Euro 2012: Group B (Ger, Ned, Por, Den)

TrentVilla

Denmark started nervous but probably deserved to win in the end, Krohn Delhi was getting good reviews before tournament and took his goal really well. Good be a decent signing for a mid-table Premier League team also good to see ROmmedahl still playing :D

I can't believe Rommedahl is the age he is, feels like he's been around for years.

Never saw the game, but not surprised to see Denmark scrape something, very efficient team with a formation which fits all the players so they're going to be tough to break down, although Poulsen is always a liability at LB.

For some reason I feel a Ireland, Denmark or Croatia could surprise a few.

Why do we always get the group of death?

It's not really though, is it? People have to decide what the "group of death" is in every tournament for some bizarre reason, even when there isnt necessarily a group of death. Germany & Holland should qualify from Group B comfortably.

I dont think anybody is particularly scared of Denmark, and while Portugal probably have the best individual player in the competition, they struggled to qualify for the tournament from a fairly weak qualification group which included Denmark. Portugal are a shadow of the side which did so well from 2000-2006 as most of their best players have retired, they have an artificially high FIFA ranking and unless Ronaldo does something extraordinary they will be found out this summer.

:winkold:

Why do we always get the group of death?

It's not really though, is it? People have to decide what the "group of death" is in every tournament for some bizarre reason, even when there isnt necessarily a group of death. Germany & Holland should qualify from Group B comfortably.

I dont think anybody is particularly scared of Denmark, and while Portugal probably have the best individual player in the competition, they struggled to qualify for the tournament from a fairly weak qualification group which included Denmark. Portugal are a shadow of the side which did so well from 2000-2006 as most of their best players have retired, they have an artificially high FIFA ranking and unless Ronaldo does something extraordinary they will be found out this summer.

:winkold:

Rev doesn't know what he's talking about :winkold:

Penalties weren't blatant?

Wesley Schneider?

:?

He stands by his point too. Holland only had themselves to blame for the defeat. If you are as profligate in front of goal as that then you will get caught out from time to time.

who would have thought that Group A would provide better games than Group B

Group A games were more entertaining yes, but group B games were of a much higher standard, so in that sense IMO Group B provided the 'better' football and the 'better' games.

He stands by his point too. Holland only had themselves to blame for the defeat. If you are as profligate in front of goal as that then you will get caught out from time to time.

And I stand by my point that a clear handball inside the penalty area should be given as a penalty.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the rules of football...

has Van Persie always been that dirty a player? I had heard it mentioned before, but hadn't really noticed before Saturday, but Agger and Kjaer were livid about his hands to face every time he has his back to goal. It certainly was intentional. Too bad, for such a great player (though he couldn't score to save his life Saturday).

Van Persie has always been a fan of using the elbow and or hands to the face, he did it to one of our players earlier this season.

That's true but he is from Rotterdam after all.

And I stand by my point that a clear handball inside the penalty area should be given as a penalty.

I'm pretty sure that is one of the rules of football...

The rule is that it must be deliberate.

But villaajax is pissed off that Holland lost, so of course the handball was deliberate and the penalty was an absolute stonewaller.

Could happen, but requires Holland to lose and Denmark to win or draw against Portugal.

not so impossible, Denmark has a very good record over Portugal in last few qualifiers

Â