Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

They should have kept Huntelaar and VDV on the bench instead of playing people out of position to fit them all in.

You kidding me? VDV looked the best player, when he came on... Should have started against Denmark..

But playing him instead of Van Bommel just left the Holland defence embarassingly exposed.

That's not VDV's fault, it's the fact that De Jong and Van Bommel plugged that hole between attack and defence that Holland have because their front 4 attack, and only attack.

With VDV in it was a front 5 that attack and only attack, and it was basically De JOng vs the entire Portugal midfield when they attacked.

Ronaldo was like a kid in a playground against Holland. Ludicrous amounts of time and space for a player of his ability to be allowed.

But playing him instead of Van Bommel just left the Holland defence embarassingly exposed

when both played vs Germany the defence was still exposed. their defence was probably worse than Ireland considering we didnt have any sitting midfielder (or midfield in general :P)

But playing him instead of Van Bommel just left the Holland defence embarassingly exposed

when both played vs Germany the defence was still exposed. their defence was probably worse than Ireland considering we didnt have any sitting midfielder (or midfield in general :P)

Van Der Vaart came on in place of Van Bommel. Should have replaced De Jong.

You have too much optimism for the day after :lol:

Thank you for making me feel a little bit better.

What's your opinion on a new manager? Do you think we need one? and who?

I am just glad Van Marwijk is very soon gone :D I always hated that guy hahah... New coach hmmm Ronald Koeman? He can't buy/scout players but his tactics are always good! And buying players isn't important as national coach ;) Frank Rijkaard? Or coaches like Louis van Gaal or Co Adriaanse. This team needs some discipline!

Also I do think most of the good players aren't old enough yet to retire. The big players will get at least one extra tournament to show themselves. The next generation is weaker indeed, but the youth acadamies starting to produce again. Feyenoord has an fantastic upcoming youth, so does Ajax. Even teams like AZ and PSV have some talents! It's just waiting for these players and let's hope they will be ready in two years in Brazil !

Anyway, here some rumors who the ones who like gossiping like my self... ;)

Bouma punched the doctor in his face (dont know why yet)

Huntelaar was almost kicked out of the hotel because he did whine to much he wasn't playing

Van Persie wanted to be a striker and Afellay as winger, Sneijder wanted Van der Vaart and Huntelaar in the team (as striker) (Van Persie and Sneijder are the two 'bosses' in the team)

Van der Wiel and Robben had a fight because Van der Wiel was always up versus two men, Robben didn't help him at all and only cared about himself

Other players didn't want to give Van der Wiel the ball, because he gave it to the opponent

Ohter players didn't want to give Robben the ball, because you will never see it back

Robben told Van Marwijk to shut up when Van Marwijk tried to tell him to help Van der Wiel out (against Portugal)

I heard there were plenty more fights and now I even more disgusted. As fan you have to watch this awful defending football tactics while the players got all the fun!!

Funny how you lot got to the WC final two years ago.

It might be the same players but it's a different team/situation/opponents now. Brazil and Spain were the only two strong opponents we met on WC 2010. While we needed an own goal from Denmark and some luck vs Slovakia and Uruguay. Also look at the list who weren't fit before EURO 2012 started. Afellay (sub at Barcelona and had a serious injury), Van Bommel (getting older), Bouma (several injuries, was also sub at times at PSV), Nigel de Jong (sub at city), Kuyt (sub at Liverpool, getting older), Mathijssen (sub at Malaga, getting older as well), Sneijder (several injuries), Van der Wiel (had a serious injury, sub at Ajax) and Willems (only played few games, started as 3rd leftback of PSV... Pieters and Tamata were both injured for a very long time).

This what bothers me the most. Van Marwijk keeps on saying there were no other players to call up blabla. Van Rhijn-Buttner-Emanuelson-Seedorf-Maher-Elia-Viergever-Maduro etc etc.. This makes me so sad. Except Maduro (Valencia) and Elia (Juventus) they played lots of games for Ajax (Van Rhijn)-Vitesse (Buttner)-AC Milan (Emanuelson and Seedorf)-AZ (Maher and Viergever) All good players! All not there at Euro 2012 for whatever silly reasons.. I could name plenty more Dutch players who had much better seasons than some of our current squad..

Anyway I wanted to post the fake and true rumors about the team. I don't think England had that on (sport)news since England is stilll in it.

(source is VI, biggest football magazine/media in Holland and RTL 4, perhaps the biggest tv station here)

Bouma couldn't be confirmed. So guess that's a fake.

The players called Mark van Bommel assistent coach and disliked him. (Van Marwijk son in law thingy)

Van Marwijk and Robben hated each other. Robben didn't listen to anyone and thought he was to good and always blamed others when he did things wrong.

Van der Wiel only cared about his clothing designs and music. He didn't talked to anyone and was always listening to his music/letting his hair cut. Which he seemed to do every day..

Huntelaar and Van der Vaart called Van Marwijk unfair because they never played whatever they did. (Dutch people always blamed Van Marwijk he had 11 standard starting players and 3 standard subs whatever happend) Also Van der Vaart and Huntelaar seemed to whine alot too.

RTL 4 said the biggest problems were Van Persie and Afellay. Van Persie said Huntelaar could get number 9 because number 16 (Van Persie himself) plays anyway. Afellay said he played at FC Barcelona and he was clearly to good for the rest.

So I hope these two queens get kicked out of the squad in the future. Van Persie might be the best player of Arsenal last season but having said that.. it's not like Arsenal had so much quality. The others are pretty average. At the Dutch team Van Persie always has been one of the players. He never stood out. And Afellay is just sad. He barerly plays for Barcelona and should go to a team where he plays. Also he plays extremely poor for the Dutch team as well.

Sneijder seemed to be the only one who wanted to make things happen. Funny to hear he wanted Huntelaar/Van der Vaart/Kuyt in the team. Sneijder really needs to be our new captain :D

Anyway, I guess this was the end of an awful Dutch saga. The worst Dutch team I've ever seen, by far...

I really think you are doing Van Marwijk a dis service with regards to the world cup 2010. He got your team to a world cup final FFS, how can you belittle that achievement. Also the Netherlands also played Uruguay who were a good team. So that is 3 very tough games.

Â