong, narsingh, kjaer, eriksen, hummels, howedes, gundogan, bender, gotze, reus

holland and germany to go through, i got germany at 8/1 last year and i think they are joint favourites now, i think it'll be a germany / holland final too

Why do we always get the group of death?

2000, 2004, 2006 and 2008

Look at it another way, it is a group of death because Holland are in it, and they always have such good teams.

One group where I'll try and watch every game, just hope the football is a better showing than the crap we saw in 2010.

That'll be almost impossible because games 5 and 6 are played at the same time.

One group where I'll try and watch every game, just hope the football is a better showing than the crap we saw in 2010.

That'll be almost impossible because games 5 and 6 are played at the same time.

Do what we did for Euro 2008, put two TVs together!

2000, 2004, 2006 and 2008

Look at it another way, it is a group of death because Holland are in it, and they always have such good teams.

I guess you're right :) I'm low on confidence at the moment though. Already nervous about the Germany game.

It's not really though, is it? People have to decide what the "group of death" is in every tournament for some bizarre reason, even when there isnt necessarily a group of death. Germany & Holland should qualify from Group B comfortably.

I dont think anybody is particularly scared of Denmark, and while Portugal probably have the best individual player in the competition, they struggled to qualify for the tournament from a fairly weak qualification group which included Denmark. Portugal are a shadow of the side which did so well from 2000-2006 as most of their best players have retired, they have an artificially high FIFA ranking and unless Ronaldo does something extraordinary they will be found out this summer.

Can someone with knowledge on German football explain to me why Germany are only taking 3 strikers. They are very short in this area. Klose was a good player, but is now past it, Podolskis best position is deeper which just leaves Gomez.

Germany are strong in all other areas, but not up front.

Anyway can someone explain that to me.

It's not really though, is it? People have to decide what the "group of death" is in every tournament for some bizarre reason, even when there isnt necessarily a group of death. Germany & Holland should qualify from Group B comfortably.

I dont think anybody is particularly scared of Denmark, and while Portugal probably have the best individual player in the competition, they struggled to qualify for the tournament from a fairly weak qualification group which included Denmark. Portugal are a shadow of the side which did so well from 2000-2006 as most of their best players have retired, they have an artificially high FIFA ranking and unless Ronaldo does something extraordinary they will be found out this summer.

I agree with your analysis on Portugal and group B.

But without doubt Holland more often then not end up in the toughest group.

France

Denamrk

Czechs

Germany

Czech

Latvia

Argentina

Serbia

Ivory Coast

France

Italy

Romania

Oh, are they not taking the Brazilian this time? :mrgreen:

EDIT - Muller often plays up front so they probably reckon they're covered for strikers.

Cacau, surprisingly didnt make it in.

Â