Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

Obviously Netherlands vs Germany is always a big game (just ask Anne Frank) but if you take away the politics then I think Netherlands vs whoever loses tonight is the big one. I think Germany & Portugal will both fancy it against that Dutch back four.

That was Ruud Gullit, though he never actually delivered. I'm talking the swashbuckling side that were there during Keegan's last days. So much attacking talent that fitting them all into the team would unbalance it though you would fancy them to score every time they go forwards, yet so shaky at the back that you fear they will concede every time the opposition get within 30 yards of their goal. Extremely entertaining to watch but you know they will probably never win anything.
I'd take a season or two of that at Villa though.

Quite fancy Denmark to get a point though. Their not exactly bad going forward and most of the Dutch defence is going to be either inexperienced or slow.

Well, I was a third right then.

Hardly any players singing the German anthem. Tut tut.

Some cheap dig about non-German nationals

;)

I did have to use some self restraint to not make a joke about that. Though I think they've over 20 German-born players in the squad anyway.

;)

I did have to use some self restraint to not make a joke about that. Though I think they've over 20 German-born players in the squad anyway.

Oh I know it was just too easy a jab to make.

Well... that was a pretty naff half of football. 0-0 anyone?

The Portuguese really aren't looking that good, and the Germans aren't really looking particular amazing either.

;)

Only two of the squad were born in Germany.

(The rest of them were born before unification, so they are from East or West Germany, except for Podolski and Klose who are Polish ;))

Ronaldo - step over, step over, step over, blast it far away!

So boring and predictable.

Much how Downing is able to cut inside defenders so often. Awfully predictable and yet opposition players let them do it so easily.

Â