No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-2-3-1 formation, wonder where he got that from.

Not sure about not much hoof ball, they are clearing it long quite often but usually under pressure so understandable. I would be nervous in the premiership about the midfield three holding a high line and pressing up the pitch like they are here. It looks messy and if the oppostion get round you there is plenty of space down the sides.

Still not convinced, its good football and some nice combinations which is fairly common practice now (not sure why "he who shall not be named" didnt know about them) so it would make a change at Villa. I do think that it would be a pretty horrendous learning curve though and I bet the team that beat Molde 5-0 in the championship season had nippy wingers?

4-2-3-1 formation, wonder where he got that from.

Not sure about not much hoof ball, they are clearing it long quite often but usually under pressure so understandable. I would be nervous in the premiership about the midfield three holding a high line and pressing up the pitch like they are here. It looks messy and if the oppostion get round you there is plenty of space down the sides.

Still not convinced, its good football and some nice combinations which is fairly common practice now (not sure why "he who shall not be named" didnt know about them) so it would make a change at Villa. I do think that it would be a pretty horrendous learning curve though and I bet the team that beat Molde 5-0 in the championship season had nippy wingers?

I'd much rather we played higher pressure to be honest. We always tend to just sit back and let opposition have the ball and eventually find a way through. IMO we need to try and dominate the game further up the pitch.

I'm not sure if these are the tactics he plays every game or if they are just the tactics for this match against this current opposition?

Dont know Pieface, first time I have watched them. To be honest, the opposition are not exactly a footballing side and they are bypassing the midfield three and putting pressure directly on the back four. The good thing is, the opposition four cannot press on because that would leave 4 v 4 behind them.

The problem we had last year, was some were pressing and some were dropping deep and it was a chaotic mess. The one thing I will say for Benitez, he knew how to drill two banks of four when Liverplop didnt have the ball. Chelsea were pretty good at it last night and againstBarca too. Nightmare to get through.

Did that feel like a goodbye send-off to the fans and players to anyone? Does he usually come out onto the field after a league match, hug all his players, go over to the section of his fans and applaud and wave them?

Angan is a far better finisher now after working with OGS than he used to be, he is kind of a less talented Gabby. Fast, strong and gets chances but after that everything can happen.

7 goals in 10 games, this is probably his level though, can't see him taking a step up to one of the better european leagues.

Other african strikers like Anthony Ujah, Miram Biram Diouf, Chinedu Obasi and Mamadou Diallo were all clearly of much higher quality than Angan when they were in the norwegian league.

Did that feel like a goodbye send-off to the fans and players to anyone? Does he usually come out onto the field after a league match, hug all his players, go over to the section of his fans and applaud and wave them?

Looked nothing like a goodbye to me.

I didn't watch it. Now I'm confused. :?

LOL. My thoughts exactly. WTF boys?

Me too.......two contrasting posts there.